Echo: Atlas Park Badge Guide

xyzzysqrl

I'm cross-posting this from the Badge Patrol thread because it's probably more helpful to have it standalone than it is to have it buried halfway down that thread. Going through Ouroboros to "Echo: Atlas Park" takes you to a zone that was not in the version of CoH on the live servers and therefore is not on Paragon Wiki. I offer this guide to help find those pesky Exploration badges in this zone.

Trustworthy:

The large green crystal in the MAGI office, /loc -129.2 -783.8 -805.4

Trustworthy text:  "Mystics all over the world entrust MAGI with powerful artifacts."

Knowledgeable:

In the GIFT office, between the third and fourth rows of bookshelves. /loc 43.4 -783.8 -1000.8

Knowledgeable text:  "Although the human genome was mapped out by many of the scientific community's brightest men and women, this library documents scores of super power related anomalies that continue to baffle genetic experts around the world."

Virtuous:

Feet of the statue in Promethous Park's lake. (Thank you, EmperorSteele!)

/loc 965.1 -26.7 -753.7

Virtuous text:  "Throughout Atlas Park and the rest of Paragon City there are numerous statues of heroes who fell in battle while defending their beliefs."

Rookie:

Base of the stairs out of the Atlas Park plaza, where a new character would spawn. /loc 127.4 0.3 -111.3

Rookie text: "Newly registered heroes in Paragon City often start out in Atlas Park, where they can speak with more established heroes to receive advice and guidance."

Condemned:

There's a brown brick building 289 yards NE of the Atlas Plaza marker, the badge is on the overhanging roof above a pair of

double-doors on this building. /loc -543.0 15.8 -900.3

Condemned text: "The properties along Miller Street have been condemned and will be demolished and replaced with new attractions within a few years."

Resilient:

102 yards east of the marker for Hyperion Way, there's a tall boxy chunky piece of modern art sitting in a downstairs area. Climb those boxes and the badge sits on the topmost box. /loc -1471.4 56.8 -564.0

Resilient text: "This monument was built by a local artist with materials scavenged after the first Rikti invasion. Having wrought creation from destruction, it reaches skyward to represent Paragon City's unbroken spirit."

Out of Harm's Way:

264 yards North of the Promethous Park marker, in an east-west traffic tunnel/underpass. /loc 1150.1 0.0 -1597.5

Out of Harm's Way text: "When the Rikti invaded, their drop ships scattered bombs from every corner of the sky. Tunnels like this one were strong enough to withstand the blasts."

City Traveler:

Inside the Paragon Transit Station, in the west alcove. /loc 581.5 74.0 -1363.4

City Traveler text: "Whether transporting heroes on their way to a mission or civilians to their homes, the Paragon Transit Authority has a record of efficiency and safety second to none."

Note - City Traveler is spelled "City Traveller" on the Unknown metabadge before receiving it.

For completing all of these, I specifically got the "Walked Down Memory Lane" badge.

Walked Down Memory Lane text: "You've obtained this Accolade by earning every Exploration badge within Echo: Atlas Park."

You can also get the Accolade badge "The Constant" if you have every badge in both the current and Echo Atlas Park. (Thank you, ElDee.)

The Constant text: " Villains, heroes, time travel, trans-dimensional wars... Come what may, in an ever-changing multiverse, you are The Constant which remains unchanged."

I hope this guide helps everyone out there tour Echo: Atlas Park and maybe find some familiar old haunts. If it really helped you, drop an in-game email to @xyzzysqrl and let me know.

Happy badging!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 14

The Constant is an Accolade for collecting every exploration badge in both Atlas Park and Echo: Atlas Park.

Also, the Condemned badge eluded me for literally hours of searching over the weekend. I must have landed on every single surface in the zone except the one with the badge on it. Thank you!

The Constant is an Accolade for collecting every exploration badge in both Atlas Park and Echo: Atlas Park.

