Zen and the art of farming

Zolgar

• 2 months later

I started farming recently myself, Rad/Fire Brute and I was amazed at how easy it was to get started.  Now, I just hit 50 today, so I am still new, but what I learned was that I could farm +3 * 8 with just SOs.  I was amazed to be honest, but it makes sense.  Once you get going, the inspirations drop like candy, so I just kept eating Luck and Good Luck and kept converting them.  So my Fire Defense is about 5 or 6  to start but I get it over 50 almost all the time.  That is what I focused on, managing inspirations.  Use the double xp from P2W vendor and I went for 33-50 solo in 4-5 hours.

I used other toons for standard play of course.

• 3 weeks later
  • 4 weeks later

I run fire / spines brute and have found the following to be great farms, I run them on +4x8

If it's quick exp you are after, do a search on AE for 'witches', one that will come up is 8954 "Defeat the Fire Witches (Tickets and Inf Fire Farm).

Its an actual farm site and the surrounding area, you can front load the inf gained by chasing down the boss mob, Witch Final Boss, and his retinue. He is an Elite Boss and can be found by looking for the group with the flaming torches. Good exp and plenty of spawns to keep the inf rolling in.

The one to look at when you have maxed out your farmer is the City Scorchers mission in AE (12656). Basically it's a city block fight, with most of the large mobs being Bosses and Lieutenants with a few Minions, each mob comes with one or two Elite Bosses. The idea is you rescue the Fire Betrayers who are the glowing white dudes kneeling on the ground. After you defeat each group they are rescued and follow you around, until you have an entire entourage of rescued guys trailing you. 

You can either find the glowy and finish the mission, or for added fun, find the glowing scanner thingy and click that, it instantly changes all the rescued Fire Betrayers to elite bosses and they attack you (hence the name), given you can have up to 20 or more of these guys following you round, life gets very interesting very quickly, but mad exp and they do drop a lot of orange and a surprisingly decent number of purple recipes.

Good hunting

• Like 2

• 3 months later

I did a quick test with my farmer using Briggs fire farm. You get exactly the same experience and Inf in either level 50 +4/x8 or exemplared to 49 at +4/x8. Turning of "Earn XP" gets you just the Inf. Turning off earn XP while exemplared HAS NO EFFECT! You still earn experience and Inf when running as a level 49 fighting level 53s.

9 minutes ago, Mageman said:

I did a quick test with my farmer using Briggs fire farm. You get exactly the same experience and Inf in either level 50 +4/x8 or exemplared to 49 at +4/x8. Turning of "Earn XP" gets you just the Inf. Turning off earn XP while exemplared HAS NO EFFECT! You still earn experience and Inf when running as a level 49 fighting level 53s.

I'm not sure I understand.  Have you read the most recent patch notes?  If so, are you reporting that nothing has changed, or that you're discovering the change isn't working as expected?

AFAIK, the recent patch merely changed the ability to double the Inf when running AE farms exemplared and/or with patrol XP.  That effectively reduced the net Inf earned by about 50%, but didn't eliminate it altogether.  It did not change the ability to generate Inf: that was unchanged, and you still generate Inf by farming, either with or without exemplar/patrol XP.

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

18 hours ago, Rathulfr said:

I'm not sure I understand.  Have you read the most recent patch notes?  If so, are you reporting that nothing has changed, or that you're discovering the change isn't working as expected?

I know about the recent change to the Inf system (Inf earned doesn't change when turn off Earn XP).

What I am reporting is that the amount of XP and Inf you earn is identical when running at level 50 and level 49. I don't know if this is working as intended or not (I haven't checked this in the past) - just that's what you receive. Now it doesn't matter which mission you run - you will earn the same Inf.

4 hours ago, Mageman said:

I know about the recent change to the Inf system (Inf earned doesn't change when turn off Earn XP).

What I am reporting is that the amount of XP and Inf you earn is identical when running at level 50 and level 49. I don't know if this is working as intended or not (I haven't checked this in the past) - just that's what you receive. Now it doesn't matter which mission you run - you will earn the same Inf.

Ok, thanks for the clarification.  Yes, I ran my spines/fire brute through @brigg's comic con last night, and noticed that, too.

