KingsRown Arms (Light Rp Pub)

EmeraldFox

"A refill? Twist my arm, sure." Nikeiva also relinquished her empty glass. "S'been nice talking to people. I'm kind of a loner most of the time, especially since returning to Paragon, but... it gets to a person eventually, you know?" Leaning back in her chair a bit, and peering around the bar, she wondered vaguely if Paul had a dart board in his establishment. 

• 2 weeks later

Nodding refilling there glasses Paul replys "Yeah I hear you.  Being lonely get's to you.  Especilly when your up against the wall with some super villan after your ass because you pissed him off by foiling his latest plot.  But sometimes it helps knowing that there is someone that has your back'"

Standing up and slideing the filled glasses over he continues "But there are times your also afraid.  If you decide to get someone to help you of them getting hurt.  Either someone getting to them if there civilian or there family or if there masks someone finding out who they are under the mask and getting them". 

Paul back's off and leans against wall behind bar arms folded saying " And theres the question.  If you decide to fight that loneleeness and give in and trust someone is it worth the risk.  For them for you?  And can they be trustworthy."  Smileing Paul shrugs his shoulders "My answer?  Wont know till you try but it can be good to know that there is someone out that that has your back"

EMERALD STAR PUB DISCORD: 

Hey guys.  Need a place to go online were you can forget eberything going on in the real world?  Place to let loose have fun and a laugh?  Well come on down to the Emerald star pub.  A fun place to be thats both ooc and rp chat.  You want to know more theres an invite below to come check us out and have some fun

Emerald Star Pub

"I know how that goes.. but trust me.. after a century of dealing with things alone.. knowing that I have people who will back me is comforting. Hell, if I don't tell them if I am about to head into a dangerous situation,  they get mad. Standing offer of breaking my leg to make sure I can't go alone.." She chuckled. "But what do you expect from a giant Tiger? Niceness?"

Nikeiva chuckled. "Giant tigers. Not known for being wishy-washy, that's for sure." She indulged in a long sip of her refill, then sighed. "Yeah, you're both right. I miss my old team -- part of the reason I left is that they had just disbanded, and I didn't know what to do with myself anymore. I should find a new team. Having people to mutually watch each other's backs, and prop up each other's sanity, is worth its weight in gold. I hope you both have that-- or find it soon." She stared at the cherry in her glass, her thoughts far away for a moment, and then smiled lopsidedly. "...and if I go solo much longer, Crey is going to catch up to me again. That... didn't go so well for me the first time. Backup might make the difference between whether that's my misfortune... or Crey's."

After a prolonged moment of staring at the cherry in her glass, Nikeiva's brows furrowed in confusion, and then she looked up at Paul. "Oh. Does your bar have power dampers? I just realized I can't levitate the cherry out of my drink."

"Nikeiva, if you want.. I will be happy to introduce you around to some of my family. They are some of the best people you will run across. A bit weird.. but that's why they are so great." Libra lifted her glass to the other woman. "The running joke is I just need a Lion to complete the collection. I have adopted a Tiger and a Bear as my Brothers and we have a dog.. named Dog.."

Edited by Medicow

"I appreciate the offer, Libra, and I might even take you up on it," Nikeiva replied. "I should check up on any old friends first, and see if they're still in the area, and still fighting the cape-and-mask fight, though, you know? I know some of them have bowed out of the hero life, but some of them might not have, and I owe it to them to check in on them first."  She sipped at her glass, making an awkward, cringing expression. "I'd like to claim I've been too busy getting moved in and back to the fight to do that... but truth is I've been too chicken."

Shakeing his head Paul says "You know... i knew this guy back in Belfast.... young fella.  When he was nothing but a lad used to run around and play with this young girl.  Became best of friends.  Those two were inseperable.  But he moved awayt with his family outta the city.  He came back as a teenager and wanted to look for that girl as he felt he owed it to her to check on her but he was scared to go see .  Kept makeing excuses.  Till he decided to grow a pair and went out to look for her.  And you know what happend?"

Hey guys.  Need a place to go online were you can forget eberything going on in the real world?  Place to let loose have fun and a laugh?  Well come on down to the Emerald star pub.  A fun place to be thats both ooc and rp chat.  You want to know more theres an invite below to come check us out and have some fun

Emerald Star Pub

The door opened to the establishment and the black and red clad figure stepped into the low light of the pub.  It had been eight long years since this particular vigilante had run through the streets of Paragon City, she was a little older, a little wiser and a lot less hot headed.

Stepping up to the bar, Canadienne pulled up the mask to reveal only her mouth and nose and gave a long sigh of relief.  "A pint of cider, please," she asked with a hint of a Quebecois accent.  "An' some food.  Fries and gravy if you have them, please."

screenshot_200509-01-50-21.thumb.jpg.24127812d7af6257b5848fd2fb1a46b0.jpg

Smirking Paul replied "He asked her out and a few years later just before the second world war my grandparents maried at 18.  Point of the story is that you never know what would happen in a situation like that if you just stand by.  You have to takea chance and grab life by the throat and just suck it up.  If its a bad choice meh youjust learn and move on.  But if its a good choice youll love every minute of it"  Smileing Paul turns to the new comer saying "Welcome to the KingsRow arms.  Im sorry but we dont serve food at the momentas we havent got a chief just yet and the kitchen equipment hasent fully arrived and been installed so for now its just pub snacks, drinks, and a lot of laughs and craic at the bar here".

Aftyer grabbing her a glass and pouring out her cider Paul serves the lady he says "Here you go miss.  Opening day special you get one free drink courtasy of the bar man" Before realiseing something.  Looking back at Nickeiva Paul says "I am so sorry I just realised the question you asked.  Was haveing such a good laugh and enjoying the conversation I forgot to reply back.  Yes we have power Damping generators. " Jerks thumb at sign "In a city full of supers and super villans cant afford to have my bar destroyed in some super fight.  Insurance costs alone would be so high and near evil that it would put a smile even on Lord recluse himself"

Edited by EmeraldFox

Emerald Star Pub

Hagis.jpg.8f01189e9514b62e2f8c313a4b811900.jpg

OOC: This looks like fun. I'm flat out with life right now, but if you don't mind me being slow, I'd like to jump in.

RP:

There came the sound of the front door closing again, and in came a burly Highlands Scotsman with a full orange-red beard and a head of hair to go with it. The red glow of his eyes dimmed as the bar's power suppressors kicked in. Stopping before he entered the bar proper, he spoke: "Excuse me, mate! Are we needin' ta be checkin' weapons?" He held up a medieval war mace. "Aye? All right, I'll just be leanin' it here on the wall. Lemme know if its in yer way." He took a quick look at the booths, and then the bar stools. Deciding against testing the sturdiness of the furniture, he gently moved aside a pair of stools and elbowed up to the bar, a respectful distance away from the other patrons.

He dug into his sporran and pulled out a ruggedized communicator, as well as a Hero ID card. He glanced at the time on the comm unit, heaved a weary sigh, and placed it back in the sporran. He slid the card across the bar in the general direction of the bartender.  "Please excuse me fer interruptin' tha conversation. When ye get a chance, mate, would ye put on a pot o' coffee? Hot, black, an' lots of it, if ye dinnae mind." By way of explanation, he apologetically waved at the women in the bar. "Workin' on hour 53 since I last slept.  Nae ashamed ta admit I'm needin' a wee kick."

Nikeiva waved away any hint that she was bothered by the power dampers. "I completely understand, and don't mind at all," she replied to Paul. "I'm just glad I noticed before I tried to set my drink down in mid-air like an astronaut. I'm telekinetic, so it's something I do a lot at home. I'll... just have to pay attention to what I'm doing, here, I guess."

Sipping at her own drink, she watched as Paul handled the newcomers. He had a point about making a move versus never knowing how something would turn out, and while she hadn't left any lost loves behind in Paragon, there were plenty of friends and teammates who might still be around. 

Libra laughed at Paul's story and nodded to the new guy. "And I think the clan what adopted me will love this place. And don't apologize," She nodded at the man who just entered. "You need something hot, strong and can win a bar fight on it's own.. A proper pot of coffee can do that."

