New PB Here

So I've recently found these servers and started checking it out. I'm mostly a soloer, don't think I ever got a character past 40 even during the game's original run, so I'm not too concerned about late-game builds, but I just started a Peacebringer character and I need to know something: Why is my first mission sending me against mobs of five enemies at once? I was already worried about taking extra damage from all attacks, so now I'm wondering if I've done something wrong. I checked with the Hero Corps Field Analyst, and I'm still on the basic settings. 

Not sure why you would have more enemies than normal, but you can lower your difficulty settings to -1 if you want. You're going to like having more enemies than normal when you get Bright Nova because you'll be able to AoE them from relative safety in the air and gain more xp for your time. So just make sure you pick up Nova, at least while leveling.

As I recall, Kheldian arcs were originally designed with players who already had level 50 characters in mind, and because of that the devs wanted to give a challenge. Khelds were also designed to play heavily in teams for part of their core mechanics, which would have made a mission with extra enemies merely feel like a good time rather than an agonizing slog.

Isn’t it weird how many solo players are drawn towards Kheldians? I’m in the same boat. I do it too.

you can always street grind a few levels or see if you can start the missions for "get his name" near AP hall's stairs. I got ganked by high level mobs going to a tunnel for the first mission, threw me off lol