Shield Charge bind?

Call Me Awesome

I've been trying to get a bind working to Shield Charge at a targeted mob and apparently my bind-fu isn't up to the task.  Ideally I'd like one bind that would Shield Charge to a mob, then Lightning Rod on a second push of the key, is this possible?

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

The first one I think is easy, it's /bind key powexeclocation target "shield charge".

I am not sure on the second, although I suspect if you bound both actions and shield charge had gone off, it would activate LR. So I would try this:

/bind key powexeclocation target "shield charge"$$powexeclocation target "lightning rod"

In both instances bind can be replaced with macro for a button, which is my preference, and the key replaced with the name you want to appear on the macro.  I find macros to be an easier way to make these, as if it doesn't work you can right click on it to change it.

Hmm, looking again at the binds guide and this last one will likely not work. Queued attacks overwrite one another, unless this is changed, so the last bind would activate lightning rod. So do not expect that one to work as is, without some finagling.

Edited by subbacultchas

8 hours ago, Hopeling said:

If you want to active two different powers in sequence, I think you'll have to use bindload tricks.

I was afraid of that.  I'd made a bind of /bind leftdoubleclick "powexecname lightning rod$$powexecname shield charge" and it fires Shield Charge and then if I hit it again it just gives the "recharging" tone.  I hadn't been aware of the powexeclocation target command, I'll give that one a try when I get back... unfortunately I'm away this week at a lovely thing called "work".

I'd hoped to avoid a bind load thing, I have a couple of machines I occasionally use and I know I'd end up forgetting it on the second machine.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

7 hours ago, Call Me Awesome said:

I was afraid of that.  I'd made a bind of /bind leftdoubleclick "powexecname lightning rod$$powexecname shield charge" and it fires Shield Charge and then if I hit it again it just gives the "recharging" tone.  I hadn't been aware of the powexeclocation target command, I'll give that one a try when I get back... unfortunately I'm away this week at a lovely thing called "work".

I'd hoped to avoid a bind load thing, I have a couple of machines I occasionally use and I know I'd end up forgetting it on the second machine.

You could do two binds, one double click and the other shift + click. I know it's not exactly what you are wanting, but it would work and muscle memory would quickly make it automatic for you.

1 hour ago, MunkiLord said:

You could do two binds, one double click and the other shift + click. I know it's not exactly what you are wanting, but it would work and muscle memory would quickly make it automatic for you.

I kind of thought I might need to do something of the type, I'll experiment some when I get back home.  I'm out of town this week without an option to log in.

Spoiler