travel powers??

TinkerTina

so after using the hero calculator. i saw that there are some travel powers that are not in your regular selection. i read that back in the day you had to use real money to buy them. my question is are they still in the game and how can i get them?

Those are likely the rocket board, magic carpet, etc. They aren't typical travel powers, as they are not part of any power pool you choose at levelup and more akin to 'temporary powers', even if they are permanent. You can't put enhancements in them, they detoggle all your active toggle powers while you use them, and they cannot be used in combat. They are all for purchase off the P2W (T4V if in Praetoria) vendors. That's where all the old 'purchase for real money' powers and such are located now (and that's why they're jokingly labeled P2W).

Oh, those! Those aren't necessarily travel powers (I'm definitely not certain), I just know that those were extra power pools that were not fully completed before the game shut down. Missing animations mainly, I believe. We may see them, eventually, if there are any volunteers who choose, and are able, to finish them. They taunt me in the Hero Designer as well.

I just started playing about a month ago, so I wouldn't know which ones were available in Live.

Here are the travel powers (that I know of, or have tried) from the P2W vendor, which is now free or costs minimal in-game currency (still free).

Ninja Run - you crouch down and run like Naruto.

Beast Run - you hunker down and run on all fours

These two stack with the inherent sprint and you end up with quite a speed even with nothing slotted in sprint or swift. You can't slot Beast or Ninja Run. It does not stack with Powerslide. Also, they tend to burn endurance if you use it in combat. A nice thing about these is that if you do slot Run and Swift, you can get a more than decent speed to get around town. 

Jump pack. Lets you "leap over tall-ish buildings in a single bound."

Steam jump. CoH's version of console double jump.

Haven't played with steam jump as much, but IIRC, a rocket pack appears while you're holding the spacebar. Jump pack stacks with the two Runs above. I don't have stats to see if stacking improves the distance or height. One thing I noticed is when you use steam either of the special jumps for great height, you lose a bit of health when you land.

Coyote/Panther travel power. transforms you to an animal while you run. goes for 1 mil inf. Haven't tried these, and I don't think I will unless I have inf to burn.

The three below also cost 1 mil per pop. Lets you fly (convenient) but not fight during flight. Also turns off toggles when you use them. little faster than hover, but slower than fly/sorcery flight.

Flying Carpet - haven't tried this, but I've seen it. pretty much what it says on the tin.

Void Skiff - you jump on a glowing pink energy disc.

Rocket board - white surfboard with red stripes and two rockets on either side (not like Silver Surfer's or Mary McFly's)

Under Temporary Powers menu (still in the P2W vendor) you also have a choice of rocket packs. These go for 50k inf for thirty minutes of flight. Not sure if that's real time or logged in time or use time. Haven't used them so I have no idea what they look like, how fast they go or how they work.

In Siren's Call, you can buy a Sky Raider's rocket pack for 5k or 50k, I forget, that's good for 1 hour I think.

I am fairly sure that the time on all temp travel powers measures in-use time (not logged in time or real time).  All of the temp travel powers you get from the Kings Row bank missions are also in-use time; the few characters I made that got them mostly still have them. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

thanks shazanti but the ones im talking about are the utility belt power set and the gadgeteer power set

Those power pools (part of several purchasable Power Pools) never made it to Live.  The coding for the remaining 4 (Utility Belt, Experimentation, Force of Will, Gadgeteer) was partially developed into the I24 Beta Code, but not completed.  But, fear not, because our awesome Homecoming Dev's are working on finishing them as we speak...So SOONTM

The one Power Pool, Sorcery, is complete and available to you

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting