Unslotter build?

HairyLou

Now here's a weird question for you, and some of you might have thought about this before.

I'm thinking about leveling up an "unslotter" to 50. That is, I want a character I can slot with my invented enhancements, attune then, unslot them and pass them on to my lowbie alts. For that to work efficiently I need a 50 alt with as many different types of powers as possible. So my question is: What build would have the most different kinds of powers?

Sure, def, res, heal, range, melee, target aoe and PBAOE are stock powers of most build and most important, but if you also want to cram in immob, hold, perhaps even fear, confuse etc, so you can slot - and unslot - as many different recipes/enh as possible. What AT and sets would you go with?

(Yes, of course we can just grind inf and buy what we want, and just sell the l50 recipes, but... That's not what I'm asking for.)

The market on Homecoming considers regular enhancements and attuned enhancements one and the same, so it's a better idea to buy a (say) attuned Crushing Impact for 1M than buy a normal CI for 1M + catalyst for 3M + unslotter for 100k.

But if you wanted to do this unslotter build for the heck of it, I'd go with something like a mind/psi dominator. Checklist: hold, confuse, fear, immob (subdue in secondary), disorient (psychic shockwave), knockback, sleep, melee, ranged, heal, pet (app), res (app or tough), def, TAoE, PBAoE. I think that's everything?

• Like 1

Just so there's no doubt: I do know that all enh (lvl/attuned or not) are equal on the market. I'm talking about actually making the huge amounts of 50s I get, attuning them and using them on lowbie alts. I like leveling up, not much of a fan of the grindy, repetitive "end game" and very much not enjoying PLing. But I very much do like to level up something with attuned sets asap for that "super" powered feeling. Sure I can just sell the recipes and/or whatever I make and "buy it back" and save that one merit an unslotter costs, but... It's just wrooong. Sort of...

Well, you have to spend you merits (not inf) on something, but yeah.. it's not a very good system that way.
To be honest I'm probably more interested in the general idea of how can you get a build with as many sorts of powers as possible (and how many purples (which would be a waste) you could slot). More like a fun though. I think I have to do a mind/psi build in hero designer.

Ninja/Thermal MM. Should really cover a lot. Ninja pets can be slotted with all kinds of enhancements and with thermal you get places to put heals and resists. Defense can be slotted in a lot of pool powers, so not an issue.

Edit: Kheldians might be great as well. They are jacks of all trades, should find a spot for practically everything.

Edited by Pyriold

Im not sure why you would need to do this, as others have pointed out the market itself will attune your enhancements- just sell the crafted ones you make, and rebuy off the market attuned to save the catalyst/unslotter cost and a hell of a lot of fiddling around making and leveling an alt to 50 just to do what is already available for much cheaper and more efficient with the market tools in game.

Ah well if you just want jack of trades with lots of stuff... I'd agree both side EATs are chock full of options (Bane's my favorite, you got so much different stuff you could do) MMs can be quite varied.  I'd perhaps look at a DP defender of some sort, as I think they can be slotted with numerous things due to the ammo options, perhaps even a DP/Tac Arrow Blaster, as Tac Arrow has a ton of different controls too.  Plant/Dark Controller maybe?

Really different stuff is a usually a bad idea as you want to stack things for them to be effective though.