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

So, when running a level 50 at +4/x8 as either a level 50 fighting 54s or as a 49 fighting 53, you get the same Inf for each one you defeat. Thus, I recommend you don't fight exemplared down to 49 for the simple reason that you don't get any enhancement drops (which you can sell for a little more Inf). It's minor, but every little bit helps.

• 2 weeks later

They have since removed the ability to turn off XP while exemplared. When they removed the increased Inf when you turn off XP, it broke turn off XP while exemplared - even with it set to No XP you still earned XP and Inf (Inf gain didn't change).

• 3 weeks later

I plan to farm behemoths. 

As it is the best stress reliever I have ever experienced in life. 

But, I forgot the name of the mission, however the map is ingrained in my soul forever.

There was also a Mask mission we used to farm, but I don't remember that mission title either. 

(if anyone remembers the contacts or mission titles, that would be great)

• Like 1

Found this guide for the first time last night and made a Spines/Fire just to see how this works. 

No sooner had I finished shopping at P2W for my exp doubler I see in LFG chat an invite to an AE farm!

I got to follow a Rad/Fire farmer while he annihilated hundreds, maybe thousands of mobs. In less than an hour I went from lvl 1 to lvl 34.

Now one day later I got myself from 34-45 with about 3-4 hours of playtime and am now doing +3x8 at 45 with just SO’s.

It is fun!  Thanks!

So, quick follow-up to that:

I was so proud of myself for doing +3x8 but it turns out the key was I was doing it solo. Tried to add a friend and I got hammered! Had to drop it down a notch and still almost face planted numerous times. Still a lot of improvement needed lol!

• 1 month later

I have never farmed before, so I apologize if my questions are a little silly... LITERALLY ...How do you start?
I arrive shivering and newborn, Level 1 Spines/Fiery Brute at the base of the Atlas steps.
Should I immediately hit the P2W Vendor for my enhancements, vet powers, etc...
THEN to AE and attempt to run arc 125 as a first level character?  DFB?  Street Sweep?
Can somebody talk me through the first 10 minutes of getting a farmer started?
Thanks, and sorry to be so dense...🤪

Edited by Vulpoid

24 minutes ago, Vulpoid said:

How do you start?

I was in the same boat last year when I started my first farmer (also a spines/fire brute). I didn't hit AE until I had a couple of AoE powers (level 12-ish I think) but you might be OK in there as long as you don't crank the difficulty up too much. I just ran contact missions at x2 or x4 until I got those AoEs, and that gave me the confidence to head into AE. It was a bit rough in there until I got the difficulty tuned and got a little inspiration management experience (macros help a lot there), but after that I was rolling.

11 hours ago, Vulpoid said:

I have never farmed before, so I apologize if my questions are a little silly... LITERALLY ...How do you start?
I arrive shivering and newborn, Level 1 Spines/Fiery Brute at the base of the Atlas steps.
Should I immediately hit the P2W Vendor for my enhancements, vet powers, etc...
THEN to AE and attempt to run arc 125 as a first level character?  DFB?  Street Sweep?
Can somebody talk me through the first 10 minutes of getting a farmer started?
Thanks, and sorry to be so dense...🤪

Well, one way to start would be ... check out the guide in my signature...  (you are *exactly* the sort of player I wrote it for...)  😉

Cheers,

Edited by FourSpeed

9 minutes ago, FourSpeed said:

Well, one way to start would be ... check out the guide in my signature...  😉

That is extremely helpful and well written...
Thank you, sir or madame!

Edited by Vulpoid
Praise

• 3 months later

Want to put for some clarity in the opening post which has some useful info

This is mostly for fire farms, but if you are not fire farming what not to use in a fire farm should give you some ideas for lethal/smash or cold to help benefit your build by slotting more beneficial IO slotting; such as the -resist procs or Shield Wall +Resist (been making random non-fire armor brute secondaries for fire farms, which has low fire resist but managed to cap it with that shield wall)

Some generally useful specific IOs:

Steadfast Protection: Resist/Defense (Useful any build)

Gladiator’s Armor: +defense (Useful any build)

Shield Wall: +resist (Do not use on Fire Armor. 2 toggles, a passive and you are capped with just SO slotting.  Any 2 of the 3 and the Purple/Winter bonuses caps out resist)

Reactive Armor: +maxHP (Not really useful; 45% Def/Cap resist does most of the work in staying alive.  The bonus +HP is a very small buffer, suggest non-tank/brute AT)

