Various Powerset Soundmods

Posted (edited)

Long time no see!
I made a new soundpack: Arcade Street Justice. Kirby Super Star has some nice impact sound effects...
Edit: Quick note. This soundpack is still similar to base Street Justice. I think the powerset sounds pretty good already- it's just that a few of the impacts are underwhelming, so I made them louder, and emphasized the treble a bit to help the crunch cut through the action, then overlaid a few sound effects on top for some extra flair. The set will feel very similar, and sometimes the difference isn't immediately obvious, but I think it's an improvement overall.

Edited by Lithobraker

sweeet!

your update is greatly appreciated!

if its not too forward of me to make a request.....

got anything ummmmm crunchier for titan weapons in the pipeline?

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

11 hours ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

sweeet!

I'll definitely consider that, but it does mostly depend on whether I decide to make a TW character in the future or not.

You know, I'd love a YouTube video with the old and the new sound played side by side for comparison. There's no other way to browse the different sound effects?

//Jack

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well I have others.”

― Groucho Marx

I like Pew-Pew Beam Rifle, but it's too quiet for me. 

Never thought I'd say that...

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

If you are open to requests, I would love a mod that drastically reduces the volume of Peacebringer form toggles and Light Form, or alters their sounds to be more slick and whispery.

@dungeoness and @eloora on Excelsior

<Federation of United Cosmic Knights>

On 5/5/2024 at 3:57 AM, Saiyajinzoningen said:

sweeet!

I actually have started a Titan Weapons character since you asked for this, but I tried to make new sounds for it and couldn't really figure out anything that I liked better than the baseline.
I rather enjoy Titan Weapons sound effects as they are. Everything else I tried to make just didn't work.

On 5/6/2024 at 3:26 AM, Jack Power said:

You know, I'd love a YouTube video with the old and the new sound played side by side for comparison. There's no other way to browse the different sound effects?

//Jack

With how many sounds there are and my current level of motivation, I don't think this is really doable, at least for the moment.

On 5/6/2024 at 5:02 AM, Herotu said:

I like Pew-Pew Beam Rifle, but it's too quiet for me. 

Never thought I'd say that...

It's the same volume as the original sounds. I can't really make it louder, either, as it's basically clipping already.

3 hours ago, Dungeoness Eloora said:

If you are open to requests, I would love a mod that drastically reduces the volume of Peacebringer form toggles and Light Form, or alters their sounds to be more slick and whispery.

I might consider this at some point, but I'm not really one to do requests unless they happen to be something I want myself. So far, I haven't had any issues with Peacebringer sound effects.
This thread is mostly a place for me to post sound mods that I make for myself- so that other people can have them, if they want them.

3 minutes ago, Lithobraker said:

It's the same volume as the original sounds. I can't really make it louder, either, as it's basically clipping already.

I did that with my BangBangPistols mod. Isn't it weird how loud the files are?!

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

19 minutes ago, Herotu said:

I did that with my BangBangPistols mod. Isn't it weird how loud the files are?!

As someone who used to compose music, I don't it weird that non-musicians don't worry about sound levels.

45 minutes ago, Krimson said:

As someone who used to compose music, I don't it weird that non-musicians don't worry about sound levels.

Professional audio people surely know the deal tho, right? I mean ... I am one. I worked in TV.

4 minutes ago, Herotu said:

Professional audio people surely know the deal tho, right? I mean ... I am one. I worked in TV.

All "professional" means is that you get paid for what you do. It doesn't imply any level of skill.

Just now, Krimson said:

All "professional" means is that you get paid for what you do. It doesn't imply any level of skill.

That's true, but you know as well as I do that there's more to it than that. 

Posted (edited)

One more sound mod; this one replaces a few sounds that are shared by many Stone/Earth powersets with something a bit more rocky and crumbly.
Update: Shortened the tail end of the crumbling noises a bit to fit the animations a little better.

Edited by Lithobraker

I updated Powerful Electricity. Here's the changelog.
V3: Added a thunderous echo to Charged Bolts, Lightning Bolt, Zapp, Ball Lightning and Havoc Punch powers. Shortened the windup for Charged Bolts to improve sync with the visual effects.

I keep meaning to make some sound mods to replace the various melee weapon attack sounds (axe, dual blade, katana, broadsword) to sound more like they're hitting a person instead of scraping along aluminum siding.