Most and least played power sets/archetypes?

We haven't had any info shared about powersets, but there was an announcement a little over a week ago with numbers for archetypes.

[*]Here’s a rundown of the Archetypes people are playing; Widows still aren’t seeing much love =(  :

• 6,340 Brutes (+1)
  • 6,064 Masterminds (+1)
  • 5,996 Blasters (-2)
  • 5,413 Scrappers
  • 4,177 Controllers
  • 3,765 Tankers
  • 3,296 Defenders
  • 2,920 Corruptors
  • 2,432 Sentinels
  • 2,159 Dominators
  • 1,702 Stalkers
  • 777 Peacebringers
  • 740 Arachnos Soldiers (+1)
  • 709 Warshades (-1)
  • 508 Arachnos Widows

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison!
Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers | Telepathy | Symphonic Inspiration | Light Affinity | Force Shield
Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah

I suspect that, due to complexity and later maturation in the leveling process, AT's like warshades are less frequent. They really need keybinds and a good understanding of just how powerfully they scale to harness their true capability. That said, my Warshade is my favorite AT, and I had to unlock it the old fashioned way a decade ago, by hitting 50.

I suspect that, due to complexity and later maturation in the leveling process, AT's like warshades are less frequent. They really need keybinds and a good understanding of just how powerfully they scale to harness their true capability. That said, my Warshade is my favorite AT, and I had to unlock it the old fashioned way a decade ago, by hitting 50.

Stuff like this makes me want to focus my time on my Villain Warshade just to be in that elite few.

If you roll a villain warshade or peacebringer, do you escape the quantum spawns?

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

I think there are three major reasons there aren't more Khelds and Arachnos alts:

Number 1 is that while they can be awesome in the right hands with the right slotting (in fact Crabs can rival Fire Blasters in terms of damage output if they get deep into slotting purples), they're not the "Best in Class" for any role. Need a burly body to lead the charge? Well, a Kheld can do it, but most people will look to Tankers or Brutes first. Need a solid damage dealer? or control? or support? Someone else always comes in first, and often the Epic ATs aren't even in the top 3 list. So people evaluating based on a sets raw power will tend to stay away from them.

Number 2 is that they come pre-baked with a story and who they are. Meaning I can have a Dark/Dark Defender who's a Mad Scientist plumbing the depths of Things Man Was Not Meant to Know, or a Dark/Dark Defender who is the Vengeance Spirit back to inflict a terrible Justice on the Evil Doers who put them in the ground. Khelds and Arachnos? Sure you can have some backstory for them but where they get their powers from and what their overall story is are more constrained than with any other AT. So people who are looking for RP in their MMORPG won't make as many of them.

Number 3 though is the biggest one and it's simply that it's not fair to compare them to an entire AT which has lots of different sets which can be combined to generate a ton of alts. Does my Kin/Rad Defender play anything like my Emp/Dark or my FF/NRG? Nope - each is radically different. With the Epic ATs though you get 1 primary and 1 second only. It's really more fair to ask how many Night Widows there are compared to Claws/SR Scrappers. Probably still more Scrappers for reasons 1 and 2, but I bet the numbers are a lot closer.

Before retail server shutdown, I made a list of every alt I had. Across all the servers there were 182 of them (not counting the ones I'd deleted before the shutdown notice). Of those there were maybe 8 of the Epic ATs. So a very small percentage, but then I only had 1 Emp/Dark, and 1 Illusion/Kin, so that's an even smaller percentage isn't it?

I think there are three major reasons there aren't more Khelds and Arachnos alts:

Number 1 is that while they can be awesome in the right hands with the right slotting (in fact Crabs can rival Fire Blasters in terms of damage output if they get deep into slotting purples), they're not the "Best in Class" for any role. Need a burly body to lead the charge? Well, a Kheld can do it, but most people will look to Tankers or Brutes first. Need a solid damage dealer? or control? or support? Someone else always comes in first, and often the Epic ATs aren't even in the top 3 list. So people evaluating based on a sets raw power will tend to stay away from them.

