Question about En/En

ceto555

If you have the slots the kb to kd IOs certainly make managing knockback easy. But there were plenty of energy blasters who were perfectly capable of not griefing with it before those ever existed. Many hovered over mobs to make the aoes knock down, many only used the aoes situationally. If you have room for the IOs I'd start with nova and worry least about the single target powers. 

If you have the slots available WITHOUT sacrificing anything you want on the character then if you want to drop the knockback then I guess do it. Don't allow anyone to tell you to do it. The real issue becomes that many of the sets that will grant you defense bonuses that you definitely want require 6 slotting. Which means that any attack you put one of those little satan hancers into will likely not be giving you a bonus that you would want. Now this can range from people dropping just like energy torrent or explosive blast or nova to people dropping all of them. But when you start adding up 2-3 percent defense per power you take it out of you are IMO gimping your character for the sake of others desires. 

Be responsible with knock back yes,, of course, but don't let anyone give you shit about it either. The only real way it becomes an issue is if you are irresponsible with it, or you are playing with bad players who don't do their jobs right. So if you know you are doing your end then tell anyone who complains to F off.  That is my opinion, others may vary. 

I put them in the aoe's. That seems like enough.  Pushing one baddie out of the scrum never seems to bother anyone since I'm gonna kill it anyway.

The AOEs though, you toss whole mobs around.  That annoys people.  Plus it lowers the effectiveness of your next AOE.   

With the KD proc explosive blast becomes super footstomp just hit it from a range of zero.  

• Like 1

I have Overwhelming Force 6-slotted in my Explosive Blast, which includes the KB-to-KD.  I have the Sudden Acceleration KB-to-KD IO in the 6th-slot of Nova, with Superior Avalanche in the other 5 slots.  Yes, it cost me some fire/cold/AoE defense, but not much, so it was worth it to prevent scattering mobs all over the place.  I don't bother breaking up sets on my single-target attacks for the KB-to-KD, as its not worth losing those set bonuses for that.

Edited by Rathulfr
  • Like 2

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer