Reward Merits Enhancements

UniversalGuard

So I'm looking at Reward Merit Enhancements ... is there a preferred thought to purchasing Archetype Enhancements vs Event Enhancements? Never really used it during live and I only have like 175 Reward Merits but I want to get started on the right track. My main archetype is a Human PB.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Winter Event enhancements or Very Rare (aka purple) recipes are probably the best uses in terms of influence return per Merit spent, though sometimes Converters and Calalysts can also go for a premium especially in high-traffic periods like weekends.   You can probably get most elements for your build off the market without too much cost, so those are likely the areas where you want to focus your Merit purchases - either to make influence to buy other things, or to acquire high-cost items yourself that might otherwise be difficult to afford starting out.

There can be no defense like elaborate courtesy - E.V. Lucas

My AE arcs:

Ex Machina, the story of the Tin Mage Corps.  Arc ID #11781

On 8/9/2019 at 7:48 PM, GavinRuneblade said:

luck of the gambler proc recipe for 50 merits vs the enhancement for 100. craft it yourself and almost double your profit (depending on how cheap you get the salvage).

Buy what you want with the money.

50 merits equals 150 converters that you can sell for 90K Inf each.

150 converters times 90K Inf equals 13,500,000 (minus fees)

You can buy 2 LoTGs for this amount

If you use 50 merits to buy one LoTG recipe you will be losing money

It seems to me you are better off with using merits for converters to either sell or use on enhancements

• Like 1

If you want to play the market, which I encourage, then choosing something like boosters or converters to trade for inf makes sense.  Trade it, then use the inf to buy the item you want on the AH.

For ease and simplicity, you are not going to fail if you use merits to buy enhancements, particularly winter os or purples, that you plan to use for yourself.  Both merits and inf are easy to come by, so there’s no point in stressing out if you didn’t get to your end point the cheapest way possible.

• Like 3

Who run Bartertown?

On 8/12/2019 at 4:23 AM, Lockpick said:

50 merits equals 150 converters that you can sell for 90K Inf each.

150 converters times 90K Inf equals 13,500,000 (minus fees)

You can buy 2 LoTGs for this amount

If you use 50 merits to buy one LoTG recipe you will be losing money

It seems to me you are better off with using merits for converters to either sell or use on enhancements

there is a lot of volitility in the market. when I posted gamblers were way up and converters down. last night unslotters were going for 195k at 2/merit versus converters at 81k at 3/merit making unslotters the better deal.

It is something that you can jump on the opportunities as they appear, or you can just post converters and be patient.