Blzaing bolt repel

obx

Isn't repel a different effect than knockdown/knockback?  I should test that on Justin.

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

15 minutes ago, Rathulfr said:

Isn't repel a different effect than knockdown/knockback?  I should test that on Justin.

It won't work anyway. Blazing Blast doesn't allow you to slot KB sets into it. So you can't get rid of the repel even if KB->KD worked.

<edit> However, it does take universal damage sets. Just tested it with Overwhelming Force. While it doesn't negate the repel, it minimizes it a good bit, so they only go a LITTLE backwards. So it's an option, just not a great one.

Edited by WumpusRat
  • Thanks 1

Y'know.....

I actually LOVE that repel effect. Thanks to it Dark Ring mistresses can't stand up long enough to drop my toggles and murder me. Instead they get hit with a blazing blast knocking them on their heinies… followed by a blaze and a pyronic judgement. Allowing me to save my inspirations for those frikken Master Illusionists.

In fact there are any number of otherwise annoying mobs that are less so because my recharge amped blazing blasts keep them pinned to the wall.

I use overwhelming force KB/KD. The repel is a lot less and the knock up is good. I have actually been using it to knock minions or whoever closer to other minions in order to do an AoE. It's a small enough repel that you can easily predict when it will stop.