Reactive Defenses: Scaling Damage Resist (Do not use on Fire Armor.  You cap easily with passive or toggle + IO bonuses.  +3% armor bonus on full health, good to fix non-fire builds)

Fury of the Gladiator: chance for -resist (great in your DoT aura)  (Unique, Useful any build with PBAoE)

Achilles Heel : Chance for -resist (-def powers only and not Unique, great for Rad melee or any attack that has -def; recommend for PBAoE or wide cones and not a single target attack)

Annihilation: chance for -resist (any Targeted AoE attack and not Unique)

Performance Shifts: Chance for +Endurance (Slot in Stamina or other +Recovery Powers)

Numina’s Convalescence: +regen/recovery (Unique, minimal benefit)

Miracle: +recovery (Unique, minimal benefit)

Regenerative Tissue: +regen (Unique, almost no useful benefit.  Suggest not to slot, wasn't mentioned but its a useful slot to not spend on unless its like a passive +regen with little options)

Panacea: Chance for Hit Points and Endurance (Unique, best in Health if you don't have a +Regen power)

Kismet: +accuracy (generally more useful before your build is ‘done’)  (Optional, marginal benefit with a lot of +ACC on 4th slot IO bonuses)

Luck of the Gambler: Defense/Global Recharge (Slot as many of these as you can up to 5) (Any +Def power, if you have an empty power pick Leadership Pool/Vengeance at 49 is a great place)

Force Feedback: +recharge (useful to shave off a few seconds.  You will see recharge time go down and back up, but the benefit is over an extended period of time)

Generally Minimal IO Enhancements that benefit the most

• Steadfast Protection and Gladiator's Armor: +6% Def together, great in a passive and 2 slots
  • Fury of the Gladiator: -resist, Unique and PBAoE only.  Slot carefully, Toggle might seem like the best option but in a slow recharge PBAoE attack and lots of haste it is just as good
  • Achilles Heel: -resist in -defense powers, can slot multiple. Radiation Melee: Irradiate can take Gladiators and Achilles, then 1 Achilles in each Proton Sweep and Atom Smasher
  • Annihilation: -resist, Target AoE and can slot mulitiple  Check the cone powers, Claws; Eviscerate is a PBAoE melee cone 7 range; Shockwave is Targeted AoE cone with 30 range.
  • Panacea: +65 hps and some stamina.  Really only need this IO in health, Miracle and Numina are superfluous after IO build is finished and Incarnates.
  • Luck of the Gambler: Defense/Global Recharge, usual builds might squeeze in 4: Maneuvers, Weave, Combat Jumping, and possibly Vengence. 
    • those that go Concealment pool can fit a 5th but that extra power pick for 7.5% starts to give less bang for you INF buck.

I pretty much just use the Panacea, Luck of the Gambler 7.5% recharge  Steadfast Protection, and Gladiators; the -resist is what the powers sets allow.

IO builds are up to the individual person, but you can save a lot of slotting that you might think is useful in 1 power and can pick up another power, then 4 slot it (see gold points)

• Avoid slotting Stamina beyond 2, this isn't I4 and ED era.
  • Avoid 3 slotting Stamina, All Heal Uniques, picking up Superior Conditioning and Physical Perfection
    • That is a lot of gas in the tank, way more endurance recovery then you will ever need
  • Assuming you went Pyre Master (Brute for example), those free slots
  • With minimal slots in Stamina/Unique, you might have 3 left over
  • Char + Base slot + 3 slots of Basiliks Gaze = 7.5% recharge at 4th bonus
    • Or Char/Ring of Fire + 4 slots = 10% Recharge using Apocalypse ranged Purple
  • 2nd pick: Melt which is popular, usually a couple slots to get recharge down and Achilles -Resist
  • finally Fire Ball, what ever slots are left

