Radioactive Cloud

DocRadio

Anyone have any experience with this power from the Atomic Manipulation set? Is it worth taking? I used choking cloud from radiation emission on my old rad/rad defender and found it forgettable. But the defender had access to EMP which was a damn good hold. Since mass holds on blasters are a rare thing, and I can use beta decay to debuff enemy defense, I'm wondering if this power is worthwhile. Thoughts?

One of the things that always drove me NUTS on my old Rad^2 Corr was the toggles, how many you had and how you had to reapply so many of them all the time.  As much as I always liked Choking Cloud, it was a pain to use.  I think the transition to a Click power for the */Atomic version is a plus.

I'm still a few levels away on my own Rad/Atomic (he's 30 as I type this) but I'm looking forward to trying out this power.

One of the things that always drove me NUTS on my old Rad^2 Corr was the toggles, how many you had and how you had to reapply so many of them all the time.  As much as I always liked Choking Cloud, it was a pain to use.  I think the transition to a Click power for the */Atomic version is a plus.

I'm still a few levels away on my own Rad/Atomic (he's 30 as I type this) but I'm looking forward to trying out this power.

Not sure if this is a custom change or a late change from live, but when your toggle target dies, the toggle "falls" on the ground and keep working for a while

It's basically the best AoE Hold in the game.

No, seriously, it's better than anything even Controllers get, and is probably outright overpowered.

It's a Mag 3 Hold for 19 seconds with a 90 second Recharge.  My Fire/Atomic who's twinked that out with IOs and Hasten and such turned that into a 36 second duration and a 23 second Recharge without Beta Decay.

For comparison, my Ice Dominator has Glacier, which defaults to a Mag 3 Hold that lasts 12 seconds (up to Mag 6 and up to 18 seconds with Domination, granted) and has a 240 second cooldown, and with slotting/etc ends up at 23/34 second duration and a 60-ish second recharge.

So yeah, it's "worthwhile"...it's more or less brokenly good...not that I'm complaining too much, but if the HC ever does balance passes, I suspect it's gonna get nuked from orbit, though.

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 9:11 AM, Generator said:

That is a homecoming change, and yes, that's a big help.

Yeah.... when I came back I didn't notice the change. I thought they'd added a lonnnnng recharge to radiation infection. Didn't notice that it was still active on a dead mob in the room I'd already left.

On 7/22/2019 at 12:15 PM, Lazarillo said:

It's basically the best AoE Hold in the game.

No, seriously, it's better than anything even Controllers get, and is probably outright overpowered.

It's a Mag 3 Hold for 19 seconds with a 90 second Recharge.  My Fire/Atomic who's twinked that out with IOs and Hasten and such turned that into a 36 second duration and a 23 second Recharge without Beta Decay.

Any word on the radius?  Can't find a number for that anywhere, not even in game (presumably because the power summons a pseudo-pet to cast the hold, instead of casting it directly).

9 hours ago, Obitus said:

Any word on the radius?  Can't find a number for that anywhere, not even in game (presumably because the power summons a pseudo-pet to cast the hold, instead of casting it directly).

I'm not sure.  Seems slightly smaller than the radius on Inferno, so my best guess would be 20 feet.