Any thoughts on what's not worth taking from /Psionic Assault?

JnEricsonx

Remaking my Grav/Psi from back in the day, and for the life of me, I can't remember what I took.  Right now, I have Psionic Dart, Mind Probe(nice Crushing Impact set there), Psychic Scream, Drain Psyche, and Mental Blast.  Now I'm going to take Psionic SHockwave, but I'm trying to remember if I need TK Thrust(I have 2 KU/KB powers in Grav), Subdue, or Psionic Lance.  Given that I'm shooting for perma-dom, the amount of +rech I'm going for will make a much tighter attack chain, so I only need so many attacks.

In addition to what you are planning, I took Subdue.  I passed on TK and Lance.  I also passed on Scream because I tend to be in the middle of combat and with enough recharge, Shockwave is enough.  I do solo a lot, so I may change my mind on Scream with a different primary (Electric) or if I were just looking to add AoE damage to a team.

If I remember correctly, Subdue and Mental blast are basically the same attack with different secondary attacks.  I might think of dropping one, but that leaves you with Dart and one other ranged blast and Dart is not great DPA. 

Can’t you get perma fast snipe with domination? Does that make the snipe worth taking?

The To-Hit Buff in Domination only works for the first few seconds.  The only set that can approach Permanent Fast-Snipe alongside Perma-Dom is /Martial, because that's about the same threshold for Permanent Envenomed Blades.

Even without perma-snipe, I would probably take the Snipe in every powerset at this point - Tactics + Kismet IO + a small yellow gets you fast snipe on demand and it seems a small price to pay to get access to such a high-DPA attack.  I find the Snipe to be a good place to slot the Decimation: Chance for Build Up proc as well.  I haven't played much with /psi myself, but I'd definitely plan to include Lift in your attack chain since it gives you some smashing damage, which is usually good against enemies that heavily resist /psi. 

I haven’t looked into martial at all, but I just recreated my old plant/psi Dom from live. Haven’t started leveling yet but saves the name and have him sitting. Psi used to be a great attack secondary, but due to the high resistance at the end game that everyone has been talking about, I am starting to wonder if I would be better off going something else. Decisions, decision!

I haven’t looked into martial at all, but I just recreated my old plant/psi Dom from live. Haven’t started leveling yet but saves the name and have him sitting. Psi used to be a great attack secondary, but due to the high resistance at the end game that everyone has been talking about, I am starting to wonder if I would be better off going something else. Decisions, decision!

Maybe, but you've got some excellent support in Drain Psyche in the set too. Long term, I think resistances are not as much a worry as you might think. It's going to affect your speed of killing, but not necessarily whether you can survive or not. I think you'll have enough survivability that you'll manage just fine, and won't lack in damage at all one you get epic pools.