Can Dominators Farm Well?

Flat Line

I'm not sure where the current benchmarks are for Dominators. I suspect the AT doesn't farm as well as Brutes, Fire/Kin Controllers, or Blasters, but that's merely a hunch. 

Fire/Psi Dominator was known to be a decent farmer back in the day but I'm not sure how it holds up on today's Fire farms. I dont think it was ever truly competitive with Fire/Kin Controller.

1 hour ago, oedipus_tex said:

I'm not sure where the current benchmarks are for Dominators. I suspect the AT doesn't farm as well as Brutes, Fire/Kin Controllers, or Blasters, but that's merely a hunch. 

Fire/Psi Dominator was known to be a decent farmer back in the day but I'm not sure how it holds up on today's Fire farms. I dont think it was ever truly competitive with Fire/Kin Controller.

I just installed homecoming this week and quit live before the final issue was released so I may not be the best expert. However when I was playing I felt that my plant/fire/ice dom was a much better performer than my fire/kin/earth controller in many situations. Controllers typically do fire or smashing/lethal enemy farms  depending on what mastery shield they took while my dom was mostly enemy agnostic.

I think that ice mastery for doms is generally more damaging mastery between fire and ice. Fire mastery gives you extra aoe attacks and ice mastery gives less aoe but gives access to one of the better debuffs in the game. The -res in freezing damage multiplies ALL damage for both you and your team.  Bosses melt much faster with freezing rain applied. 

Seeds is a pretty OP power late game with purple io set and extra range from slotting or incarnate abilities.  It can confuse a massive spawn and the purple Proc can get additional enemies. Also the power recharges quicker than most of the other hard control powers.  Seeds, in a round about way, adds to your damage because the confused mobs allow you to drop the group faster. 

I’m trying to level up my plant/fire again so we’ll what it can do in the late game with the different changes such as permasnipe. 

Edited by noogens

Villain Plan by Mids' Villain Designer 1.962
http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Technology Dominator
Primary Power Set: Fire Control
Secondary Power Set: Earth Assault
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Fire Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Char -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(3), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), Apc-Acc/Rchg(5), Apc-Dam%(5)
Level 1: Stone Spears -- HO:Nucle(A)
Level 2: Stone Mallet -- CrsImp-Acc/Dmg(A), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx(7), CrsImp-Dmg/Rchg(7), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9)
Level 4: Tremor -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(11), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(11), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), Obl-%Dam(15)
Level 6: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), UnbLea-Stlth(15)
Level 8: Hot Feet -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(17), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(17), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19)
Level 10: Boxing -- HO:Nucle(A)
Level 12: Flashfire -- AbsAmz-Stun(A), AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(25), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(25), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(27), AbsAmz-ToHitDeb%(27)
Level 14: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(31), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(31), UnbGrd-Max HP%(31), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(43), StdPrt-ResKB(45)
Level 16: Weave -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(29), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(29)
Level 18: Cinders -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(33), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(33), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(33)
Level 20: Heavy Mallet -- CrsImp-Acc/Dmg(A), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx(34), CrsImp-Dmg/Rchg(34), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36)
Level 22: Power Boost -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(36)
Level 26: Bonfire -- OvrFrc-Dam/KB(A), HO:Nucle(48), HO:Nucle(48), HO:Nucle(50)
Level 28: Seismic Smash -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(36), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Hct-Acc/Rchg(37), Hct-Dam%(37)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)
Level 32: Fire Imps -- ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(A), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(39), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(39)
Level 35: Rain of Fire -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(46), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(48), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(50), PstBls-Dam%(50)
Level 38: Fissure -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(40), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(40), Rgn-Knock%(42)
Level 41: Fire Ball -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(42), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(42), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(43), PstBls-Dam%(43)
Level 44: Fire Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(45), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(45), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(46), GldArm-3defTpProc(46)
Level 47: Smoke -- HO:Lyso(A)
Level 49: Rise of the Phoenix -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Domination 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(23), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(23)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(21), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc(21)
------------

15 hours ago, Waypoint said:

Plant/Martial, with the right build, can fire farm pretty easily. The upcoming buff to Trick Shot will make it even better.

Where can one find the list of upcoming changes? I had read somewhere that Hurl Bolder for Stone Assault was getting a buff?