Ungodly FPS dips

Greb

Here is what I have posted on discord.

Here are the specs for the current PC I'm using:

Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 3867U 1.80GHz (2CPUs)

4GB Ram

Can't find the GPU on it.

Whenever I look at certain buildings I get a crazy FPS dip. Why do you think this would be happening?

65 fps looking in one direction

Spoiler

unknown.png

Then 9 looking a little to the left. Same street, different focal point:

Spoiler

unknown.png

I have tried -everything- under the sun. I have also tried it on 3 different computers, with various different specs, still happens.

I heard the the problem could be with the game disliking intel cpu's as all the three computers I played it on had that in common with them. (ironic because there's a sticker in the loading screen saying it runs great with intel.) 

The things I have tried out so far:

Messing with the compatibility of the exe for the game (ALL of them)

Turned particle physics quality off and max particles to the lowest it will go.

I have turned all the graphics down.

I have turned all the graphics all the way up.
I have turned AA off
I have tried every single resolution
I have removed every single pigg file and re-added them one by one to see which one was causing the problem (homecoming>> geobin_czv(has the whole map in it))
I have played it in safe mode
I have put my computer in safe mode and played it
I have played it on three different computers.
I have gone in to my regedit files, turned values from 0 to 1, 1 to 0 etc.
I have disabled hyperthreading, re-enabled hyperthreading, run it on 1 core, run it on 5
NOTHING has worked. PLease help.
Oh and my drivers are up to date (even though the game says it isn't

Edited by Greb

See this post.

5fps sounds like the issue with the PhysX lock being held that is still happening intermittently, though not as much as before the hard sync requirements with the main thread were removed.

Try setting your particle physics quality to medium or low and see if that clears it up.

7 minutes ago, Apparition said:

See this post.

I have found that tinkering with the particle physics slider to be of no help. It literally affects nothing. Unless you are talking about something that is outside of the game?

From what I recall, particle physics does not have an option such as high, medium or low. Just a set number, no? 
EDIT: Oh, I already had particles down to the lowest, and the quality was turned off (not even low, just off. So that's a no go)

Edited by Greb

If you have a second monitor (or other means) open the task manager and check GPU load and if you have a tool CPU/GPU Temps as you do this. 

Also good to check HD access - could be stalling while loading textures.

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

• 1 year later

Heya. I'm going to bump this post since nothing actually came of it. Maybe some fresh eyes on the matter and some time having past will yield results. Please help. I really love this game and would love to play it.

Have you managed to find out what your graphics card is yet?

If you don't have one then that's probably the problem. CoH's graphics are old but, you still shouldn't be using an onboard graphics chip. Especially on a laptop.

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

9 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Have you managed to find out what your graphics card is yet?

If you don't have one then that's probably the problem. CoH's graphics are old but, you still shouldn't be using an onboard graphics chip. Especially on a laptop.

That CPU does have Intel® HD Graphics 610 integrated graphics. The OP says he has ran it on 3 different computers, maybe he can say what the specs of the other computers are?

His computer seems to be quite low end to play this game. Even my computer from 2007 beats those specs. This seems to be a very low end machine to try to play this game.

What resolution are you trying to play the game at?

So far I have seen the occasional drop in FPS in CoH, no matter which system I run, but it is usually just for an instant, more a stutter than a real slowdown.

Assuming that OP is running on the HD610, then how much of the RAM has been reserved for the videocard? And what version of Windows? To me it sounds like the GPU is maybe running out of video memory and unable to load all the textures. This would then indeed make it wait for the storage constantly, and drop CPU and GPU usage.

The adventurous Space Janitor reporting for duty. Cleaning the universe since 1992 and Paragon City, the Rogue Isles and Praetoria since 2011.

BlueYellowRed.png.cffb9b692dd0484133ca1d9ee2c8c4ce.png

In that case I'd say that the best solution is to buy another computer. A desktop preferably, a cheap older laptop with an Nvidia graphics card, if that's all you can afford OP.

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

I recently had an issue with my cpu cooler going bad.  The framerate dropped quite a bit when moving around.  I replaced it and it was almost like getting a new computer.  

If you have a cpu temp monitor i suggest checking to see if you are getting thermal throttling.