Power/Patron Pool picks, its up to the player but for consideration

• Mu, 2 picks you get 
    • Electrifying Fences
    • Ball Lighting
      • 2 AoE with dot damage, but with enough recharge and an AoE in primary attack having 2 AoE DoT attacks is over kill; slowly
  • Pyre Mastery, 3 picks is heaviest investment
    • -Immobilize/Hold option, probably not going to slot
    • Fire Blast or Melt
    • Fire Ball, more front loaded damage then Mu
  • Soul Mastery, 2 picks
    • Soul Tentacles, cone immobilize which takes Targeted AoE.  Superior frozen Blast 6 slot, 7.5% Fire Defense total (Fire Farm only)
    • Gloom, single target dot which you can 5 slot Apocalypses 10% or Decimation 6.5% recharge or 4 slot Dark Watchers Despair -tohit for 5% recharge
    • Dark Obliteration, Target AoE. 
      • Basically Fire Ball with Negative Damage, but lowest damage and more about style if you want to be unique.
      • Does not benefit as much from Firey Embrace (Fire Farming) which gives +Fire Damage to fire attacks, all other attacks get a Fire Proc
      • And you only need either Soul Tentacle or Gloom to unlock

Lastly, avoid slotting Superior frozen Blast 6 slotted for 7.5% Fire Defense in Target AoE

• it looks like a great idea for that fire defense
  • until you consider just using 5 slot Ragnarok and 6th slot is Annihilation -resist;
  • you can get recharge down pretty low and apply more DPS with that -resist
  • instead of just freezing things in place

Note: Was looking for a fire farm, "Zen and the Art of Farming" popped up as well as another random post (about the same time) in Brutes about Fire Farm; I looked at several builds and cringed seeing about 10 wasted slots like the endurance recovery: Stamina 3 slotted; Health 3 slotted unique, Physical Perfection and Superior Conditioning with +Performance Shifter; so much endurance to keep going when you want to end the fight as quick as possible and move onto the next farm.  Shield Wall +Resist when fire armor is already capped, 4 slotted Weave with 3 Shield Wall and 1 LoTG; easy 1 extra slot that can be saved with just LoTG set.

I know its up to the player when building, but passing on some ideas and knowledge.

• Like 1

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

On 7/28/2019 at 8:19 PM, Papaschtroumpf said:

Regarding squelching some of the inspirations like awaken and breakfree, I have disabled small inspirations on my farmer, because I was worried about getting too many "incompatible sizes"
 but am I cutting myself out of potential continuous trickle of small insps? Of course I could just try it both ways

Once you're level 40 and have 20 inspiration slots, I'd say it's better to keep the small ones turned on. With the inspiration combining macros, you can quickly turn trios of small ones into reds and chew them up to maintain higher damage output. If you've disabled awaken and breakfree inspirations (and haven't turned on Team and Dual insps), then there are only 15 non-red inspiration types, of which 5 are the rare Large ones. With an inventory size of 20, it's very rare to end up with a completely full inventory and NOT have a 3-of-a-kind you can merge into more red.

Edited by EdgeOfDreams

• 2 months later

I've done a test with my Rad/Fire Brute. I sell all the enhancements non-Red inspirations and fill up on them. I avoid the Ally in the zone and clear it before exiting. By doing this, I earn over 40 Mil Inf/Hour and earn 3-4 Veteran Levels. I know that with the Ally, your XP and Inf go down, but you can clear faster.

Here's my build:

