Hero/Villain Merit problems.

Nixeras

It seems that hero and villain morality missions no longer give their respective hero/villain merits, and instead grant 20 reward merits. From another post here I can see that Rogue and Vigilante probably do too. As far as I can tell this makes it pointless to stay a hero or villain past flavor, because mechanically you're actually losing out on the ability to team up with anyone and gaining nothing.

I'm guessing hero and villain merits were removed from the game at some point, since when I checked the Botler in Fort Trident his shop was completely empty. It's possible that the reason the hero/villain to Reward merit conversion is in was so anyone with merits from before this change (Whenever that was) could still use any merits they had stockpiled.

As far as I remember Hero merits could be traded for purple recipes.

Not a bug, alignment merits have been mostly phased out in i25. Hero and villain morality missions give 50 reward merits, which can now be used to buy virtually everything; uncommon recipes are 20 merits, rare recipes 50, and purple recipes, PVP recipes, and attuned enhancements cost 100. Since reward merits do everything now, alignment merits only exist to be converted to and from reward merits at a rate of 1:50, to make it easier to email reward merits between characters.

Not a bug, alignment merits have been mostly phased out in i25. Hero and villain morality missions give 50 reward merits, which can now be used to buy virtually everything; uncommon recipes are 20 merits, rare recipes 50, and purple recipes, PVP recipes, and attuned enhancements cost 100. Since reward merits do everything now, alignment merits only exist to be converted to and from reward merits at a rate of 1:50, to make it easier to email reward merits between characters.

OK, I just did my second Hero morality mission on one character, and while the first one gave me 50 RMs, this one only granted 20.  Is that really WAI?

As far as I can see, they lowered Morality merit awards across the board - 20 per, no matter what alignment you're reinforcing.  Honestly can't argue with that, as 50 per reinforce with no tip cooldown made ignoring the market way too easy.

As far as I can see, they lowered Morality merit awards across the board - 20 per, no matter what alignment you're reinforcing.  Honestly can't argue with that, as 50 per reinforce with no tip cooldown made ignoring the market way too easy.

Here's my concern with it.  Used to be, Alignment Merits were the answer to the question, "Why should I bother playing a Hero/Villain as opposed to a Rogue/Vigilante?"  They payoff on their Morality missions was just better.

If they now all pay off the same, I'm not sure how to answer that question anymore.

I don't see what the problem is with people preferring the grayish alignments. It's an RP thing for some people. Let people do whatever content they want, it just makes more people available to group with.

There's a lot of things in this game where the current stance is now basically "don't bother with the busywork, do what you want." Like supergroup base items, no need to earn beacons or heal x damage to unlock a supercomputer. On the one hand you can have the reaction that this devalues some efforts; on the other hand you can say that you've done all that stuff a dozen times in the past and it's just annoying and unnecessary complication. I'm of the latter position. If people want to farm tip missions and get merits that way, fine, and it might as well be even across the board.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!