Zen and the art of farming

Zolgar

6 hours ago, Allxs said:

I tried your map and got stuck, on+4/x8 I could not even get close to the ninja. After dying a couple of times trying, I’ve had to put the settings to -1/x1 so at least I could “survive” and reach the ninja only to find out he just stands around and dos nothing. Had to grind my way through the maps. Maybe I did something wrong I don’t know. 

I use the ea to up my characters, because I do not want to follow the storie line for weeks per character. I play with one the story line and the other I up using EA.

And to be fully honest I’ve been out of the game to long (2007) to understand the whole fire farm maps thingy, I guess it’s for getting loads of inf and transfer it to other accounts?? Of is fire so good all other powers are just a joke? I really don’t get it. I’ve been reading here a lot, and the transfer thing is the only thing I can imagine I’d useful.

anyway, I do not want a character with fire. So it’s very hard for me to find farm missions to get enough inf for my upgrades. It’s almost all fire maps…. 

im using now the bbq map from @a humble farmer 

Nr 3297

its a very short map, takes about 15 or 20 minutes per round and I feel like I’m getting a lot of exp and inf.

if anybody have tips (better farms) for me I would appreciate it a lot. (Especially looking for Large farmmap for non-fire characters ) 

every day I’m on more and more is coming back to me but much is still a blur for me.

Hey thanks for trying it out. I'm not sure what you did wrong honestly, only 1 group spawns around the ally at the start of the mission and then the other groups spawn after he is freed. He only starts to move after you defeat all the baddies surrounding him. I even checked this morning and it is working correctly.

Seems like you may also have an issue with the build you are using if you are unable to move between groups without dying. I afk farm with an elec/rad tank build that was posted by America's Angel in the Page 5 fire farming microguide.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Helios Mage said:

Hey thanks for trying it out. I'm not sure what you did wrong honestly, only 1 group spawns around the ally at the start of the mission and then the other groups spawn after he is freed. He only starts to move after you defeat all the baddies surrounding him. I even checked this morning and it is working correctly.

Seems like you may also have an issue with the build you are using if you are unable to move between groups without dying. I afk farm with an elec/rad tank build that was posted by America's Angel in the Page 5 fire farming microguide.

Thanks for checking it, You are probably right. I used a blaster not build to withstand S/L damage, I realize that now, after entering… haha. And my lvl was 11 when I tried the map. 
but even after I freed the ninja and all the spawns appeared he just moved a little and stood still, the spawns started attacking me. 

Maybe I will try your map again with a tanker. But i should be able to use it with low lvl characters?

6 hours ago, Allxs said:

Thanks for checking it, You are probably right. I used a blaster not build to withstand S/L damage, I realize that now, after entering… haha. And my lvl was 11 when I tried the map. 
but even after I freed the ninja and all the spawns appeared he just moved a little and stood still, the spawns started attacking me. 

Maybe I will try your map again with a tanker. But i should be able to use it with low lvl characters?

Yes the ally moves towards the mobs so you don't have to, and then he will stop at the next baddies that meets his eyes. Its essentially the whole purpose of an AFK farm lol. He wont move again until you kill the baddies surrounding him.

In order for you to be successful in an AFK farm, you usually need to be fully IO'd, lvl 50+, and have your set bonuses geared towards defense and resistance of the damage type the baddies in the farm are dishing out, along with enough regen and recovery to keep you afloat. Then some type of AoE attack set to auto, preferably one that doesn't require attacking through the ally. AFK farming is usually best done on a tank or brute.

• 2 weeks later
  • 3 weeks later
On 1/3/2023 at 2:59 PM, Helios Mage said:

Those of you looking for S/L AFK Farms, I recently made one that uses the Atta Map. 53436 is the farm.

All you have to do is find the Ally (AFK Ninja who will be in Atta's room every time), put him on follow, set whichever attack you use to auto, and come back every 45 minutes. Make sure to allow AVs so the ally does not die. Every now and then you get stuck, but I minimized that happening by maxing the size of the ally and minimizing (but making as wide as possible) the size of my own character. I think it beats having to come back every 5/10 minutes with the small asteroid maps and you get to make passive influence while still playing the game on another account.

Was about to scrap my Elect/Rad tank build from AA's post but your map works great. TY!