Spiderman like powers

diefree

Been playing ps4 Spider-Man. Now have a concept for hero built around Arachnos and one of the costumes in game. My question is which powers most mimic his. Scrapper seems obvious then maybe super reflexes. But what about primary?

Martial Arts used to be popular for this.  There really isn't anything in the game acrobatic enough to do Spider-Man justice.  Jump Kick from the Leaping pool is thematic visually, but I cannot recommend that crappy ass power to anyone with a straight face. 

Martial Arts can now have some kicks swap to punches so you can mix and match to have that flurry of attacks style of the old Webhead. 

30 minutes ago, diefree said:

Been playing ps4 Spider-Man. Now have a concept for hero built around Arachnos and one of the costumes in game. My question is which powers most mimic his. Scrapper seems obvious then maybe super reflexes. But what about primary?

I would personally say Street Justice or Martial Arts would be the way to go. Street Justice has better animations overall, I feel, but they aren't the acrobatic sorts of antics Spidey does. For those, you'll be happier with Martial Arts.

As much as I loathe what Perfect World Entertainment did to Champions online, you'd probably be able to make a better spiderman there, they even have travel powers that mimic webslinging. I think the movesets available here are just a bit too slow and clunky to do a spiderman inspired character justice.

LOL. Here is something a bit off the wall.    Go with a Dark Blast / Super Reflexes Sentinel.  You can take the dark blasts , then select the "no skull" or "no skull alt" animation.   Then change their colors to one of the light greyish-blue tints that is in the middle column, in the 6th column I think, and halfway down in the blue area..  It will actually turn them kind of a grey with minimal black tint, and they actually look like you are shooting webs.   

Then you can also pick up Air Superiority from the Flight Pool for a nice overhead smash (at least that is what it looked like back in the day).  As a matter of fact.   You get respecs in the game, since your actual class has the webslinging down.  You can then pick and pull from the fighting pool and other pools that have melee attacks and kicks  

See you out there Webslinger!

• Like 3

I like thinking outside the box and I like that Dark blast  idea, paint it white and it's webbing but then, go for Dark Blast/Martial Combat blaster instead, you get some kind of bullet time (spider reflexes and agility) and nice looking kickes and punches.   Throw sand could be like webbing the enemies' eyes.  Use Mace mastery and you get to pick webbing powers like web grenade, web cocoon, summon spiderlings etc (though you probably can't ditch the mace animation for it). Also gives you a good defense power, making you evade/dodge like spiderman.

The leaping pool is very Spiderman:  Jump kick, acrobatics, combat jumping, spring attack, yeah all of them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BwuceWee said:

The leaping pool is very Spiderman:  Jump kick, acrobatics, combat jumping, spring attack, yeah all of them.

This is what I was thinking.  The entire pool is very Spider-Man like (Super Jump is the closest you're going to get to web-swinging in this game).