I looked and didn't see anything directly related, so I will make a thread about my bane of existence on Homecoming, or as I like to call it: The league bug.

Leagues are typically formed for Hamidon raids, Rikti mothership raids, and Incarnate Trials.  Most typically, the raid or trial leader will invite people as they come, and then organize them into teams later.  It is easier for the raid or trial leader, quicker, and the raid or trial leader won't receive a tell from the player asking why he or she hasn't been invited yet. 

However, if you invite someone to join your league who isn't already on a team, the game sometimes (seemingly at random), won't actually place the player in a team.  The league window will show that player in the team, but if that player opens his or her team window, that player will see that he or she is not actually on a team.  Global friends can also apparently see that that person is not actually on a team.  There is no way for the league leader to know however, unless that person realizes it and mentions it to the league leader. 

The ramifications for the league bug don't impact Hamidon raids.  The league bug definitely hits it, but few people notice because you actually don't need to be on a league to get your rewards from Hamidon raids.  You only need to get in your attack chain. 

The real problems are with Rikti mothership raids and Incarnate trials.  People show as on a team in the league window, but actually aren't.  If that person is on a level 40 Controller, they're not being sidekicked up to level 49.  Up against level 54 Rikti, that is one very dead level 40 Controller.  In addition, those affected by the league bug in Rikti mothership raids don't get full Vanguard merits.  There have been many Rikti mothership raids where, at level 50+1, I would only get 550 - 700 Vanguard merits where most on the raid got double that.  Why?  Because the game only counted the Rikti I personally damaged, not the others that the league window showed were on my team, as I was not actually on a team. 

I also strongly suspect that the league bug is the root cause for people being booted from locked league teams in Incarnate trials.  League leaders are locking teams, but some people are not actually teamed despite the league window showing otherwise.  Once the trial starts, those who aren't actually teamed are booted because the team they are supposed to be on is locked. 

The only thing I can think of that can get around the league bug is to form teams the old fashioned way.  Once people have set teams of eight players, then, and only then, form the league. 

I do not recall this bug before sunset, and I routinely lead Rikti mothership raids and was a team lead in Hamidon raids.  I would really greatly appreciate it if it was looked into. 

Edited by Apparition
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Apparition said:

I looked and didn't see anything directly related, so I will make a thread about my bane of existence on Homecoming, or as I like to call it: The league bug.

Leagues are typically formed for Hamidon raids, Rikti mothership raids, and Incarnate Trials.  Most typically, the raid or trial leader will invite people as they come, and then organize them into teams later.  It is easier for the raid or trial leader, quicker, and the raid or trial leader won't receive a tell from the player asking why he or she hasn't been invited yet. 

However, if you invite someone to join your league who isn't already on a team, the game sometimes (seemingly at random), won't actually place the player in a team.  The league window will show that player in the team, but if that player opens his or her team window, that player will see that he or she is not actually on a team.  Global friends can also apparently see that that person is not actually on a team.  There is no way for the league leader to know however, unless that person realizes it and mentions it to the league leader. 

The ramifications for the league bug don't impact Hamidon raids.  The league bug definitely hits it, but few people notice because you actually don't need to be on a league to get your rewards from Hamidon raids.  You only need to get in your attack chain. 

The real problems are with Rikti mothership raids and Incarnate trials.  People show as on a team in the league window, but actually aren't.  If that person is on a level 40 Controller, they're not being sidekicked up to level 49.  Up against level 54 Rikti, that is one very dead level 40 Controller.  In addition, those affected by the league bug in Rikti mothership raids don't get full Vanguard merits.  There have been many Rikti mothership raids where, at level 50+1, I would only get 550 - 700 Vanguard merits where most on the raid got double that.  Why?  Because the game only counted the Rikti I personally damaged, not the others that the league window showed were on my team, as I was not actually on a team. 

I also strongly suspect that the league bug is the root cause for people being booted from locked league teams in Incarnate trials.  League leaders are locking teams, but some people are not actually teamed despite the league window showing otherwise.  Once the trial starts, those who aren't actually teamed are booted because the team they are supposed to be on is locked. 

The only thing I can think of that can get around the league bug is to form teams the old fashioned way.  Once people have set teams of eight players, then, and only then, form the league. 

I do not recall this bug before sunset, and I routinely lead Rikti mothership raids and was a team lead in Hamidon raids.  I would really greatly appreciate it if it was looked into. 