Smileing Paul turns around saying "Give me one sec ive got a coffe maker in a box of kitchen things that did arrive".  Walking over to a door Paul dissapers inside for a moment before reamergeing with a coffe maker and pa ck of coffe for it.  Walking behind the bar Paul sets it up and rinses out the pot before getting it ready "Give me about 3-4 minutes and theyll be a pot ready for you my Celtic friend"

Emerald Star Pub

OOC: Hagis' current frame of mind is that sort of punchy ragged tired. We've all been there-where your words just sort of come out as a stream of consciousness babble. I'll try to play that up a bit. At this point, he's

1) not aware that Paul is a hero, but making a guess that the others are

2) aware that there is no real food available

3) not aware of any names, with the possible exception of Paul, if he's wearing a name badge or embroidered shirt or something like that

RP:

Hagis sighed gratefully, rubbing the bridge of his nose, as Paul prepared the coffee maker. "Aye, a coffee that can win a bar fight by itsel' would be wond'rful about noo."

"Thanks. I prob'ly shoulda looked fer a diner but this was too convenient." He looked idly around. "From tha costumes, an' tha talk o' telekinesis, I'm guessin' this is a hero bar?" He waved again. "Me name's Hagis, spelt wi' one 'g'. Somewhere out there's a hero who beat me ta tha proper Haggis spellin', but I'll be durned if we've met. I dinnae suppose any o' ye ken who that is?"

He started a little at the red-and-black clad woman sipping her drink with her mask half-down, and then smiled ruefully. "Lass, I can certainly appreciate needin' ta keep an identity secret. I dinna ken if ye know this, but bein' able ta drink wi'out endin' up wi' foam on yer mask is a skill ta be envied! I have enough trouble w' me beard sometimes."

Shaking his head, he continued. "Aye, right, sorry, miss. Pay no mind ta me ramblin' and blatherin'."

He reaches into his sporran and pulls out a piece of paper that is worn, as it has been folded and unfolded many times. "I hope none o' ye mind me talkin' aboot business on yer downtime, but I hope ye'll tak' a look at this." He slides the paper across the bar in the direction of Paul and the others. It's a mug shot of a heavily tattooed Skull, grinning as his picture is taken. "I'm lookin' fer this man. Calls himself Rictus. Any chance any o' ye have seen him in yer travels recently?" With a nod at the woman in white and black, he added "He put three o' me own clan in tha' hospital."

"No.. I haven't.. but I will be happy to keep an eye out. I am Libra. Need an additional hand? As to being a hero..." She shrugged. "I just do what's right and to hell with anyone who doesn't like it." She took a drink of her whiskey. She tapped the picture. "Thugs like him need put down and dealt with.."

Nikeiva peered over Libra's shoulder, trying not to be too rude about it. She made a flicking gesture at the photo, frowned a bit when she remembered she couldn't levitate it to her, then sighed and asked, "May I see it? My neighborhood is just crawling with Skulls. I'm working on that, but I've only been back around a week. I can keep an eye out, though maybe 'ask around', if you know what I mean."  The wicked little half-grin that flickered across her face a moment implied that the local Skulls were unlikely to enjoy the way she did her asking. 

The woman in the black and red clad uniform pulled the earbuds out of her ears and stuffed them into her coat pocket, just listening to the conversations for a moment.  She took a few sips of her cider and sighed before muttering something in French and reaching up to pull the mask completely off.  It was like a huge sigh of relief, doing that.  Like taking off a pair of shoes after a long day.

Here, maybe she could find a place between her nightly routines and just be Dominique Turgeon.

[[OOC: Anyone musically inclined or follows symphonic metal bands might recognize Dom as a guitarist with a Montreal band named Seven Years of Blood.]]

Leaning on the bar Paul looks down at the picture and says "He looks somewhat familiar.  Might have seen him on some of my patrols round kingsrow.  Cant say for sure.  Mind if I borrow that photo?  Ill copy of it and make up a flyer with your contact info and put it up on the message board and the pubs socal page online if you want"

Emerald Star Pub

With a sideways glance, Hagis said to Paul, "Patrols?" Putting aside amazement at how some people manage to live a life and be a superhero at the same time, Hagis considered the offers of help before him. He sipped at the tankard of steaming brown liquid, sighing in relief. It was indeed good, hot, and strenuous.