Also, the Condemned badge eluded me for literally hours of searching over the weekend. I must have landed on every single surface in the zone except the one with the badge on it. Thank you!

Updated the post to reflect what "The Constant" is.

You're welcome, I'm just glad this helped!

I literally spent two hours... not even exaggerating, gliding over rooftops and flying through alleyways.  Calls for TF's I would otherwise be interested in flickered by irrelevantly in the left corner of my eye... I was on a mission: I had found badges GOOGLE DIDN'T KNOW EXISTED!  MUST FIND MOOORE.  It was extremely exhilarating to discover new badges.  I shared what I had found and within a few moments, three stranger badgers were all tied in Echo Atlas: ... at three. I loved it.  I hope there is somehow a way to add more, with accompanying lore.  Anyway, I was eventually vectored to this thread and found xyzzysqrl's guide to fill in the last ones.  Thank you!

I literally spent two hours... not even exaggerating, gliding over rooftops and flying through alleyways.  Calls for TF's I would otherwise be interested in flickered by irrelevantly in the left corner of my eye... I was on a mission: I had found badges GOOGLE DIDN'T KNOW EXISTED!  MUST FIND MOOORE.  It was extremely exhilarating to discover new badges.  I shared what I had found and within a few moments, three stranger badgers were all tied in Echo Atlas: ... at three. I loved it.  I hope there is somehow a way to add more, with accompanying lore.  Anyway, I was eventually vectored to this thread and found xyzzysqrl's guide to fill in the last ones.  Thank you!

I sorta know how you feel, because after I was done with this guide I was sort of hoping I could find more zones that weren't on the Live server to go badging in.

Does anyone know if Khalisti Wharf has badges?

You can go to Kallisti. It's a giant zone. It just has no NPCs or mission or enemies or anything like life. It's pretty death.

Put into practice that which cannot be thought

Badges: Victory: 1345 Homecoming: 1596
Discord: Blue Jay#2187

❤️

Bluejays are fierce!

With /loc, I can tell you my exact coordinates on the digital map, yes. But I do not seem to understand how to use coordinates for navigation. I never have. I'm wondering what to do with known coordinates, so far as they help me find in this case sweet shiny badges.

Put into practice that which cannot be thought

Badges: Victory: 1345 Homecoming: 1596
Discord: Blue Jay#2187

❤️

Bluejays are fierce!

With /loc, I can tell you my exact coordinates on the digital map, yes. But I do not seem to understand how to use coordinates for navigation. I never have. I'm wondering what to do with known coordinates, so far as they help me find in this case sweet shiny badges.

To best intuit how the coordinates work, it helps to do some hands-on experimentation:

[*]Make a macro of the /loc command, so you don't have to keep typing it.

[*]Find a flat, quiet area to stand in.  Check /loc to get your coordinates.

[*]Move directly in one of the four cardinal directions — north, south, east, or west — for several steps and check /loc again.  Note which part of the coordinate changed, and in which direction.

[*]Move directly perpendicular to your previous movement (e.g., if you moved north previously, now move east) and check /loc once more.  Again, note which coordinate changed, and in which direction.

[*]Jump (or fly) straight up and hit that /loc macro while in midair.  Once more, note which coordinate changed, and in which direction.

By understanding how the change/difference in values in the coordinates translate into general directions, you can then adjust your position to line up with the target coordinates, one axis at a time.  ("hmm, my x-coord is slightly higher than the x-coord of my target, while my z-coord is way lower than the target's z-coord; that means I need to go east a little bit, then south a whole lot")

You might also find this ParagonWiki page useful in visualizing how the coordinates work.

• Thanks 1

Guess I'm a Linux guinea pig

I feel as if I've gone completely stupid. I can access the missions list in Ouroboros, but I haven't the slightest idea how to find Echo: Atlas Park. What am I missing??

Go to the Ouroboros portal on the back of the Citadel area by the medi-portals.

Original Server(s): Infinity & Justice