Spoiler

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.1.25
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Brute
Primary Power Set: Radiation Melee
Secondary Power Set: Fiery Aura
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Radioactive Smash -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(15), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(31)
Level 1: Fire Shield -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(5), Ags-ResDam(5)
Level 2: Blazing Aura -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(7), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(7), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(31)
Level 4: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 6: Fusion -- GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(A), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(11), GssSynFr--Build%(11)
Level 8: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 10: Healing Flames -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(13), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(13), Prv-Heal/Rchg(25), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(25), Prv-Absorb%(36)
Level 12: Temperature Protection -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A)
Level 14: Boxing -- Hct-Dmg/Rchg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Hct-Acc/Rchg(45), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(45), Hct-Dam%(46)
Level 16: Plasma Shield -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(17), Ags-ResDam(17)
Level 18: Irradiated Ground -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(19), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(19), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27), Obl-%Dam(31)
Level 20: Consume -- MckBrt-Taunt(A), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg(21), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg/Rng(21), MckBrt-Acc/Rchg(29), MckBrt-Taunt/Rng(29), MckBrt-Rchg(34)
Level 22: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 26: Taunt -- MckBrt-Taunt(A), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg(46), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg/Rng(46), MckBrt-Acc/Rchg(50), MckBrt-Taunt/Rng(50), MckBrt-Rchg(50)
Level 28: Burn -- FuroftheG-ResDeb%(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(36), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Arm-Acc/Rchg(37), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(37), Arm-Dam%(43)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(36)
Level 32: Atom Smasher -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg(33), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprBrtFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprBrtFur-Rech/Fury(34)
Level 35: Fiery Embrace -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(39)
Level 38: Electrifying Fences -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(40), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(40)
Level 41: Ball Lightning -- Ann-ResDeb%(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(42), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(42), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Rgn-Knock%(43)
Level 44: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 47: Summon Striker -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(48), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(48), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48)
Level 49: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- OvrFrc-Dam/KB(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Fury
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-EndRdx(A)
Level 2: Rest -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(9)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(9)
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon
Level 50: Void Core Final Judgement
Level 50: Degenerative Core Flawless Interface
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany
Level 50: Assault Core Embodiment
Level 50: Banished Pantheon Radial Superior Ally
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
		|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
		|MxDz;1519;699;1398;HEX;|
		|78DA6594C94F535114C6EF6B5F2DA38CA52020B44C85DADA0A6A9C4254AC89D284E|
		|81F502B3CE16985A62D892EDD1BC3A061E380035137AE645237FE1F6E5C392082AE|
		|D57AFABE8FB6093779F9DD7BEEF9CE39F7F4DE466F0D55BC397F675069E56713F17|
		|43A7626359D311CD1F8B8396A57329CF2355BC658D4481846F0527CCC8C67CCA949|
		|AC1BB137645C3326D34630621AA9DBB1D3D3A9B82A1B999A4A042F270D63ACC29A0|
		|E1BF1A439395E692D22E6F8444656553B5B63462A3D61265DE792E6689009A763D1|
		|783A23111BA50ABF7C77BB1547D6A16674A5C2BAB2CD9273E0DE79F23EB8FF01B89|
		|C936996D6A6429A65D3FBC9017065C745E26B0FA1DBF3887C0C363C211719FF29D8|
		|21ADB243ABEC9F6C96ED9ED4EB80CDE65882ADEC25F91A6C70A2CB399DD3853A566|
		|5558A5A1DA55FED96ADE21BF91D6CDC207F801D9BE09AA8CAA155E56E99B4EA4A93|
		|0495C8A157F620EF011FD94BF681013FB82EDE55EC5715FB55CD7E55B35FB372BE1|
		|AF6ABE6A3E8EA7455FB07FADABFE0BE7F6416DCAF50E73B51D559DDCE3AEA26B057|
		|6F92D7C1961B6402F4DC04ED721E17CFE83A8478BAD8DCB4B9D9C719A9AF89F5353|
		|147803902CC11668E30738499E37DEEE653DB3CC81E1FC35EE771F2047912EC3B05|
		|7AA5965668B5D6DCC5CD69C979A9A98D71DBD8B3F645C46F7F463E073D2FC825F08|
		|3A8BC8CEB65BC6EF28AB874316ED75BDCC9EE657205EC5925D7C875302E5A1FB5BE|
		|2FC8D5DB8FB3F40E908779C623E451B0C689B799EBBB9F7DBF2A2182B0D9835BF03|
		|BB84DFE227FF39E883E447DC883B3B4E8F977AED467D4D3576CCBCA50213DFFA2E5|
		|B9F0D7DBE5D5BFCB32B0CB122944CA0E17EF3A117544CFFF2F288DFD2EADCEBFF7E|
		|C6699ECB3122D80FDAD824DD33C3843C90531F4E8EA67B1BF0FFEDBC5FE73C85BB2|
		|005EAC13B03E7F7D611E7117E60B453EAFBC85F9466761FE1F1BFCE1EB|

I run the following toggles: Fire Shield, Plasma Shield, Weave, Combat Jumping, Assault, Maneuvers, and Sprint.

Changes from your best Rad/Fire Brute:

• Swapped the IOs in Electric Fences and Ball Lightning. Sometimes I use Ball Lightning to taunt a group that is walking by and I don't want them immobilized (it's faster for them to stand up after a knockdown rather than waiting for the immobilize to wear off).
  • Dropped Vengeance to get Super Speed (slotted with attuned Blessing of the Zephyr - KB resist).
  • Slotted Sprint with an Attuned Celerity (Endurance Reduction) IO - yours is empty. With Ageless (incarnate) I probably could use a run speed - but I feel safer with the endurance reduction.
  • Slotted Prestige Power Slide with Celerity (Stealth) IO - yours is empty. This and Super Speed give me near invisibility when running around not in the AE.
  • Slotted Swift with a Running IO and Hurdle with a Jumping IO (again, yours are empty).
  • Slotted Rest with a Recharge IO - I sometimes used this when leveling the character - not in the AE.
  • Slotted Brawl with Chance for Knockdown, Knockback to Knockdown. I don't think it increases the chance that other attacks will do a knockdown or will convert their knockbacks to knockdowns, but it's better than nothing.
  • Filled in all the Incarnate powers - your Judgement, Lore, and Hybrid were empty.

I think this better fits my play-style. I think having Vengeance with the Increased Global Recharge would be slightly better, but I'd miss Super Speed.

Edited by Mageman
  • Thanks 1

On 12/27/2020 at 9:49 AM, Mageman said:

I've done a test with my Rad/Fire Brute. I sell all the enhancements non-Red inspirations and fill up on them. I avoid the Ally in the zone and clear it before exiting. By doing this, I earn over 40 Mil Inf/Hour and earn 3-4 Veteran Levels. I know that with the Ally, your XP and Inf go down, but you can clear faster.

Here's my build:

Hide contents

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.1.25
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Brute
Primary Power Set: Radiation Melee
Secondary Power Set: Fiery Aura
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Radioactive Smash -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(15), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(31)
Level 1: Fire Shield -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(5), Ags-ResDam(5)
Level 2: Blazing Aura -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(7), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(7), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(31)
Level 4: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 6: Fusion -- GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(A), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(11), GssSynFr--Build%(11)
Level 8: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 10: Healing Flames -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(13), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(13), Prv-Heal/Rchg(25), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(25), Prv-Absorb%(36)
Level 12: Temperature Protection -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A)
Level 14: Boxing -- Hct-Dmg/Rchg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Hct-Acc/Rchg(45), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(45), Hct-Dam%(46)
Level 16: Plasma Shield -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(17), Ags-ResDam(17)
Level 18: Irradiated Ground -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(19), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(19), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27), Obl-%Dam(31)
Level 20: Consume -- MckBrt-Taunt(A), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg(21), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg/Rng(21), MckBrt-Acc/Rchg(29), MckBrt-Taunt/Rng(29), MckBrt-Rchg(34)
Level 22: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 26: Taunt -- MckBrt-Taunt(A), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg(46), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg/Rng(46), MckBrt-Acc/Rchg(50), MckBrt-Taunt/Rng(50), MckBrt-Rchg(50)
Level 28: Burn -- FuroftheG-ResDeb%(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(36), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Arm-Acc/Rchg(37), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(37), Arm-Dam%(43)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(36)
Level 32: Atom Smasher -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg(33), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprBrtFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprBrtFur-Rech/Fury(34)
Level 35: Fiery Embrace -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(39)
Level 38: Electrifying Fences -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(40), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(40)
Level 41: Ball Lightning -- Ann-ResDeb%(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(42), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(42), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Rgn-Knock%(43)
Level 44: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 47: Summon Striker -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(48), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(48), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48)
Level 49: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- OvrFrc-Dam/KB(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Fury
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-EndRdx(A)
Level 2: Rest -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(9)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(9)
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon
Level 50: Void Core Final Judgement
Level 50: Degenerative Core Flawless Interface
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany
Level 50: Assault Core Embodiment
Level 50: Banished Pantheon Radial Superior Ally
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
		|MxDz;1519;699;1398;HEX;|
		|78DA6594C94F535114C6EF6B5F2DA38CA52020B44C85DADA0A6A9C4254AC89D284E|
		|81F502B3CE16985A62D892EDD1BC3A061E380035137AE645237FE1F6E5C392082AE|
		|D57AFABE8FB6093779F9DD7BEEF9CE39F7F4DE466F0D55BC397F675069E56713F17|
		|43A7626359D311CD1F8B8396A57329CF2355BC658D4481846F0527CCC8C67CCA949|
		|AC1BB137645C3326D34630621AA9DBB1D3D3A9B82A1B999A4A042F270D63ACC29A0|
		|E1BF1A439395E692D22E6F8444656553B5B63462A3D61265DE792E6689009A763D1|
		|783A23111BA50ABF7C77BB1547D6A16674A5C2BAB2CD9273E0DE79F23EB8FF01B89|
		|C936996D6A6429A65D3FBC9017065C745E26B0FA1DBF3887C0C363C211719FF29D8|
		|21ADB243ABEC9F6C96ED9ED4EB80CDE65882ADEC25F91A6C70A2CB399DD3853A566|
		|5558A5A1DA55FED96ADE21BF91D6CDC207F801D9BE09AA8CAA155E56E99B4EA4A93|
		|0495C8A157F620EF011FD94BF681013FB82EDE55EC5715FB55CD7E55B35FB372BE1|
		|AF6ABE6A3E8EA7455FB07FADABFE0BE7F6416DCAF50E73B51D559DDCE3AEA26B057|
		|6F92D7C1961B6402F4DC04ED721E17CFE83A8478BAD8DCB4B9D9C719A9AF89F5353|
		|147803902CC11668E30738499E37DEEE653DB3CC81E1FC35EE771F2047912EC3B05|
		|7AA5965668B5D6DCC5CD69C979A9A98D71DBD8B3F645C46F7F463E073D2FC825F08|
		|3A8BC8CEB65BC6EF28AB874316ED75BDCC9EE657205EC5925D7C875302E5A1FB5BE|
		|2FC8D5DB8FB3F40E908779C623E451B0C689B799EBBB9F7DBF2A2182B0D9835BF03|
		|BB84DFE227FF39E883E447DC883B3B4E8F977AED467D4D3576CCBCA50213DFFA2E5|
		|B9F0D7DBE5D5BFCB32B0CB122944CA0E17EF3A117544CFFF2F288DFD2EADCEBFF7E|
		|C6699ECB3122D80FDAD824DD33C3843C90531F4E8EA67B1BF0FFEDBC5FE73C85BB2|
		|005EAC13B03E7F7D611E7117E60B453EAFBC85F9466761FE1F1BFCE1EB|

