Is there an optimal way to slot Hot Feet?

HoundsTooth

How should I slot Hot Feet if I'm using it for damage on my Fire/Dark controller? Right now it's 5 slotted with Obliteration with a generic endurance reduction IO in the 6th slot. I don't have any procs in it.

Is there a better way to slot Hot Feet? My build focuses on recharge, so any recharge bonuses are a plus. I can get the recharge elsewhere if there's a convincing argument for different slotting.

What do you want Hotfeet to do for you?

Is it a primary damage source?

Is it protection with the slow and 'fear' keeping ground units away?

Do you use it just to mule IOs without turning it on?

Or a mix?

Once you have ideas on that the next step should be easier.

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

I use it for damage. Does that mean slotting a PBAOE damage set is best?

Hot Feet doesn't need Recharge, while most PBAoE sets bring recharge. I think it's best to Frankenslot it, say 2x Acc/Dam/End, 1 Acc/Dam, 1 Dam/End as a start. Then the last 1-2 slots for whatever you need, possibly including Fury of the Gladiator's -Res IO. The PPM calculator says that the last one should net about 3.4% -Res on the average, and getting a 3% damage increase for one slot is worth it. Although the thread linked above suggests that PPMs in toggles aren't working as listed.

Hot Feet doesn't need Recharge, while most PBAoE sets bring recharge. I think it's best to Frankenslot it, say 2x Acc/Dam/End, 1 Acc/Dam, 1 Dam/End as a start. Then the last 1-2 slots for whatever you need, possibly including Fury of the Gladiator's -Res IO. The PPM calculator says that the last one should net about 3.4% -Res on the average, and getting a 3% damage increase for one slot is worth it. Although the thread linked above suggests that PPMs in toggles aren't working as listed.

Generally speaking, procs have never really done much of anything in toggle powers because they often either lack a continual "activation" trigger beyond initial start, or their equation for actually procing while in an active power ends up giving you its true ratio, which is often very low.

Given that, the advice to mule or focus on frankenslotting is pretty much the right direction. If OP is in need of the Obliteration set bonuses, then the way they have it right now is fine (End IO and all, just don't bother slotting the proc from the set).

For me personally, out of well over 2,000 hours on a Fire Controller, Hot Feet is a cruel mistress. I only take it as a situationally convenient power (tons of buffs, or tight spaces that I'm forced to be in Melee anyway) with just two End Redux in it. The slows/panic-run help keep enemies occupied, and the damage becomes a plus, but I don't consider it an integral part of my build with most Secondaries.

Thinking of ones that get more benefit, Time and Kin are probably the immediate two I can think of that have a reason to run the power. Stacked slows on one, and +Dam on the other.

Thinking of ones that get more benefit, Time and Kin are probably the immediate two I can think of that have a reason to run the power. Stacked slows on one, and +Dam on the other.

I run a Fire/Dark, and I appreciate the damage from Hot Feet. I am always in melee for Soul Absorption and to make sure Dark Servant's PBAoE debuff is hitting things. I might as well pump some damage out while I'm there.  I am soft capped to all damage with good S/L/Psi resists and passable E/N resits. Hot Feet is one of my primary sources of damage.

I would put in a little recharge myself if it doesnt detract from something else.

As an offensive power getting mez'd will toggle it off. The 10 second (I forget the exact number) it takes to come back online before you can toggle it to active can seem like forever if your pre-32 or your pets are down.

For my Fire/Storm is it can do serious damage as I am in pbaoe range already for Cinders and thunder clap.

Putting a little slow in can both help protect you and keep them in the burn longer.

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **