KingsRown Arms (Light Rp Pub)

EmeraldFox

ooc:  Welcome everyone to the Kings Row Arms.  A light RP pub located in kings Row that like Pocket D is a neutral place for both heroes and villains.  Were players can talk out of charecter and rp though we do ask that if your talking out of charecter you talk above the rp post starting with ooc: and with RP starting with RP:

Now then the rules for here

Rules:

1. No discriminating.  ie against a persons sex race religion age or if there LGBT

2. Leave your real world politics at the door

3. No Rp superpowerd fighting allowed here guys and gals im afraid.  My good friend pocket D gave me a few inhibitors to stop any super powers blowing up the bar

With that said lets get this show on the road and see were it goes

rp:

It was another beautiful morning in kings row.  A 37 year oldman wearing a white t shirt jeans and sporting a goatee walks outside the door of a new pub that had just opend up and smiled looking around.  His name was Paul O'Sullivan From Northern Ireland.  He had just moved to Paragon city.

Back home he had another identity like here and that was of the street hero Madra Rua though there were few that knew this.  Smiling he walks back inside and goes to the back room to double check if the inhibitors that he bought of his friend Pocket D are working right and to check his stock.  He may have insurance on the pub like most business but he did not want his premiums to get any higher than they were currently and was not taking any chances.

Nodding his head he quickly checks his stock before going out behind the bar to give it a quick clean before the first customers come in

EMERALD STAR PUB DISCORD: 

Hey guys.  Need a place to go online were you can forget eberything going on in the real world?  Place to let loose have fun and a laugh?  Well come on down to the Emerald star pub.  A fun place to be thats both ooc and rp chat.  You want to know more theres an invite below to come check us out and have some fun

Emerald Star Pub

• 6 months later

A pale woman in black jeans, jacket and shirt entered and walked up to the bar. Libra looked around. "New to this area.. I hadn't noticed this place before." She looked to the bartender. "If it turns out nice enough.. I may drag some of my family here."

screenshot_200203-08-24-52.jpg

Edited by Medicow

Hearing the door open Paul looks up smileing at the lady that walks in.  Wipeing down the bar as he hears what she said he replys "Well this is our first day opening.  Hope you do like it here enough to become a reguler".  Putting down the cloth Paul ask's "What can I get for you miss?"

Hey guys.  Need a place to go online were you can forget eberything going on in the real world?  Place to let loose have fun and a laugh?  Well come on down to the Emerald star pub.  A fun place to be thats both ooc and rp chat.  You want to know more theres an invite below to come check us out and have some fun

Emerald Star Pub

nodding his head Paul gets the lady her drink. Serving it he says "would be glad to meet your friends.  Though I dont know if your a hero or not but im saying this to every customer just in case.  We do have power inhibiters in the back".  As he hands over the drink he replies "Reason being that insurance on buildings in Paragon is totally crazy at the best of times and I dont want my rates to skyrocket every other week with the place being wrecked by some hero battle outside comeing into my bar"  Smileing at Libra he says "Enjoy your drink miss and I hope I didnt cause offence"

Emerald Star Pub

She gave him a faint smile. "I don't start fights and as long as they leave me alone and don't touch my whiskey, I have no issue with anyone else. When I am not in costume, I am not on that clock, but on a different.. And Leave me be, I leave you be." She lifted her glass. "Sláinte." She took a sip and relaxed. "And While in some ways, I am easy to offend.. I never take offense from the man who serves me whiskey."

Laughing Paul takes of a small glass and pours himself a shot and says smileing "Good to know.  A lady after my own way of thinking. Dont start fights in my bar and ill leave you be.  Start a fight and ill show ya why you dont mess with an ulster man.  Least thats what I say".  Lifting up his glass he says "To past friend's, lovers, relations and does we hold dear.  And to those we are yet to meet may there Luck be blessed as well as the lives they live.  Sláinte "  He then drinks the whole shot

Emerald Star Pub

"My Assistant, my student and their clan will love your bar, you know.. They are a bit rowdy.. But what can you expect.. Red-headed the lot of them.." She gave a small laugh. "The O'Quanes are good folk.. I brought them here.. and They have not been happier.." She raised her glass. "I wish my friends and loved one now and in the future and in the past, Health Wealth and happiness Galore. I wish them heaven when they die.. What could I wish them more.. May their joys be as deep as the ocean and their troubles as light as it's foam and may they find sweet peace of mind, wherever they all roam. Sláinte." She took another drink. "So.. What brought you to Paragon?"

