Mind / Poison Build Help

benoitsean88

I'm wanting to create a Mind / Poison Controller that would be good for soloing. The idea is to have the enemies fight each other while I stand back and poison the hell out of them without them even noticing me. I am horrible at creating and would like someone with more know how to help me out. Thanks in advance.

I have one suggestion, and it's that due to its long Recharge, Paralytic Poison will have a 90% chance to proc damage IOs... this means that at 50, a damage Proc will average 64 damage, and 3 of them take it to 190 damage. Add in a purple proc (if you're using the ATO set for your Hold), and it does about 280 damage while also helping to stack Holds on a Boss. Doing this will then allow you to set up your Dominate for damage, probably 3 Thunderstrikes and 3 damage procs (you could go 2 & 4 if you prefer, note that Dominate will get less damage from each proc IO since it has a shorter Recharge). This will allow you better single-target damage, that also sets up Containment for other attacks (note that PP won't need Containment), so you have better damage and more Containment and more Holds.

Poison Gas Trap should have been an excellent place to place damage procs, turning it into a PBAoE damage power... but Frosticus had some testing with the Traps version that implies that damage Procs don't work well in that... so probably they won't work in Poison Gas Trap, either.

Sir Myshkin did some additional testing on poison trap (traps version) and had good results for it vs groups. I was just looking at it vs a single target.

It might be worth considering a closer look at the poison version for procs if for no other reason than it has a way faster cast time and it takes a whole host of other procs too like fury -res. 

Mind/Poison is a lot of fun for making them fight each other. 

Envenom is one of the very few powers that does no damage (won't wake sleepers) and has -res and -def without having -tohit. Its perfect for setting up puppet shows. They will hit each other and hard.

Don't use Weaken for the puppet shows, because it is -damage and -tohit. Great finishing off the last enemy though, and great for AVs and bosses etc. Cripples pretty much anything.

Add a whole lot of sleeps in, and add TP Foe for the fun of it, and you can get entire missions worth of enemies killing themselves off. It gets even better when you get status causing enemies. I've had multiple Tsoo Sorcs TP'd along with me healing me, Avalanche Shamans doing hilarious things, enough sky raider FF generators to make me untouchable when fighting that AV in the Faultline arc. The witches in Croatoa are absolutely hilarious when you get them all confused and fighting each other and hitting each other reliably.

Yes, playing puppet master through a mission means you get hardly any XP, but who cares? XP is easy to gain when you want it. Making them all kill each other in funny ways is good times! 

Edited by Gentoo
  • Like 2