KingsRown Arms (Light Rp Pub)

EmeraldFox

The newcomer slid onto a bar stool a polite couple of spaces away from Libra, returning the smile. Then, thinking about Paul's question for a moment, she answered, "I'd like an Old Fashioned, please."

(OOC question: What area of Kings Row is the pub in? Nyx lives in Kings Row, and I'm wondering how far it is from her apartment.)

Smileing Paul replied "Coming right up mame" and fetches the drink for the lady.  As he serves her he says "Here you go Miss.  Enjoy.  So how long have you been out of Paragon and what made you return if you dont mind me asking?"

OOC: Were near freedom Plaza

EMERALD STAR PUB DISCORD: 

Hey guys.  Need a place to go online were you can forget eberything going on in the real world?  Place to let loose have fun and a laugh?  Well come on down to the Emerald star pub.  A fun place to be thats both ooc and rp chat.  You want to know more theres an invite below to come check us out and have some fun

Emerald Star Pub

Before replying, she took a sip of the cocktail the friendly barkeeper had handed her, and melted happily a little bit in her chair. "Ahhhh yeah. That hits the spot." Another sip, then she turned her attention to answering. 

"I left about three years ago. At the time, I was a well-known hero. Max-level clearance, traveling to other dimensions, fighting bigshot villains... you know." She waved a hand as if to indicate all the rest of the lifestyle that went with it. "And then... I won't go into details, but my life kind of fell apart. And... I had to leave for a while to put myself back together. Get my head back on straight, as it were." 

Her fingers fidgeted with the condensation on the cocktail glass for a moment, then she added, "...but I couldn't stay away. Being a hero feels right. So after I cleaned everything up, I came back to Paragon, renewed my license... and I'm starting over, I guess." She sipped again at her drink to partially hide the grin. "Joke's on the Skulls in my neighborhood, though. Just because I'm security clearance level one... doesn't mean I'm power level one."

Setting her drink down again, she offered a hand to the barkeep. "I'm Nikeiva, by the way. 'Nyx' when the cape's on."

(OOC: For the curious, her name is pronounced 'nih-KEEV-ah'.)

#Nofing his head Paul replys# "Yeah kbow that feeling all to well.  Hope it works out ok for you

Hey guys.  Need a place to go online were you can forget eberything going on in the real world?  Place to let loose have fun and a laugh?  Well come on down to the Emerald star pub.  A fun place to be thats both ooc and rp chat.  You want to know more theres an invite below to come check us out and have some fun

Emerald Star Pub

Nikeiva mirrored the glass-lift salute. "Nice to meet you, Libra. Maybe we'll cross paths out there eventually."  Turning to the barkeeper, she asked, "What about you? From what you said, it sounds like you do some heroing, too."

#Smileing Paul Extends his hand to Nikieva sayin# When this place closes up and im on the clock offically Madra Rua

Emerald Star Pub

"Yes it does. Never a dull moment here. Can't even go to the laundromat without having to stop some half-wit wannabe super-villain trying to steal everyone's quarters." Nikeiva picked the cherry from her drink and ate it, then asked Libra, "What are you working on right now? I'm dealing with a gang of Skulls dealing drugs on the literal doorstep of my apartment building, but it shouldn't take me long to clean that up."

"I'll toast to that. This is so much better than the dive bar that used to be near my place." Nikeiva raised her glass in salute to Paul and his establishment.  "And anything is better than Dark Astoria..." She followed this statement with a shudder and another deep sip of her drink.

Smileing Paul nods Nikeva for the complament "Thank you we try to stay our best round here bar wise" Listening in he niods his head replying "That skulls case reminds me of what i just told Libra before you walked in.  Worked this drugs case in belfast against some drug pushing palamilitary's.  Just be carefull as that did not end well for me"

Emerald Star Pub

Shakeing his head he says "Partily.  Cop got blown up and I got framed.  Managed to clear myname but not all the cops believed I was truely innocent. They never caught the guy who did it.  I came to paragon for a fresh start and to try and help with the problems I heard were here".  Closeing his eyes Paul chuckles "And the pub here was just a bonus.  I always wanted to own a pub so I thought what they hey gives me something to do when im off the clock"

Emerald Star Pub

"Warning duly noted. I'm sorry that happened, but at least you did get things cleared. I guess the damage was done, though. I hope Paragon treats you better." She swirled the ice in her glass, then smirked. "I hope both our lives improve."

Nodding his head Paul reply's "You can say that again.  With new lives come new experances.  Some of them bad but a lot of them good.  Also comes with new friends to meet and make I say"

Emerald Star Pub

"Speaking of things to deal with," said Nikeiva, watching the other two for a moment, "Since I've been gone a while, I was wondering: Anything new I should be aware of? New villain groups on the scene? Current crises to watch out for?"

"Mots being a pain in the fundament. Lord Nemesis has been randomly attacking sections of the city, Lusca has been being a pain to the shipping in Independence Port.. So pretty much an average day around Paragon." Libra took a long drink.

shakeing his head Paul says "Hench the reason I decided to start up again and help in Paragon.  Theres just so much going on and so much help needed.  Especilly by this Lord Reculese.  We heard about him in belfast.  Through the news and on street.  When I first heard of him I  had started to ask around.  No one of the normal thugs would even acknowledge him.  One guy started to shake so hard at his name there wa s a litterly yellow puddle at his feet runing down his leg.  Hes bad news that one"

Emerald Star Pub

"Recluse is only scary because he runs his own islands and he has bully boys enforcing his will. But they manipulate and scheme against him.. The only reason he is still on top is because his underlings fight among themselves." She shrugged. "Besides.. his grand-niece will help protect him.. She thinks he is redeemable."

Listening to the exchange and sipping the last of her drink, Nikeiva shrugged, swirling the ice at the bottom of the glass idly. "Some people come back from the dark side. Some don't." After a pause, she added, "I have a friend who used to be a Hellion, but he got out, cleaned up his life, and now he's helping other people get out. I should... really go see how he's doing. Haven't seen him since I left. But yeah... Lord Recluse... seems like a long shot for redemption."

Leaning on the bar Paul replys "Unless he gets kidnapped and some crazy good version from a nother dimenshion takes over pretending to be him me neither" Chuckles Paul gets back up saying "Anyone need toped up?  Next rounds on me.  Opening day special and you got me in a good mood with all this craic"

Emerald Star Pub