Number 2 is that they come pre-baked with a story and who they are. Meaning I can have a Dark/Dark Defender who's a Mad Scientist plumbing the depths of Things Man Was Not Meant to Know, or a Dark/Dark Defender who is the Vengeance Spirit back to inflict a terrible Justice on the Evil Doers who put them in the ground. Khelds and Arachnos? Sure you can have some backstory for them but where they get their powers from and what their overall story is are more constrained than with any other AT. So people who are looking for RP in their MMORPG won't make as many of them.

Number 3 though is the biggest one and it's simply that it's not fair to compare them to an entire AT which has lots of different sets which can be combined to generate a ton of alts. Does my Kin/Rad Defender play anything like my Emp/Dark or my FF/NRG? Nope - each is radically different. With the Epic ATs though you get 1 primary and 1 second only. It's really more fair to ask how many Night Widows there are compared to Claws/SR Scrappers. Probably still more Scrappers for reasons 1 and 2, but I bet the numbers are a lot closer.

Before retail server shutdown, I made a list of every alt I had. Across all the servers there were 182 of them (not counting the ones I'd deleted before the shutdown notice). Of those there were maybe 8 of the Epic ATs. So a very small percentage, but then I only had 1 Emp/Dark, and 1 Illusion/Kin, so that's an even smaller percentage isn't it?

Greetings fellow CoH'er! I must say, I'm just thrilled we can play together and have these kinds of discussions as well! Well thought out post, but I would definitely put my money on a Warshade as one of the most powerful, being able to hit 85-90% resist all, +200-300% damage output, 2-3 pets in all the time, self heal/end recover, tank mode if I get bored, friend/zone teleport... The list goes on.

The reactions I get are giggle inducing when I step in to teams and begin to wreck shop, to teleport people across maps, take over to protect the tank, run maps invisibly, and generally just have no limits. Granted, tanks, blasters and scraps can get 10% higher potential within their classes, but slotted and keybound properly, the Warshade is truly epic.

Greetings fellow CoH'er! I must say, I'm just thrilled we can play together and have these kinds of discussions as well! Well thought out post, but I would definitely put my money on a Warshade as one of the most powerful, being able to hit 85-90% resist all, +200-300% damage output, 2-3 pets in all the time, self heal/end recover, tank mode if I get bored, friend/zone teleport... The list goes on.

The reactions I get are giggle inducing when I step in to teams and begin to wreck shop, to teleport people across maps, take over to protect the tank, run maps invisibly, and generally just have no limits. Granted, tanks, blasters and scraps can get 10% higher potential within their classes, but slotted and keybound properly, the Warshade is truly epic.

While true, it also takes a lot of busy work to maintain that status quo. You're constantly shifting forms, trying to keep your Double Mire and Eclipse going. Spamming your pets when possible etc.

A lot of people just prefer the path of less resistance. an Elec/Shield brute or Scrapper just runs up, uses a few powers and calls it a day. Non-Khelds are also much clearer in what you need to build for.

So I just chalk it up to ease of use. Warshades have a very high ceiling, but it takes a lot of effort. However, I am totally find with that, in fact I like it! I find all the form shifting and buff managing quite enjoyable, but I'm a guy who likes micro.

If you roll a villain warshade or peacebringer, do you escape the quantum spawns?

You can't "roll a villain warshade" (or a villain peacebringer, for that matter). Those archetypes are forced to start blueside and can only switch alignments later.

You actually kinda can.  Roll a Kheldian.  Run to KR and  go to Pocket D before starting any missions and talk to Null.  Have him change your Alignment to Villain or Rogue.  Go back out to Port Oakes, then to Mercy.  Start Kuzmin's arc like any other new villain.  Voila.  Works for VEATs too.

...doesn't stop Voids and Quantums from spawning on Kheldians though.

EATs have a few build options, with access to more powers per set than regular archetypes.

That being said, there are only 6 power set options across all 4 EATs, which means that across all 4 EATs there are less build options than for Masterminds, the class with the least options available to it.

Always happy to answer questions in game, typically hanging around Help.
Global is @Zolgar, and tends to be tagged in Help.