How do you ignore someone?

Frostweaver

You know, you could just try what I suggested: either don't respond (that includes making a big public deal of it like this), or just say something like "I no longer wish to continue this discussion, please do not message me again".

It really isn't that difficult ... is it?

Alternately, if just behaving like a grownup is too difficult for you, and you're on a desktop ... hover over my name, right here.  In the little box that pops up, to the bottom, is an "Ignore User" link. Whatever floats your boat.

Edited by PaxArcana

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

You simply type /gignore <player name> 

When they are ignored, should they try to pm you, they'll get a message saying they were ignored. 

After a few days or weeks, you can see who you have ignored, and if you like, take them off the list. They won't know they've been taken off, unless they try to send you another message. 

Ignoring someone can be amusing. I was ignored once - no idea why - but when I got a tell asking for an invite to the radio mission team I was forming, the system told me I couldn't invite them because I was being ignored. This really made me laugh, especially since I had no idea why I was being ignored. 

" You know, you could just try what I suggested: either don't respond (that includes making a big public deal of it like this), or just say something like "I no longer wish to continue this discussion, please do not message me again".

I tried that with the very first message, didn't work.
And frankly, I don't care about them responding me in in thread, That's legit. It bothers me when they take a thread to private messages inappropriately.

This question is not in the 'suggestions' forum, it is a legitimate question on how this board works. I wish to know how to block PM's from someone. Don't make it about you.

Oh, and Thanks, Pax. 'ignore messages' works perfectly. I didn't want to ignore their threads, just personal messages. They might have something valuable to add. They are not stupid, simply socially inept.

Edited by Frostweaver

9 minutes ago, Frostweaver said:

I tried that with the very first message, didn't work.

No, no you didn't.  You slung an insult.  As I said later, insults are engaging - because insults invite response, by their very nature and intent.

All you had to do, was either walk away, or civilly say that you did not wish to have the discussion.  Instead, you got so upset that you just had to be insulting.  And only went downhill from there.

invitation.jpg

• Haha 1

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

4 minutes ago, Frostweaver said:

sharing PM quotes in public boards is a strictly prohibited violation of privacy.

[Citation Needed]

'cause I checked, and I don't see it anywhere in the Code of Conduct or User Agreement.

Oooooh, I'm sorry ... are we at the "vague threats" stage already?  Sorry, sorry, I must have missed the cue for that.

Apparently.  It's no longer Alpha/Beta/Omega.  Frosty claims to bee a "delta", and I've seen references to "sigma" males as well.

All of it is pure nonsense of course.  Human social interactions are much too complex to be so easily and neatly pigeonholed like that.

• Retired Game Master

Act like adults, please.

If you're upset I closed a thread, take it up with me directly instead of covering it in several levels of passive-aggression.

If a GM closes a thread, that's not a reason to escalate the debate in private.

Don't call people "gammas".

It's not against the rules to share your private communications with other people, but it's still kind of a dick move.