"Thank ye, all. I'll tell ye wat- me SG managed ta develop a few leads o' our own. Haven't led ta nuthin', tho. Just one out o' use Superadine lab an' another site that might have been a rave in tha' last week. I've got surveillance runnin' on what might be a clubhouse. It's two an' a half blocks..." he looked around to orient himself, then pointed at the northeast corner, away from Freedom Plaza. "....thataway."

He continued: "But I been sittin' on tha place fer six hours and havna seen anyone. I'm gunna give it another three before I gotta call it a night. Think it mighta been an Edmund Ace hardware store once upon a time." He shows everyone the live camera feed on his phone.

"I'm nae willin' ta ask ye ta do ennythin' on yer downtime, an' I'm sure ye got yer own problems ta solve. That said, I willna turn down help tha's so willin'ly offered. If ye do see somethin' out on patrol, or ye do manage ta have a pleasant conversation wi' a Skull that turns up anythin' potentially related ta Rictus, please lemme know."

Unable to stop himself, Hagis yields to a bone-cracking yawn before draining his tankard. "Could use another one, mate, an' then I'll be on me way."

((OOC: Sorry, Flintlock. Been to Montreal a few times, wandered the Olympic park there, but not at all familiar with symphonic metal.))

The door opens just enough for a diminutive form to slip in, cellphone in hand, and flatten herself against the door frame as she uses the phone's camera as a periscope through the barely-cracked-open doorway.   A half dozen civilians scurried by followed by what could have been a drone.  

"God, I'm gonna hate convention season.  I can already tell." she muttered.

spacer.png

Turning to face the room, her ears perked up and whiskers curled forward as her eyes somehow appeared to double in size "Oh, A Bar!".   Her demeanor immediately shifted into an absolutely terrible facsimile of a more seasoned adventurer.  "I guess it's not too early for one or two, but I may have..." She started with such promise, casually slipping her phone back into a one of those nylon arm-holsters that joggers seem to love, but her toes struck war mace before she finished and she was sent stumbling forward,  desperately juggling the phone in front of her.

"...left..." (batted it overhead)
"...my..." (left hand, barely missing the wall.)
"...ID..." (right hand, knee level, ...just saved it)
"...in..." (ricocheted off her chest)
"...my..." (now off an elbow)
"...other..." (almost there)
"...pants..." (caught it!)

"(Phew)"

She didn'ts eem to notice the PCU freshman ID and a (very) small pad of dollar bills were flung free of the armband during the scramble.  A hero registration card was precariously close to joining them.  She just focused on reaching the bar, absently fishing out an earbud (wrapped in cotton balls and masking tape to fit) and giving a hopeful smile.

A hint of confusion joined the smile as realized she hadn't a clue what to ask for.

[[OOC:  Anyone following memes online may recognize Tabby as an (unwilling) meme-sensation- to the point that the "Tabby Tracker" gives out weekly pizza prizes for submissions in various categories.  Current top-voted post of the week is pretty weak- just a "hang in there..." variant of what appeared to be her dangling from the monorail over water somewhere off Talos Island.  It doesn't have nearly as many votes as last week's first Tabby encounter with the Carnival of Shadows: ("it's not a real party till there's naked catgirls on the dancefloor") but many suspect that carnies manipulated that vote for the pizza.)

Dom may recognize the faint bass from the headphones as one of her band's songs.  Your choice on whether it's actually one of hers or those of Carrie Crew- a lame Poseur band from Rochester, NY that (poorly) mimics their performances and style (without paying royalties).

]]

Edited by chase

Smileing Paul walks from the back of the bar and says "Contry to populer belief ladys and gents this is a neuteral bar.  IE Hero's and villans in the neighbourhood as long as you dont cause a bar fight and behave you are welcome.  Talking shop in here is welcome of course as well as asking around but please even with the power damperners I have here leave all beef at the door.  As far as anyone's considerd like Club D this is neuteral territory"   Helping the Cat lady up he ask's "Are you ok?  Looks like your near out of breath there"

Emerald Star Pub

Tabby's tail curled around her leg and the fur on her cheeks stood on end, an apparent equivalent of a blush.  "Yeah, I guess with Drones around I can't just assume that the tallest roofs are safe for sunning."

"I'm Tabitha, by the way."