Seconded. This happened to a friend on Excelsior last night in a MSR raid, and wasn't noticed until around 5 minutes left. I've seen it several time in Hamidon raids, but as you say, it's not so big a deal as it is in MSR. Hopefully a fix for this can be found.

14 minutes ago, subbacultchas said:

Seconded. This happened to a friend on Excelsior last night in a MSR raid, and wasn't noticed until around 5 minutes left. I've seen it several time in Hamidon raids, but as you say, it's not so big a deal as it is in MSR. Hopefully a fix for this can be found.

Yeah.  I am considering leading a weekly mothership raid on Excelsior formed the old fashioned way, prior to leagues, until the league bug is fixed.  It will be slower to get started and confusing to those newer to the game, but it is the only way to ensure that lowbies are sidekicked and that everyone gets the proper Vanguard merits. 

Edited by Apparition

7 minutes ago, Apparition said:

Yeah.  I am considering leading a weekly mothership raid on Excelsior formed the old fashioned way, prior to leagues, until the league bug is fixed.  It will be slower to get started and confusing to those newer to the game, but it is the only way to ensure that lowbies are sidekicked and that everyone gets the proper Vanguard merits. 

I'd join that. I've done the MSR a few times from beginning to end, but I admit there's parts near the middle where I'm more following the herd than understanding what's going on exactly.

Well, I scheduled a mothership raid 52 hours in advance on both the forums and Discord for last night to try it the old fashioned way, but someone that doesn't read the forums nor Discord started an impromptu mothership raid about ten minutes before I planned on beginning to form my own.  And they formed it the regular way which results in the league bug.

Multiple people suggested that I try again and reschedule, but there's nothing preventing it from happening again, so I'm just going to write off Rikti mothership raids as a bad idea until if/when the league bug is fixed.  It's a shame, as Rikti mothership raids were my favorite thing to do in the game prior to sunset, but c'est la vie.

Edited by Apparition

On Everlasting our usual routine has grown to everyone checking their teams for "missing" members and un-sidekicked people.  The fix is usually to kick and reinvite.

Horizon Twilight, The Chernobyl Effect, XLR Mk8, Dodgeball, and a host of other alts all hanging out on Everlasting.

1 hour ago, sbloyd said:

On Everlasting our usual routine has grown to everyone checking their teams for "missing" members and un-sidekicked people.  The fix is usually to kick and reinvite.

That is definitely one solution.  The problem with it though is that some people (like @subbacultchas's friend), won't realize that they are not actually on a team until it's too late.  My first three Rikti mothership raids on Homecoming back in late May, I had no idea why I was only getting about 550 Vanguard merits per raid until it dawned on me and I checked my team window... and yep, no team.

• 1 month later
  • Lead Game Master

Another solution puts it on the League leader to invite people to his team, and then move them to other teams as needed for balance.

Combining that with instructions before the event starts for everyone to 'switch to team mode and make sure you're on a team' should catch problems before people begin earning VMerits or other rewards.

• 7 months later

I encountered a new league bug this evening, while forming a league for the instanced Rikti mothership raid trial.  Well, perhaps it's related to the bug in the OP.

Like GM Solace suggested in the post right above, I try to keep my own team low while forming a league... four or five people.  I then invite everyone to my team directly, and then shuffle them off to whatever team they're suited for.  Only near the end do I fill up my own team.

Tonight, after the league was created, I directly invited someone to my team, (team #1).  There was a message that the person joined my team and joined the league.  I went to the league window to move the person to another team.  However, the person was not in the league window.  He showed up on my team window, but I triple checked the league window and he was not there.  I asked him to quit and re-join.  He did, and then he showed up in the league window after re-joining.

It's the first time after forming many, many instanced MSRs that I noticed that someone was on my team window, but not the league window.

Edited by Apparition

I think this is partially caused by the LFG queue. If you use the LFG queue as a solo player to get from one location to another - say, you're in Mercy Island and you queue for Lady Grey to get to the RWZ right away - it puts you in something like a "ghost league." It'll say in your chat window that you've joined a league, but it'll be a league of just you. If you're invited to a real league after that happens, you'll be team bugged. If you type /leaveleague into chat before joining an actual league, you won't be team bugged anymore. 

I don't know why.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Katharos said:
29 minutes ago, Captain Powerhouse said:
On 3/16/2021 at 4:10 PM, Katharos said:

why isn't sentinel bioarmour's athletic regulation getting a look?

Oversight, it will be addressed in the next build.

Oh no. Oh god. What have I done?