Tell me about Assassin's focus

Shred Monkey

I'm looking for some real numbers here...

I've read that normal attacks have a chance to add assassin's focus, up to 3 max.  I've also read that Powers with longer recharge times have a much higher chance to apply assassin's focus (Is this right? I expected it to be based on cast time, not recharge time). 

Does anyone have the actual numbers on the % chance to apply assassin's focus for various powers?   Or a formula to calculate it?

Thanks,

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

According to the in game text on the the power.

Hitting enemies with Stalker primary damaging powers, other than Assassin's Strike, can grant you a stack of Assassin's Focus. Each stack lasts for 10 seconds and will increase Assassin's Strike's critical hit chance by 33.3% when you're not hidden.

Just trying a stalker for a change and seeing 3 stacks quite often with just the first 2 attack powers so seems to be pretty easy to get but not sure of the exact percentage chance. 

'can' means 'does'.

1 in-set attack, 1 charge of stalker's focus. first one gives 33% chance of critical with AS, 2nd one gives 66% chance, 3rd one gives 100% chance of critical AS.
regardless of whether or not it crits, using assassin's strike as a regular melee attack expends all focus charges.

in set attacks are attacks that come from your primary. attacks from the secondary and pol attacks do not count. I don't think epic attacks count either, but I could be wrong.

I'm not asking for the % chance to critical hit.  I'm asking for the % chance to apply an assassin's focus using a regular in-set attack.   For example, when I use thunder kick I see that it applies a stack of assassin's focus around 75% of the time.  But that's a rough guess.  I'm asking if anyone has done the data mining to know the exact % chance. 

When I'm high enough to get more powers I can do some data mining myself, but I was hoping someone already did the work.

Edited by Shred Monkey

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

Huh. you are right. I always thought focus was 100%, but after testing it on a bunch of croatoa numbskulls, it seems closer to 3 of 4. with my tier2 attack, and Parry only applies it about half the time.
Big Daddy Headsplitter has yet to NOT apply it after 40 hits, and the same is true of disembowel.

Edited by Frostweaver

Ah, I've found the problem. That icon is hidden when you select "Hide Autopowers". I always have that turned on to keep icons to a minimum. I wonder if the devs might consider making it not an "autopower" so it shows all the time?

3 hours ago, Overclock said:

Is that the unmodified Recharge time or does adding Recharge enhancements decrease the chance of the attack providing a stack of Assassin's Focus?

Unmodified.

The calculation is just to determine what the chance should be. The chance does not change dynamically with recharge rate like PPM enhancement procs.

It just is.