I run the following toggles: Fire Shield, Plasma Shield, Weave, Combat Jumping, Assault, Maneuvers, and Sprint.

Changes from your best Rad/Fire Brute:

• Swapped the IOs in Electric Fences and Ball Lightning. Sometimes I use Ball Lightning to taunt a group that is walking by and I don't want them immobilized (it's faster for them to stand up after a knockdown rather than waiting for the immobilize to wear off).
  • Dropped Vengeance to get Super Speed (slotted with attuned Blessing of the Zephyr - KB resist).
  • Slotted Sprint with an Attuned Celerity (Endurance Reduction) IO - yours is empty. With Ageless (incarnate) I probably could use a run speed - but I feel safer with the endurance reduction.
  • Slotted Prestige Power Slide with Celerity (Stealth) IO - yours is empty. This and Super Speed give me near invisibility when running around not in the AE.
  • Slotted Swift with a Running IO and Hurdle with a Jumping IO (again, yours are empty).
  • Slotted Rest with a Recharge IO - I sometimes used this when leveling the character - not in the AE.
  • Slotted Brawl with Chance for Knockdown, Knockback to Knockdown. I don't think it increases the chance that other attacks will do a knockdown or will convert their knockbacks to knockdowns, but it's better than nothing.
  • Filled in all the Incarnate powers - your Judgement, Lore, and Hybrid were empty.

I think this better fits my play-style. I think having Vengeance with the Increased Global Recharge would be slightly better, but I'd miss Super Speed.

With the ally your inf/time goes up significantly. It doesn't lower your rewards. Same theory as the long past debunked myth that confusion lowered your xp/time.

If you have Taunt in your build you shouldnt need Ball Lightning to pull.

You can take Ninja Run to get around instead of having SS on an AE farmer. SG Base buffs provide Knockback protection for when/if you decide to run content on the character that would require it.

Most people don't fill out Sprint variants in mids even if they have plans to slot IOs in them.

If you actually use Rest, it is better with a Heal IO, I personally remove the power at level two.

In this case for brawl nothing can be better than something. Also, that IO does not affect other powers.

For farming use ion judgment., will pretty much always hit more targets,

Hybrid Radial is much better than Core.

• Thanks 1

Currently on fire.