Enhancements or lack there of

coolfrost28

ive been playing coh for 5 days since it has come back up.i have notice that im not getting any kind of enhancement drops from missions or task forces and if i do its like 4 or 5 every 4 or 5 hours.i know they used to drop way more fequently then that when i used to play,thats how some of he influence making was.if you could address the situation it would be most appreciated because at this rate without the drops we wont be upgrading very mush at all.thank you

That's not been my experience at all. I get drops all the time. I did 4 strike forces yesterday and had about 25 enhancements to sell after about 3 1/2 hours of play.

Are you experiencing weird drop rates like this on all your characters or just 1?

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

I've not experienced this either. What kind of gaming are you doing? Contact Missions? AE farming? Task Forces? Street Sweeping? Let's narrow this down to some controlled variables to see what' might be bugged, if anything.

I'm out.

posi 1 and 2 not got enhancements at all somr door missions its not all misions or tfs just some like if i do a dfb ill get enhancement drops all day but there are some tfs and missions that do not drop anything but salvage or recipes,,i play on excelcier maybe its different on other servers but thats what im experiencing and its not just me.

I'm actually playing on Excelsior as well and not seeing this. I'm also not doing posi's TF since I'm on a villain. The thing to do is make a list of the places and missions you suspect might be bugged. Maybe we can identify some problem. For instance maybe it's like "level 16-17 outcasts don't drop enhancements." Weirder things have happened. There was an incident where a lot of people said they never saw lts in missions and others swore they did. What had happened was the encounter tables for about 12 groups had gotten corrupted and whenever a mission used a "spawn a group here" command a lt would never spawn. But, any lts placed by hand in the mission were there, which was "proving" that spawns weren't broken. Well, I'm the one who figured this bug out after a mish where I only had 5 lts the whole time and every one of them had dialog! So while I'm inclined to think it's just bad RNG, it might be an i25 bug.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

You know I had this issue on my Brute when I created him.  He was Villain at the time.  I was getting very few drops at all.  I swapped over to hero at I think 15ish so I could work on Atlas Medallion accolade.  Since swapping to Hero my drops have been fine.  Now I don't know if your character having this issue is a villain or not,  but my suggestion would be to go to Pocket D and swap alignments via Null the Gull. (Bird on the truck redside of pocket d) Make sure you have no active story arcs before you swap, just to prevent losing any progress/contact.  Swap to the opposite alignment do a paper/radio mission or three to see if the drops have gotten better.  Then swap back to your original alignment and keep track of your drops.

Oh I should note that this character went through the old tutorial (Breakout) instead of the new Galaxy City one.  May or may not have played a part.

Ok Yeah I think something is wrong with being a Villain/Rogue.  Or maybe its redside missions.  I just swapped my Brute back to reside as a Rogue and i've done 5 paper missions and zero drops.  Only recipes for mission complete and tips.  No Enhancements no Salvage no recipes from mobs.

What level are you, when not getting drops?

After hitting 27/28 I started to get more drops than before.  Nothing like I was getting on Blueside where 'd have multiple trays of enhancements after 4 or 5 missions, but I was getting drops.

• Retired Game Master

I will confirm with the devs if there is a concurrent issue with the drop system - as on red team i didnt get many enchants while leveling, but took it as bad luck. Will investigate.

hexapixel_alpha.png

just jumping on this, did a few dfbs 2 days ago and gotg loads of enhancement drops, been teaming today and yesterday, mainly the new regulators arcs, steel arcs (laura whatsit and museum guy) and a posi 1 and got 1 enhancement drop

Adding another data-point, since I've spent the last couple of days leveling my red-side character (For checking purposes, it's Kaikara. A currently-25 Rogue KM/Bio Stalker from Torchbearer)…

I have noticed that she seems to get less frequent drops of all kinds than my similar blue-side character. Kai's rate of collecting salvage, recipes and enhancements over the course of normal solo play hasn't been zero, but it's been lower than what I saw with Anut (a currently-32 Claws/Bio Stalker on Everlasting. Both being almost exclusively soloed and the same AT eliminates any possibility that the difference is the result of playstyle-).

That's been a little troublesome from a "building resources" point of view, given that merit rewards for villain mission arcs also tend to be lower than they are on the hero side.

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

I'll add that my highest level character Erinisa on Torchbearer, has not seen a single Enhancement drop since around lvl 38 and is now nearly lvl 44. Mostly been running story arc missions solo via Ouroboros, but thats exactly what I was running before and they were still dropping. Recipies, salvage and insperations all drop fine, but no enhancements at all, not even 1.

I'll chime in and say that I rarely seen enhancement drops either.  This is from running normal missions, mostly.  I'm on Indomitable and I may get an enhancement or two per mission, sometimes not any.  It's hard to build up the influence needed for keeping my character fairly enhanced when nothing is dropping to use or sell.  I'm at level 17 right now, btw.

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior