Assassination has a better chance to crit than scrapper inherent?

biostem

So in looking at this page on AT inherents, am I correct in reading that stalkers actually have a better chance, (except vs EBs or AVs while solo), to land a crit than scrappers?  Can anyone please shed some light on this.  Thank you very much!

How it works is that Scrappers have a 5% chance to crit on minions, pets, and underlings and 10% on lieutenants and above.  Stalkers, meanwhile, have a base 10% chance to crit against everything, plus an additional 3% for every teammate within 30 feet (or possibly just on the team period, it might've changed at some point).  If they attack from Hide, they will always crit.  So yes, Stalkers will crit more than Scrappers when solo.

• Like 1

As a Scrapper main I eat a steady diet of crayons and glue to keep my wits sharp and my reflexes honed.

Stalkers got a fairly significant buff in i22 (I believe) and now rival scrappers in much the same way that brutes rival tankers, defenders rival corrupters and peacebringers rival warshades. They have about 10% less health and do about 10% less base damage but crit more often and can force crits by using stealth and using assassin's focus - it's fairly easy to crit twice in a row and you can basically decide when this happens. High-floor-low-ceiling vs low-floor-high-ceiling. 

They also have an inherently lower threat level and no taunt-on-hit like stalkers, meaning they're slightly safer in group play. 

Honestly, I think they got hit by power creep fairly hard and would eventually have been nerfed a bit as they can out-scrap a scrapper in the same way that a dominator can out-control a controller.

The low threat level and decent defences means that my stalker is usually the last to go down in a fight and it can take a beating before that happens. They have the same health as blasters but the same defences as scrappers meaning you can kick the crap out of them and they'll stay standing.

I got distracted. Yes, they crank out critical hits and the ATOs mean you get extra build up and extra crits with the hide proc. 

Edited by Gulbasaur
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

On 8/6/2019 at 9:55 AM, Leogunner said:

Is double critting still a thing? Haven't seen it yet myself. 

Yup. Crit on assassin's strike, then crit coming out of Hidden if AS triggers the Hide ATO. They've got a high base crit rate in groups, so you get three in a row from time to time.

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

8 minutes ago, Gulbasaur said:

Yup. Crit on assassin's strike, then crit coming out of Hidden if AS triggers the Hide ATO. They've got a high base crit rate in groups, so you get three in a row from time to time.

I was talking about situations where AS would trigger both its hidden damage and its out-of-hidden extra damage.  I believe it was a bug though and might have been linked with the re-hide from ATO or Placate.

Or maybe that's what you meant?

40 minutes ago, Leogunner said:

I was talking about situations where AS would trigger both its hidden damage and its out-of-hidden extra damage.  I believe it was a bug though and might have been linked with the re-hide from ATO or Placate.

Or maybe that's what you meant?

Ah, no. I haven't noticed that.