"New start really.  I helped... run a very good antidrug inicative back home as well as a sorta neighbourhood watch scene" Picks up the glass he just drank out of and cleans it "Few guys didnt like it cop got hurt that was helping and I got framed.  Took a bit to clear my name and I dont think every cop believe im innocent so I figured time for a new start".  Turning Paul wipes down the glass after cleaning it before he briefly looks to an old  photo of him outside a local youth club back in Belfast and smiles before turning back to the bar.  "So what about yourselfmiss?  What brings a lovely lady likeyourself to Paragon?"

Emerald Star Pub

She smiled faintly, her eyes going a bit sad. "You can say I am a bit of a Dimensional refugee or that I am in self exile. Been here only a few months. So far this one has treated me better than my last two Dimensions. I have people who I can count on here. My abilities don't make people stare or comment excessively. And lovely women seem to be a dime a dozen. I would rather be the interesting woman.. Not enough of those."

Smileing Paul leans on the bar and says "Never hurts to pay a lady a complament.  Sounds like your a fellow mask like me.  Means superhero on the clok.  On the clock my naes Madra Rua.  A pleasure to meet you"  Getting up Paul walks over to the photo graph and smiles as he picks it up.  Walking over to he hands it over to shew saying "Old youth club i used to help out back at home.  Took on a few paramilitary drug dealers on the clock and a cop got blown up to frame me.  He used to be a contact I had forany offical word on dealersand such.  Never found who they worked for" 

Emerald Star Pub

"I am Libra. On or off the clock." She looked at the picture. "I am sorry that happened to you. And yes.. superhero on the clock.. I run a magical consulting and retrieval firm otherwise. And I  retrieve things that were stolen from their rightful owners." She gave a faint smile. "I can pass word around, if you wish, about your situation. Try to help you find out who was behind it all." She pulled out a phone and sent a quick text. "But first, telling the family about this place.. maybe get you a few more customers."

Smileing Paul shakes his head saying as he uts picture back on the  shelf "Thanks but id rather get him by myself.  No offence but it just got personal when he tried to stitch me up.  Even though I got cleard of the bombing I still want to get this guy myself.   But wont say no to the free word of mouth advertiseing though"

Reaching down behind the bar he grabs the remote for the tv placed up high in the courner and turns on the news channel watching the news about the latest supervillan in paragon sighted and has to laugh at his costume "Welll I gotta see most of the villans here seem to be a lot more colourfull than those you get back in Belfast"

Emerald Star Pub

"Colourful, yes.. Tacky is another word I would use.. but then some of the hero outfits I have seen.. two pieces of electrical tape and dental floss... and that's just the men.." She chuckled. "Some of these costumes would be better as swimsuits or used as Cleaning rags. How can anyone take a hero seriously when they look like... well.. they belong on a street corner?"

Laughing Paul says "Knew a guy back in belfast.  Moere thug than villan.  Went by the name of the Belfast Brawler.  Arms as thick as Tree Trunks Biceps the size of a bulls thigh and fists as hard as iron.  He was a mutant with superstrength.  Hired himself out to thugs and every now and again good for tips.   Anyways he never wore a costume.  Just your normal every day jo clothes but always wore a trench coat and a sock cap.  That was his costume"

Emerald Star Pub

She laughed softly. "I know a guy like that. He wears street clothes as a hero.. I wear a costume out of habit.. but no mask. Street clothes, aren't so bad.. but a miniskirt in a fight? I can't see how someone can fight in that. Hell, I hate working in Cimorea.. I dress like a native there.. but I feel silly... and considering that I fly.. I try to stay more grounded..."