One of his earlier remarks sank in,  "Power dampeners!"  She touched her ears, tail, then stared at her hands, studying them for any change.  A hint of a subvocalized "please please pleasepleaseplease" could be made out. 

After a moment, she gave up, "Guess that was too much to hope for.  Probably for the best.  It'd be an awkward time to lose the fur... I guess."  it was a weak self-deprecating laugh of someone that was still a tad disappointed.  "You don't happen to know of any dampeners that nullify transformation spells, do you?"

OOC: Hagis is not really adept at social media. He might be able to pick out Facebook from LinkedIn, but that's about as far as his proficiency goes. So he wouldn't have a familiarity with Tabitha as an Internet sensation.

Hagis and Sparkle (introduced here) are characters from a pencil and paper improvised COH RPG that me and my group play. One of my group has a young daughter who we have done our best to bring into the game. She started rolling dice before she could read, so we built her a character based on Tinkerbell (her favorite) and let her pick pictures (made of stickers) when it was her turn to "Buff" or "Attack." It's pretty random what you get, which leads to some fun moments at the table. In the video game and here, she can be considered as a plant/storm controller, with all powers manifesting in shades of pink and purple. Not my choice, but also not my character. 🙂  You'll probably get to meet a few others as we go along too.

RP: Hagis lumbered over to his knocked over mace and looked around for a better place to put it. He saw an old coat hook that might have been left over from the pawn shop days, and hung the mace on it. As he did, there came an insistent jinglejangling from the floor. He glanced down and saw a very pink and purple pixie fairy struggling to drag an ID card across the floor.

Looking quickly and using his body to block anyone's view, he stooped over and cupped his hands around the tiny fae and the card, then straightened up. He whispered, "Sparkle, what have I told ye aboot comin' in ta places like this? Did ye duck in when I got here? Tha' owner's got enough worries ta mind wi'out wonderin' if he's gonna get busted fer servin' underage!" An indignant jingle was his answer. "Would ye please keep it down ta a dull roar? I dinna care what that Azuria says aboot yer likely age; she's scattered! Oh, aye, again wi' the eye roll."

He shifted, pretending to admire a patch of wall. "Anyway, what's that that's got ye bothered?" Sparkle jangled and flipped the card over. Hagis saw the words "PCU" and a photo of Tabitha and quickly covered it and looked away before he could see more. Although he didn't have one, he respected secret identities and would do his best to forget what he had seen. (Probably not that hard given his exhaustion...) Sparkle pointed to the ground excitedly, and Hagis saw a money clip. He scooped it up as well.   

Wandering a few steps further away from the bar, he whispered again, "We've got ta get that back ta her wi' out her noticin'. Think ye can sneak these back in her pouch thingee?" He frowned at the flat chime that followed. "I dinnae want ta embarrass the lass ennymore than she already is. All right, I'll try ta keep her attention while ye just slip 'em on tha bar. Can ye do that an' stay out o' sight?" A more hopeful jangle was the reply.  "All right, we can try that. And if ye get seen....nae whippin' aboot in a tizzy and knockin' stuff over, aye? Gaed luck."

Hagis let Sparkle fly up to the rafters before he turned and headed back to the bar.

"So, Ms....Tabitha, was it? Is yer toe...paw....claw.....foot? Aye, yer foot! Is it all right?" He took a deep gulp of his refill while listening to the answer. "I'm sorry fer that, lass, truly I am. New place an' all, an' here I am leavin' heavy spiked stuff willy-nilly layin' aboot." He put his communicator on the bar with the surveillance video feed going.

"I could nae help but overhear what ye said wi' regards ta yer fer fallin' off an' how it would be inopportune. Just want ye ta know, I've got kinda a similar problem. Oh, aye, I do. Ye canna wear a kilt in this town an' fly or jump around wi'out someone writin' up a citation fer public indecency."

He shook his head sadly. "Aye, I learned me lesson early. Just sprintin' and trammin' now. At least I made me mistake before high resolution camera phones." A furtive glance up towards the ceiling.

He continued, rapidly. "All that aside, lass, could I bother ye ta look at this mug shot? I'm verra interested in findin' this guy fer a talk, preferably in a dark alley. He calls himself Rictus. The barman here says he's seen him running a sect o' tha local Skulls."