Rare Salvage AH

Blue Jay

Maybe it'll settle down. On the weekends was usually the only time having this problem. The cost has been at a stable 500K inf per. 450K during the week nights. Now it's upward for 600K-1m for a single piece of salvage. People fucking with something that was comfortable for me. I realize it's not game-breaking, but it is hard on the virtual wallet. I wanted to see if we could get it driven down a bit, for some pretty necessary salvage.

No mud no lotus

Badges: Victory: 1345 Homecoming: 1613
Discord: Blue Jay#2187

❤️

Bluejays are fierce!

I still believe it will go back down, but this surge is sticking around longer than usual. With the seeded market the buy it now price is effectively capped at 1 million. If it is indeed people trying to mess with the prices, they will eventually stop. There is too much supply to keep it up forever and there isn't enough profit in it for it to be worthwhile, especially considering the time investment something like that would require.

Of course I could be wrong and these prices may be closer to the new normal. If enough people that dumped their salvage for cheap have quit or become less active, then this could be a result.

10 minutes ago, MunkiLord said:

Of course I could be wrong and these prices may be closer to the new normal. If enough people that dumped their salvage for cheap have quit or become less active, then this could be a result.

To some degree, inflation is going to be a thing.  It's just the nature of the game when Influence is so much easier to earn than anything else.  HC has done a pretty good job keeping major upticks nipped in the bud, I feel like, with the various little tweaks they've made to how the market works, but all in all, the longer things go on, the more the cost of certain things is gonna slowly keep creeping upwards.

• Like 1

I follow this, and most market matters, pretty closely.  I do not believe that this is market manipulation but a natural response to the fact that fewer pieces of rare salvage are entering the market.

Where does rare salvage come from?  Offhand, I'd say random drops, AE tickets, brainstorm ideas, and people's storage.  There may be some missing sources I am not thinking about.

Where does rare salvage go?  It's used to craft all kinds of recipes, and it goes into people's storage.

Let's say I want to sell 100 rares that I picked up in AE.  What do most people do?  They post it at a low number and sell it into the highest outstanding bid.  That's easy.  There are just under 19,000 bids right now.  I'd guess a lot of them are really low, like under 5,000.  But if you want to sell 100, you will certainly sell it and probably at something north of 500,000 as of this writing.

Let's say I want to buy 100 rares to craft purples.  There are 9,987,205 for sale right now.  We know the devs seeded 10,000,000 at 1mm, so if you bid 1mm, you will get your 100.  If you want to buy it for less than that, you are relying on a market maker to be offering it at the price you want.

There don't seem to be any market makers right now.  And if you want to buy 1,000 rares, which I often do, you are out of luck trying to find someone offering them at a reasonable price.

I suggest that the OP, and anyone else listening, hit the AE farms and use your tickets to buy rare salvage.  Offer them at or near the price you want to sell them at rather than selling them to the highest outstanding bid.

Personally, I'd prefer prices to be lower on rare salvage as well, but there's no real way to make that happen so long as demand is greater than supply.  Remember the first month of Homecoming?  Salvage prices were 900k to 1mm consistently.  There is no reason that won't become the new normal unless the farmers choose to respond to the profit motive.

Edited by Yomo Kimyata

Who run Bartertown?

Merit farmers have found out that you can Merit farm 100-200 mil merits in an hour and a good deal of profit can be had from 100 merits by creating 1 single purple. On one day I know I made over 300 merits playing casually one day last week. A purple set IO can sell for 22mil almost immediately or you can sit on it and make 27 mill. 75 Mill influence in an hour for crafting only 3 IOs is a quick way to turn a profit, thus Rare salvage has spiked.

Does anyone care that you need 3 Rare salvages (3 mill influence) + crafting cost (~660k Influence) + AH fees (2.5 Mill infl) to make 25 Million influence (netting 19 Mill influence) to make one IO? Not one bit!

Before this recent spike, you could net 20 Mil influence in an hour+however long it takes you to craft 1 IO.

This is only my hypothesis based on a nearly doubling of attendees to Hami Raids from the past few weeks, and people realizing you don't actually need to "do" anything to get the merits except be on a team and stand there. (Which is why I personally don't participate in raids any more). Also by the fact that not all Rare salvage prices have spiked. Your personal experience may vary from mine, though.

Trademarked Name (@Trademark)

Hocus-Pocus, Assault, Joan (of Atlas), Homunculous, Ensorcellress, Seismic, Wolfin, J0LT, The Limit, Transparency, Fastball, Loremaster, Monkey-Boy, Presto Chango, Kazam

1 hour ago, Rocketeur said:

Merit farmers have found out that you can Merit farm 100-200 mil merits in an hour and a good deal of profit can be had from 100 merits by creating 1 single purple. On one day I know I made over 300 merits playing casually one day last week. A purple set IO can sell for 22mil almost immediately or you can sit on it and make 27 mill. 75 Mill influence in an hour for crafting only 3 IOs is a quick way to turn a profit, thus Rare salvage has spiked.

Does anyone care that you need 3 Rare salvages (3 mill influence) + crafting cost (~660k Influence) + AH fees (2.5 Mill infl) to make 25 Million influence (netting 19 Mill influence) to make one IO? Not one bit!

Before this recent spike, you could net 20 Mil influence in an hour+however long it takes you to craft 1 IO.

This is only my hypothesis based on a nearly doubling of attendees to Hami Raids from the past few weeks, and people realizing you don't actually need to "do" anything to get the merits except be on a team and stand there. (Which is why I personally don't participate in raids any more). Also by the fact that not all Rare salvage prices have spiked. Your personal experience may vary from mine, though.

You are probably dead on as to increases in demand.  Not sure what you mean by not all rare salvage prices though, since they are fungible and buying and selling a rare salvage is now independent of which salvage it actually is.  An Alien Blood Sample and a Hamidon Goo are for all intents and purposes identical, and trade exactly the same.

Who run Bartertown?