Global name

Flitwick

When I first joined homecoming I made a character with a generic, numerical filled, seemingly random name in order to glimpse the renewal of my once beloved world.

I forgot that this would become my global name.

So, with second attempt, I changed it to the name of what I thought would be my main character. Coming from a past of altoholism, I should’ve known that this new assumed main character of mine would not have lasted... 

Here I am, with a global name, that is of a character long forgotten in the 30 something pages of Alts I have procured, and with zero ability to rename my global. 

Is there a work around to this? Something I’ve overlooked? Is it possible to change my global a third time?

Found this in wiki....

"A global chat handle may be changed at any time, however, please note! A player may only change his or her global chat handle once per account. There are no exceptions to this rule. Once a new global chat handle is selected, it may never be changed again."

...interesting since I did the same thing and was wondering why I wasn't getting global friend requests from my friends who I texted my name to.  Looked it up and realized like you I made it something different.  Went ahead and changed it, not realizing that was my one and only shot. 

"Stand By to Stand By"

You can put in a support ticket and plead your case...they usually work with you!

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/support/create/

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Eh.

My first ever character on Live was "Pax Arcana".  I played him for maybe three hours, before abandoning the character (deleted it, even) for greener pastures (so ... many ... pastures ...!)

Didn't really matter anymore, that my Global and my Character handles weren't the same.  Indeed, coming here?  I used my one-and-only to change my Global to ... you guessed it ... @PaxArcana.  'cause in CoX, that's just who I am.  🙂

Edited by PaxArcana
splelign is hrad :D

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

Pretty much what has already been stated.

The Homecoming position is as follows, cut and pasted from this GM FAQ - https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/6899-homecoming-gmfaq-gm-fiddleback-answers-questions/

It's a pretty long FAQ but it has a lot of good information.  I would suggest everyone read it.

What’s a Global Handle? Why Do I Have One? And How Can I Change It?

All right, slow down….

A Global Handle is assigned to you when you log into the game for the first time with a character. By Default, it is the same as the name of your first character. It lets people find you and send you mail and do various other things regardless of what character you might be on at any given time. Basically, it’s like a master ID within the game. All your characters on the account are associated with that Global Handle.

You get one free Global Rename, because some people will log in Doctor Snorkledanker as their first character and then realize that that isn’t so handy to type in. Or maybe it doesn’t reflect the way they’d like to be perceived. Or maybe they spelled it wrong. Or possibly it’s very rude.  It sounds rude, doesn’t it?

Anyway, you get one free rename. That’s it. No more. Nada. Zip. One and done.  Except if you file a ticket and ask politely someone will probably let you off the hook and grant you another one. But try to keep this to a minimum. If you find yourself asking for a rename every week or better, maybe don’t. Pick one and stick with it.

Edited by Ironblade
  • Like 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

9 minutes ago, Seigmoraig said:

I changed my Global Chat Handle and I did not need to open a ticket or anything

/changehandle New Hero Name

Right.  Once.  Everyone gets one change.  The OP wants to change his global AGAIN.  That's where we run into problems.

Edited by Ironblade

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.