Totally confused with the incarnate tree

So I started slotting Alpha > Musculature and I'm currently on T3 on right side. I just noticed that I'd like to build towards T4 left side, but I'm already building on right side. I see that both T4 powers require two T3s - one right side and one left side. I asked someone what I needed to do to switch sides, and was told that I'd have to restart at T1 and build a left side, then when I have both a right and left side T3, I can pick whatever side T4 I want. Question is, why do I need to start back at T1? Shouldn't the game already know that I had a T1 earlier on? So if the tree completely disregards that I had a T1 crafted at the very beginning, what assurance is there that if I swap over to left side, it's going to remember I had anything crafted on the right?

• Retired Game Master

It's not about "remembering" anything.  T4 abilities need two T3 abilities as part of the crafting recipe, so you need to make a T3 twice.  You already used up the T1 you made at the start in the process of making the T3 you currently have.

Edited by GM Capocollo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think you're misunderstanding what Incarnate abilities are.  These are crafted powers, you aren't progressing on a skill tree you are "crafting items" which you then use in the recipe for the next tier.  In other words, you need to craft two T3 "items" because the T4 "item" requires two T3's as part of the recipe.

• Like 1