Smileing Paul leans on bar saying "Dont have powers myself.  More like a robin hood with gadget arrows man myself.  Costume wise well... trust me youll know me if you see me on the clock if you can figure out the meaning of the name.  I prefer a street level view myself.  Fly around you miss so much of whats happening street wise and a lot of the little people on street need just as much help as other people do"

Emerald Star Pub

Smiling, she sipped at the whiskey. "I stay in the air for fighting. And when dealing with Malta or the Knives, you need to stay moving. I know about the people on the street. They can't deal with some of these gangs. Hellions and their demon worship. Freakshow and what they do to themselves. Sky raiders... The lists goes on and on." Her smile faded. "Sometimes it feels like everything has been flushed down the drains and we are trying frantically to push it back.."

Nodding his head Paul replys"Theres a saying I heard.  How do you reconise there is a problem?  By admitting there is one.  Theres to many places for street gangs like that to hide.  Its like a coackroach.  You go into a house you know is infested in them but you cant see them.  Move a chair, kick a can or discarderd fastfood box theyll come out like wildfire.  Its the same with the gangs.  There like coakcroaches in that respect.  And if it wernt for heroes well.... Paragon city would be in a lot more trouble.  Heroes help keep the balance between chaos with the gangs and order." Going back to cleaning his bar he adds "Good example of coackroaches are the skulls and circle of thorns.  the Skulls hide in every knock cranny alley and back alley they can find on street.  The circle of thorns keep to the rooftops.  Ive seen them try and sacrafice citizens and also seen them try and open portals to who knows where on occasion and I dont think I want to know where knowing them"

Emerald Star Pub

"That's why we do what we do. Sure, the task is a Sisyphean one.. But we have to keep at it. Nothing worth keeping is easy." She watched him. "Circle only gets worse the more powerful they get. The ones I dislike though are the Carnies.. they are possessed and psychics. Frankly I don't like things getting into my head."

ooc: These guys are a custom villan group hell be talking about im working on for custom missions

ic:

Winceing Paul said "Amen to that sister.  You know there was a clown gang back in belfast called Twilight circus.  But they were male and female.  Always dressed like some sorta clowns from the circus" Pal puts down the rag and puts two arms on the bar "They never had the world domination thing going they just liked to rob and cause chaos.  Head of the gang was a girl that liked some sorta circus ring master.  Called herself Madame Ring.  Those are the type of scary clowns that gave any kid nightmares.  One day they just dissaperd and noone's heard of them since back in Belfast"

Emerald Star Pub

She winced at that. "Yeah.. never cared for clowns.." She finished her drink. "A second one, please." As she got and paid for the drink, she sighed. "I make it a personal rule.. I don't dance in doorways, I don't even have any doors... I don't own any mirrors, and I try to be careful of things that can mess with your head." She smiled as she sipped. "Far too long dealing with things better left alone by wise folk."

The creak  of the door again indicated that someone else had wandered into the pub, but the lack of a heavy 'thud' said that they hadn't closed the door behind them. The newcomer, a woman with brown hair, green eyes, and surprisingly pointy ears, stood just inside the doorway, looking puzzled. For a moment, she leaned back to look outside, turning her head left and right, then looked back inside again, and spotted Paul behind the bar. 

"... Didn't this building used to be a pawn shop? I mean, I'm not saying I *wanted* it to still be a pawn shop, just that..." Sighing, she paused and apologized. "Sorry. I've been gone a few years, and just moved back and... stuff's different."

She stepped fully inside, finally, letting the heavy wooden door close behind her and headed for the bar as if puzzled curiosity had turned to acceptance... and thirst. 

Smileing Paul said "Welcome to the kingsrow arms.  Yeah used to be a few years back before they got closed down I hear.  When I bought the place before I got the pub up and runing it was an abandoned building".  Grabing Libra's empty glass and refills it passing it back over "Here you go mame".  Paul walks over to the part of the bar with the new customer sayting welcome home then Miss.  What can I get you?"

Emerald Star Pub