Sonic Resonance Superteam starts 23 August 8pm EDT

Perfect Square

What: Sonic Resonance Superteam
Where: Indomitable
When: Fridays and Sundays at 8pm ET (first meeting on 8/23/2019)
Who: Brought to you by the Justice Superteamers (the folks behind the Justice TA, Traps, Radiation, Blades, Earth, Gun, Darkness, Time, and Water Superteams)
Why: Fortune and glory... and FUN!

Back on live, the Justice Superteamers ran several projects that leveraged the power of stacked (de)buffs to accomplish things that a random group could not. Come join us as we try to reproduce those good times here on Homecoming with Volume and Vibration, our Sonic Resonance Superteam! Long time vets and new players are all invited as we focus on fun with other friendly players. With capped resists, mez protection, high defense, and generous amounts of -res for enemies, we should be poised to steamroll content and take on difficult challenges.

Power/Build Requirements:

• You must choose Sonic Resonance as either primary or secondary. This is available to Defenders, Controllers, Corruptors, and Masterminds.
  • You must include the following powers in your build:
    • Ally Shields (Sonic Barrier and Sonic Haven)
    • Disruption Field
    • Sonic Dispersion
    • Liquefy
    • Maneuvers
  • The following are suggested, but if you can't fit them all in, they are not all required:
    • Aid Other
    • Assault
    • Tactics
    • Victory Rush
  • Other team-focused powers are great too: Clarity, Veng, Teleports, and Resusitate are always useful.
  • You're welcome to make use of your other build if you'd like to maintain a solo, PVP, or just non project compliant build.

Miscellaneous Details:

• Our first meeting will take place Friday, August 23rd, 2019 at 8pm EDT under the Atlas statue on Indomitable. Feel free to show up fresh from the tutorial (or even skip it).
  • We'll be coordinating the group through use of a global channel named "Justice Superteamers". Everyone participating on this team must join the channel. (/chan_join "Justice Superteamers"). We also have a Discord channel for out of game and voice communication.
  • We'll start in Paragon with some DFBs and KR scanners/banks, but will eventually make ourselves vigilantes/rogues so we can enjoy what the Rogue Isles have to offer.
  • We'll be focusing on PVE content (TFs, Contact Arcs, Tips, iTrials, the occasional newspaper/scanner, etc).
  • There is no limit on the number of people that can join us. This isn't going to be a fixed group of 8; the more, the merrier. Feel free to show up late, roll a 2nd alt, etc.
  • Super-Sidekick makes teaming incredibly easy. If you already have a character that fits the theme of this team, or won't be able to join us at the start of this team, don't worry; we'll accept you at any level, any time. Just note that if you're significantly beyond the rest of the team in terms of level, you should expect to exemplar down to the rest of the team most of the time.

If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to post here or send a /t or email to @Perfect Square or @Hedgefundin-game.

Edited by Perfect Square
  • Like 1

My Beast/Sonic MM is ready!

In addition to what Perfect Square mentioned, some other considerations:

The 3 buffs (Offense, Defense and Survival Amplifiers) at the P2W vendor will never be cheaper than at level 1.  1,000 inf and they're pretty nice and will really stand out at lowbie levels.  You can purchase up to 8 hours worth, similar to the 2XP boost.

Speaking of the 2XP boost, I imagine most folks will be using this throughout.  Even though SSK will allow newbies to team with higher levels, being at the same level will allow us to do level limited content together (like TFs/SFs).  So I'd suggest keeping the 2xp buff on throughout.  If this causes an inf hardship (enabling 2xp stops all inf gain), just let me (@hedgefund) know.

I also picked up a stash of Envenom Daggers, with stacked -res AV types will go down fast, with the -regen the daggers provide they'll go down a bit faster.  The more we have of those the better.

If you've got 12m inf sitting around, the 3 teleport powers (Assemble the Team, Mission Transporter and Team Transporter) from p2w are helpful too.  Even just the 2 that are 1M each would be handy if you want to skip the 10m TT power.

We'll have a base available with zone teleporters, so definitely don't buy the base teleporter from p2w.  Instead use the command (via macro is how I do it) to enter the base from anywhere.  I don't know the base password right now, but we'll let folks know.

Other miscellaneous thoughts -

Endurance Reduction and Recovery - those are the things I'm building for and what I suggest for anyone playing Sonic.  We'll be sturdy, we'll melt mobs, we'll also be gasping for air at times.  Sonic isn't the easiest for endurance management, but should be manageable with the right slotting.  An example of "right slotting" would be 2-3 Endurance Reductions in Disruption Field.  Early slotting of recovery and +end procs (Miracle, Numina's, Performance Shifter and Panacea) will go a long way to keeping the steamrolling rolling.

We're pretty mellow about game play.  By that I mean no one will get shouted down for poor play, otherwise I would have been kicked a long time ago.  We laugh at debt and just enjoy the game, cause it's just a game and we're all happy to have it back.  

We're mellow because we're mature, at least with regards to interactions with other players.  Abusive chat ain't cool.  The official policy - don't be a #*#*.

I look forward to the adventures we'll have and I'll see y'all Friday the 23!

Last night's session was a hoot.  I was glad to see the folks that joined and I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.  The mobs melted like expected and it'll only get better from here.

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised that endurance wasn't the crisis I thought it would be.  I'm going to revisit my planned build to alter some choices that were done purely for end management.

If you didn't make it last night, don't fret, come join on Sunday, you'll catch up in no time.  I think most folks got to low 20s (22 for me).

On 9/3/2019 at 11:38 PM, kawless said:

Are sonic blasters allowed?

This time around, we're just doing Sonic Resonance paired with anything.  Unfortunately that's not available to Blasters so none of them this time around.

While I'm typing, might as well give a quick update.

The leveling certainly is fast.  After 2 weeks (4 sessions) most folks are in the low-mid 40s.  My character is 43.

By no means should anyone be dissuaded to join still because of a level disparity.  We can sk anybody and/or exemplar down for a tf/sf.

• 2 weeks later
On 9/22/2019 at 1:12 AM, kawless said:

Btw, how should I slot Liquefy?

6-slot damage procs?

Liquefy needs recharge recharge recharge since it has a 300 second base.  Procs are nice if you have the slots to spare.

Having said that, I slot Liquefy with whatever helps a build goal (such as Cloud Senses for global recharge and ranged def).

This team is rolling along nicely.  Team regulars are in the 40-50 range (many at the top end) so it may not be the best time to show up with a brand new level 1, but if someone has a higher level sonic resonance character, then by all means come along for some high volume mayhem (Fri and Sun at midnight UTC, 8 Eastern, 5 Pacific).

Mah Sonic Resonance toon (the Servant) does +35% resistance with barrier/haven, 25% with Sonic Dispersion, so effective +60% resistance to all but psionic. Which coupled with set-granted resistance is enough to cap everyone's non-PSI resistance. 2 of them will already be resist overkill. Having team with 7 of these would put everyone's resistance far beyond cap.

To keep this game safe, We have to give it to the world.

Arc ID #13097 - Archvillain Beatdown, try it out!

Arc ID #21066 - Archvillain Beatdown - Past Edition!

Letz now talk about existing Incarnate Lore Pets:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/50351-incarnate-lore-pets-look-through-fix-and-improve/

• 3 weeks later