What's wrong with this macro syntax?

Hedgefund

I'm trying to create 2 macros. so I can toggle between "easy" and "hard".  The why isn't really relevant.

When I type each of these separately:

/macro RAWR SetDifficultyLevel 4$$SetDifficultyTeamSize 8$$SetDifficultyBoss 1$$SetDifficultyAV 1
/macro MEW SetDifficultyLevel 0$$SetDifficultyTeamSize 1$$SetDifficultyBoss 0$$SetDifficultyAV 0

The macro button shows up as I'd expect, but the content of each one contains the first setting.  In other words

RAWR has "SetDifficultyLevel 4"

MEW has "SetDifficultyLevel 0"

I can edit each of them and paste the remainder to append to what's already in the macro.  In other words, I paste

"$$SetDifficultyTeamSize 8$$SetDifficultyBoss 1$$SetDifficultyAV 1" right after  "SetDifficultyLevel 4"

and 

"$$SetDifficultyTeamSize 1$$SetDifficultyBoss 0$$SetDifficultyAV 0" right after "SetDifficultyLevel 0"

At this point, the macro behaves as intended.

My question is, what should I have in the macro initially so I don't have to make this a multi-part process?

I know, if I were clever-er, I'd be doing this via pop-menu.  I'll consider that a next phase.

Edited by Hedgefund

The first 2 macros need quotes...without quotes, after the first $$, if there are spaces, it stops reading the macro...

Edited by justicebeliever
  • Thanks 1

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

8 hours ago, justicebeliever said:

The first 2 macros need quotes...without quotes, after the first $$, if there are spaces, it stops reading the macro...

Thanks JB, that did the trick.  

To summarize for someone else that, like me, is also not a macro pro, I entered the following into the chat box for each:

/macro RAWR "SetDifficultyLevel 4$$SetDifficultyTeamSize 8$$SetDifficultyBoss 1$$SetDifficultyAV 1"
/macro MEW "SetDifficultyLevel 0$$SetDifficultyTeamSize 1$$SetDifficultyBoss 0$$SetDifficultyAV 0"