Blaster or Corruptor?

Gregg247

On the Live game, I had a Trick Arrow/Archery Defender who was okay to play (I've never liked playing Defenders, but this one was passable).  I really liked the character concept, though, so I recently recreated this alt as an Archery/Trick Arrow Corruptor.  He's fine.  I just recently learned that Blasters now have the option of an Archery/Tactical Arrow character (Paragon Wiki doesn't list this combination).

Here's my question:  Which is more fun to play for A/TA, as a Corruptor or as a Blaster?  I assume the Blaster does more damage, but does the Corruptor have more survivability?  It appears that the secondary power sets are really similar, but maybe Corruptors have some inherent survival strength over Blasters.  Right now, my Corruptor is a little blah.  I have a couple of other Corruptors that are more fun to play (and do more exciting attacks/damage).

I love corruptors, but for this combination, I'd go blaster. TA just doesn't have any buffs for yourself or the group on a corruptor. There is some -res, which is nice on a team, but I think you'll find that a blaster will be more fun to play as the damage will be higher.

While Blasters do help mostly through improving clear speeds for the group, there's also a good amount of soft control and debuffs going around. With every hit you may be dispensing -Hit, slows, knockdown, -recharge ... it may not be as high a value as on a defender or corruptor's especially when applying -regen and -resist, but there's no denying that it's there.

With Tactical Arrow, while it's fairly self-buffing, Flash (usable pre-battle), ESD (area hold + drain) and Glue (slow/caltrop-panic/-recharge) Arrows are particularly debilitating affairs that will do a real number on whatever you're facing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later

If you look in the Defender forum, you'll see that many people think Trick Arrow is underpowered and that then Tactical Arrow has the same powers, the Tactical Arrow version is strictly better. If these people are to be belied (their figures do make sense on paper), Defender or Corrupter Trick Arrow is something you should play if you are very sure that is what you want to play. Otherwise go Blaster Tactical Arrow.