are there any secondaries that pair particularly well with Water?

Android Nim

Water is mostly about stacking tidal power to enhance skills that consume it. I think it pairs well with sets that speed up your ability to do that by giving +recharge. Kin and rad are good choices. Go with kin if you want to buff team speed and damage, or go with rad if you want to debuff enemies.

On live I had a Water/Dark Corr - it was a lot of fun and very good at soft control and damage.

I decided on Water/Kin this go around because... well... I wanted a /kin hahaha.

Water is a pretty good set that seems to do well with most Corr secondaries, but I think excels when paired with dark, time, radiation, kin, and storm.

I'm running Water/Cold Corr right now and really enjoy it. The KD effects are really great combined with the slows from Cold, it keeps groups massed pretty often. And when you finally have Whirlpool and Sleet Storm, you will see more scourge ticks than you thought possible just from those. All around /Cold provides you with a good amount of buff, debuff, and even damage powers that synergize well with what Water offers.

I've got a few others I rolled with Water primary, but Cold ended up being the one I stuck with.

Also worth mentioning that /Cold has defensive and one resist power, which works really good for slotting Luck of the Gambler 7.5% recharges, and Aegis 3% def globals.

On live I had a Water/Dark Corr - it was a lot of fun and very good at soft control and damage.

I decided on Water/Kin this go around because... well... I wanted a /kin hahaha.

Water is a pretty good set that seems to do well with most Corr secondaries, but I think excels when paired with dark, time, radiation, kin, and storm.

Since Water has an attack + regen ability I would say /storm and /cold are the best pairings. Works theme wise as well. /kin's heal is huge so the attack wouldn't be as much of a priority.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

I actually decided against /kin and decided instead to make a Water Sentinel. I don't like to repeat powers and was having more fun with the Sentinel than I was the Corruptor.

Water's "heal" is meh especially when taking in activation time. If I were to re-roll another Water character it would be either Water + Dark or Water + Nature.

Since Water has an attack + regen ability I would say /storm and /cold are the best pairings. Works theme wise as well. /kin's heal is huge so the attack wouldn't be as much of a priority.

It may be just me, but I've noticed with Water's heal that the power continues to heal after you've already used other attacks or powers. The initial hit is all it needs, you can cancel into other powers without having to wait it out.

I love that heal, saved my life a few times over.