Cream Soda Issues

MetaVileTerror

Just discovered while troubleshooting with someone in the Help Channel of Everlasting that Cream Soda can also cause issues with the in-game Petition/Support features, preventing players from getting the help they need when a mission gets stuck or they're being harassed.
Something to keep in mind for folks wanting to use something other than Tequila or Rum.

• City Council

I asked Cipher, and he made the point that if the default Cream Soda manifest is patching the wrong bins, it won't work, since /petition is enabled in the bins. Since we stealth-patched that, I wouldn't be shocked if the Cream Soda dev didn't update it. So, your solutions are either

1. Don't use Cream Soda at all (highly recommended) or

2. Use our manifest instead of the default Cream Soda manifest.

"We need Widower. He's a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos - very important." - Cipher

Are you also a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos? Consider applying to be a Game Master!

I am currently using Creamsoda, not out of any desire but because it was listed first in the Reddit post I read about how to connect. 3 months ago. 

I'd like to migrate to Tequila. Can I do so without losing any game files?

Freedom toons:

Illuminata

Phoebros

Mim

Ogrebane

35 minutes ago, cejmp said:

I am currently using Creamsoda, not out of any desire but because it was listed first in the Reddit post I read about how to connect. 3 months ago. 

I'd like to migrate to Tequila. Can I do so without losing any game files?

Never used Cream Soda, but if it uses the same Manifest as patch.savecoh.com, it should be okay.  Just make sure Tequila points to the same directory as Cream Soda did for the game client files.

If a different manifest, there's no easy answer.  It would be matching user files found from directory to directory from the Cream Soda installation to the Tequila one.  Screenshots and costumes are easy, as both are obvious folders... the rest isn't (like VidiotMaps, other overlays, .mnu's, etc.)

Inactive account.  For current info, see GM_Tock.

On 8/16/2019 at 10:28 PM, GM Widower said:

Cipher and I have investigated, and it appears that the default Cream Soda manifest has not been updated in two months, and we believe it is unlikely that it will be maintained in the future. If you continue launching CoH through that manifest, you will not be able to connect to Rebirth, Victory, or even /coxg/, and eventually will lose the ability to connect to Homecoming. We strongly recommend that all players connect to Homecoming through Tequila, which we guarantee will be maintained until a future solution becomes available. If, for some reason, you absolutely must use Cream Soda, you should delete the thunderspy.com manifest and add ours; http://patch.savecoh.com/manifest.xml.

I pointed my Creamsoda to the manifest you specified and ended up with HC, HC 64, HC Safe, HC Beta, HC Beta 64, HC Beta Safe, Paragon, and Titan.  It removed COXG, Rebirth and the other non-HC servers that were available.

Piggs all verified without issue for the base HC then it downloaded the Beta/64/Safe installs.

Looking at the actual XML there are no other servers in there.

Probably you have to select their manifests in the dropdown to get them to pop up, no?

Wait, no, you said cream soda.  I don't use that one so maybe it's different.  The concept stands, though.

Edited by Korbian

• City Council
32 minutes ago, goblinite said:

I pointed my Creamsoda to the manifest you specified and ended up with HC, HC 64, HC Safe, HC Beta, HC Beta 64, HC Beta Safe, Paragon, and Titan.  It removed COXG, Rebirth and the other non-HC servers that were available.

Piggs all verified without issue for the base HC then it downloaded the Beta/64/Safe installs.

Looking at the actual XML there are no other servers in there.

If you want those servers, you'll need to add their manifests, which are listed on their sites.

"We need Widower. He's a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos - very important." - Cipher

Are you also a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos? Consider applying to be a Game Master!

• Jimmy unpinned this topic