99 Cor Problems

Silvanthis

And they're all about power choices. So I have a spine/fire farmer, I wanted to get a Cor farmer going, just to change things up from melee to ranged. I'm torn between the following

Water/Dark (I love the idea of having a pet that can also debuff/heal)

Fire/Dark

Fire/Storm

Water/Storm

I was also thinking /time would be good, but that's a set I have not touched.

If you have other build ideas let me know!

Sooo, this is my kinda thread.   Water/storm is the best farmer out of that bunch.  Fire does not have any sustain options, so to keep your head above water you’ll have to slot entropic heal proc in several abilities and use temporary power med pack.  That is even with 45% def/75% res.  And even then you will still have it rough. 

Water however has dehydrate, which is really versatile.  Spiritual + tidal forces + even just 1 heal enhancement can really turn this into a strong heal.  Water’s constant knockup and slow abilities provides strong mitigation, and plenty of opportunity to get the most out of dehydrate’s HoT.   Plus you can throw damage exotic damage procs into this ability to make up for the heal enhancement slotting. If you need more heal you can still throw an entropic in it too. 

Other reasons I prefer water over fire in this pairing is whirlpool + ice storm provides a heavy slow ( especially with spiritual ), and keeps all the mobs in one area.  Whirlpool does a lot of damage as well. 

Lastly, it’s the strongest option to get the most out of procs.  Which, while not as powerful as fire’s all out damage, it does serve to close the gap enough to where the difference is negligible. A dead MOB is a dead MOB regardless, and often, fire’s superior damage is overkill anyway.   The thing I miss most from fire is blazing bolt, but water jet procc’d out and using tidal forces for double cast, would likely out dps the former. 

On the topic of dark - that pet won’t last five seconds On a farm map.  And dark has considerably less damage than the other two options, not just in #’s but in the difference between area of effects.  

Edited by natewest1987

I wouldn't do a Corruptor at all.

Storm/Water Defender has a much easier time hitting the defensive marks while delivering equal or greater damage. Water/Fire/Fire Blaster can be built as a pure farmer (only Fire Def/Resist) and deliver more damage than a Corruptor.

While Dark and Time are solid sets, they're not even close to Storm in terms of damage output. Likewise, Water will outperform Fire (for AE) once you start slotting IO sets.

@Silvanthis I've bounced back to my fire/storm build.  I tinkered around a lot with water/storm a lot, but it really just felt like too much work for not enough damage, and to get the most out of it required a heavy investment in incarnates.  

If you’re still considering fire, here is how I overcame its issues with sustain & mitigation. 

So far it does not seem like that big of a damage trade off, but I slotted the scourging blast recharge/pbaoe heal into lightning storm, with entropic chaos % chance to heal.  I also put entropic in Blaze and Blazing Bolt.  Numinas +Hp/end in stamina.  

Results in 65 Hp Every Regen tick or so, plus up to 134 Hp per cast of lightning storm on about 20 second recharge.  Add in the 54 hp procs from blaze and blazing bolt.   Use temp healing med pack of you have to, but I haven’t needed to since making these changes. 

Did you have any luck on any of the other sets ? What did you end up doing ? 

By far and away the absolute best farming primary for ranged damage is very much so Ice Blast. It bypasses the target caps which no other ranged set does and it has constantly procing knockdowns which greatly aid in survivability. Seriously. It blows other sets out of the water for farming. Water is great in PvE with lesser groups but for farming like AE and major maps with amushes and tons of enemies, Ice will get the best utility. 

ICE/KIN CORRUPTOR is your best bet for a "farming corruptor." Ice storm a mob with ragnarok slotted into it with knockdown, then quickly fulcrum, and then unleash a devastating blizzard (even more knockdown!) is exceptionally powerful. For the rest of this duration, keep reapplying frost breath.

Edited by 3333053222

2 hours ago, 3333053222 said:

By far and away the absolute best farming primary for ranged damage is very much so Ice Blast. It bypasses the target caps which no other ranged set does and it has constantly procing knockdowns which greatly aid in survivability. Seriously. It blows other sets out of the water for farming. Water is great in PvE with lesser groups but for farming like AE and major maps with amushes and tons of enemies, Ice will get the best utility. 

ICE/KIN CORRUPTOR is your best bet for a "farming corruptor." Ice storm a mob with ragnarok slotted into it with knockdown, then quickly fulcrum, and then unleash a devastating blizzard (even more knockdown!) is exceptionally powerful. For the rest of this duration, keep reapplying frost breath.

So I actually have tested an ice/kin vs fire/kin for farming times in AEs at +4x8. The fire/kin is actually faster due to the higher damage and all the dots (not to mention how good fireball is for AoE). It is more chaotic though as mobs run around a lot more. Both work well, but fire is the clear winner. As for kinetics, it also isn't the absolute quickest farmer, yes you can get yourself to the damage cap easily, but in an AE farm you can just keep eating inspirations and so storm wins out here. The one problem with this is you need to keep restocking up on reds in between missions, cutting into your farming efficiency and I have not calculated the difference including this. Best way to figure this out would be to just farm solidly on both kin and storm for an hour and see which one wins out, but I have yet to do this. I do know that storm will have a faster overall clear time without the restocking time included.

The problem with a fire/storm corruptors though is that it doesn't have a heal which a corruptors needs even in farms as you'd need red and greens to make it efficient and I don't think you could enough of both. Which means you'd want to either go with primary with a decent heal and good aoe or a damaging/buffing secondary. Thus the best farming corruptor would probably be something like a water/storm (water has a decent heal with a lowish CD), but I'm not sure. The benefit of a ice blast corruptors for farming is that all the -speed and -recharge adds up allowing you to need less heals, so maybe a ice/storm would work, but I still know you'd need reds and some greens, just not sure how many.

Edited by Darkir

6 hours ago, Darkir said:

So I actually have tested an ice/kin vs fire/kin for farming times in AEs at +4x8. The fire/kin is actually faster due to the higher damage and all the dots (not to mention how good fireball is for AoE). It is more chaotic though as mobs run around a lot more. Both work well, but fire is the clear winner. As for kinetics, it also isn't the absolute quickest farmer, yes you can get yourself to the damage cap easily, but in an AE farm you can just keep eating inspirations and so storm wins out here. The one problem with this is you need to keep restocking up on reds in between missions, cutting into your farming efficiency and I have not calculated the difference including this. Best way to figure this out would be to just farm solidly on both kin and storm for an hour and see which one wins out, but I have yet to do this. I do know that storm will have a faster overall clear time without the restocking time included.

The problem with a fire/storm corruptors though is that it doesn't have a heal which a corruptors needs even in farms as you'd need red and greens to make it efficient and I don't think you could enough of both. Which means you'd want to either go with primary with a decent heal and good aoe or a damaging/buffing secondary. Thus the best farming corruptor would probably be something like a water/storm (water has a decent heal with a lowish CD), but I'm not sure. The benefit of a ice blast corruptors for farming is that all the -speed and -recharge adds up allowing you to need less heals, so maybe a ice/storm would work, but I still know you'd need reds and some greens, just not sure how many.

Yeaaah, I’m not seeing the ice/kinetics appeal.  I only tried it with Ice/time, and it was one of the quickest turn arounds for me to drop a char.  This was before I started messing around on test, so I pl’d that thing to 50 just to archive it, almost immediately.  

If if you’re interested in farming corruptors, you may wanna give fire/storm another try.  In above post I mentioned using entropic heal proc in blazing bolt, paired with entropic AND scourging blast’s heal/end proc in lightning storm.  It has been far more successful than my water/storm variants.  It will probably never be able to pull ice/fire blaster times, but I think it may be the quickest corruptor farmer I’ve came across.  Water/storm is nice, but personally feels a lot less effective post PPM changes.   I was all about it for a minute, until I found a way to play fire/storm without faceplanting