Cross Punch on Controllers Not Doing Proper Damage

SarelFox

Based on City of Data (since I'm not at home to check the actual game files), they are correctly getting the bonus from having Punch and Kick. The problem seems to be that all the additional damage lines in Cross Punch for the various AT inherents that do extra damage (Containment, Scourge, Critical Hit and Assassination) are the wrong damage scale (0.76 DS). Looks like they were initially copied from Punch but not updated to reflected Cross Punch's damage scale (1.27 DS).

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison! | Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers Telepathy | Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah

The Strange Relationship between Damage Buffs and Damage Resistance OR "Why doesn't Power Boost work on Cold Shields!?"

1 hour ago, Captain Powerhouse said:

Not "wrong", as much as traditionally, special mechanic damage is not factored in onto things like criticals. You can see this clearly on Street Justice, where critical hits for base damage, regardless of combo level.

If this was in response to me, then I'm sorry if I wasn't clear in my response, but the base damage of Cross Punch is 1.27 damage scale, before Punch and Kick's bonuses are added. The Containment/Scourge/Critical Hit/Assassination damage lines are only doing 0.76 damage scale, which is exactly Punch's base damage, which makes me think this is a bug. It's funny because in this case, the special mechanic damage (the bonus from owning Punch and Kick) is being factored in, but the base damage it's multiplying is incorrect.

• Like 1

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison! | Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers Telepathy | Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah

The Strange Relationship between Damage Buffs and Damage Resistance OR "Why doesn't Power Boost work on Cold Shields!?"

On 8/8/2019 at 6:45 PM, Trickshooter said:

If this was in response to me, then I'm sorry if I wasn't clear in my response, but the base damage of Cross Punch is 1.27 damage scale, before Punch and Kick's bonuses are added. The Containment/Scourge/Critical Hit/Assassination damage lines are only doing 0.76 damage scale, which is exactly Punch's base damage, which makes me think this is a bug. It's funny because in this case, the special mechanic damage (the bonus from owning Punch and Kick) is being factored in, but the base damage it's multiplying is incorrect.

Oh my god thank you for figuring this out, and Powerhouse for putting it on The List.

This explanation makes what I'm seeing make perfect sense.