New Forum Tricks - Feedback

Let's condense all of our "tricks and tips" into one thread, so that people that read that thread can become an expert at the forum in no time. I'm not sure if this is the best place, or the Guides section, but it's not really technically a guide... so I don't know what to do with the idea. That being said, look what I found!

Highlight a bunch of text in a post, and then lookie at what happens:

image.thumb.png.142249850793a26e9c7d6f68c1274fbf.png

Click the button, and...

image.thumb.png.97150348d41f8e46b3aedc735e2e8106.png

😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
I'm out.

WOW.  I will definitely want to be using THAT one a lot!!

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

Another thing you can do is click on the [+] next to the 'Quote' button on any post and then port that quote to any other thread. Just click on the "Quote # post" popover to insert the quoted post.

Edited by Oubliette_Red
  • Thanks 2

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

Oh dear I'm going to be posting in this thread A LOT.... Here's a quick one: 

Tagging people @Alty 

Using the @ sign and the member name  will tag the person in the post. The forum will also provide a small list window showing the name and avatar to help you tag the correct person.  Tagging people also sends them a notification that they have been tagged (depending on how they have their notifications set). 

Bonus: Also if you hover over the tag, a small snapshot of their profile pops up. (This also works for any of the avatar photos or names). 

Also also, you can follow people via their profile page. You can also post statuses there as well and other fun information.

Edited by Alty
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Game global: @Alty  || Discord: @Alty#2005

Founding member of Repeat Offenders Network  - Making stupidly difficult things easy since 2005 

Global Channel: Repeat Offenders  || Website: www.repeat-offenders.net

📢RETRO RO Teaming  - Details in the Repeat Offenders Club

Reading unread content - If you are like me and you want to scan all the unread content, but get annoyed with how it is presented, here are a few tips and tricks:

Quick Primer - To set up an awesome unread activity option, go to your desktop and 

1.) To Get started - Click Activity on the top toolbar and click on unread content

2.) Want to just read the new content?  - if you've used this already and are annoyed that it always starts you at the beginning of the thread, you can go to the Unread Content options tool bar at the top of the content, and click on "Read Status" and change it to "Unread item links take me to the first unread comment".  (again, this only works when using unread content activity stream

3.) Is the page too busy?  You can select "Condensed" at the top right of the feed...

4.) Want to save your options and make this the default option?  Click on "Save as a new stream" on the toolbar above the feed...Once you give it a name, it will take you to the new feed.  Want this to be the default?  Click the little "checkbox" to the right of the name....

5.) Easy Access to your new default?  On the desktop, there will be a button on the top and bottom of every thread that shows your new activity stream...On mobile, there is a little document like button next to the home button that does the same thing.

Note:  The "Next Unread Topic" option at the bottom of some posts will take you to the next unread topic in that particular board or sub-forum.  It will not take you to the next unread topic in your activity stream.

• Thanks 2

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting