Place to publish stories?

Dacy

• Community Rep

Hi, I was wondering if there was any place to post/publish lengthy fiction pieces?

Naturally, I ask because I have a piece here...I've attached it, but I do not know if this is the best way to post it?

-Dacy

The Fight Begins.docx

Edited by Dacy
revised errors in file
  • Like 1

Not to worry you're in the right part of the forums for creating.

I don't think there is specifically a long form story section

so I would say it goes under the broad umbrella of Multimedia.

As for the best way just start your own thread or edit your original post

in this one and change the title to "Dacy's Creative Bits"

or what have you and you should be all set. zb7XgP0P_o.png

Edited by Christopher Robin
  • Like 1

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

Wow @Dacy, very nice! Any plans for some illustrations even if simple for a little visual representation?

- Xoza Shadow (@Xoza)

Ordo Imperialis / Xoza.net

Everlasting / Excelsior

Arconu1MqVyK.png | Yuri'ko9E28NED.png | Xoza8lnHKLt.png | Nebulum3f2lHyL.png | NovaeZOOTsRk.png | Nebulae9sfLlss.png | ChellnFRzS1G.png | Rayn7KPkl2C.png | MendalarafBfruXW.png | TesliaHPucq9J.png | CybernetBlbsQUx.png | Teras Kasih1GKuZo.png | ArcstalkerXdnlqXI.png | Bull RushNG0EFBL.png

My Costume Archive | My Characters & CreationsMy Binds/Macros | My Club

• Community Rep

Thanks so much, Xoza! It means the world to me that you actually took the time to read it. 🙂 And that you commented, and liked it! 😄

I posted in another topic, but here is Fire Onyx and Dacy's Trick:

Fierce.thumb.jpg.301a089ce260224582bd4d1c473341ad.jpg

Here is an unfinished work with Trick..it's going to be Trick and Dacy. I'll post the sketch I'm working from in the next topic, I'm outta MB space for this post!

Trick_Dacy.thumb.jpg.0e4dd05b399e6b686bc1c1a9af8d8c1b.jpg

-Dacy

• Like 1

• Community Rep

Here's the sketch. I haven't been able to do a color version of Dacy that captures the look I want, the look I see here. I will probably still make changes to Trick, too; I love the ipad, it's so easy to make layers and changes!

Trick_And_Dacy.thumb.jpg.0d172e15706d249a40156a1b19ee7c11.jpg

Wow. Now I'm getting the itch to finish this...and I have so many bases I've got to do!

I've never done Starchilde. Her player died just before Sunset on Live, and I just haven't.

That was an interesting thing in doing the story: keeping the characterizations in line with what the player/creator wanted. Which, especially in the case of Trick, meant rewriting a lot. He is my husband's character, and he never intended for Trick to have a sidekick of any sort, much less a love interest. So, she's not, much as she might want to be. Some of the interactions they have aren't what I'd pictured, originally, but that's how writing goes sometimes. Sometimes you write the characters, sometimes they tell you what to write. 🙂

Interesting tidbits on the story: the city mentioned from Central America existed...and they don't know what happened to the populace, but they think it was sudden and calamitous.  It was a huge metropolitan city for its time, until...it wasn't.

Marcus Solomon was also a character created by my husband, and at the end of the story, he's off on another adventure, where another character finds her origin. Thylacine, who has also been recreated here on Everlasting, has one of my all time favorite bios. I can take no credit for it, however, it's all my husband's creation, so I have not written her story.

-Dacy

• Like 1

Dacy I am part of the way through the story (liking it so far zb7XgP0P_o.png) and I was wondering what kind of feedback you were looking for?

What did you think of my earlier con/crit in the bios thread? Was it useful and do you want more of that here?

Contextual things? (like what I think about a particular turn of phrase?)

Simple spelling and grammar? (you do enjoy a good serial comma)

Errors and omissions? (i.e. "he could also bait for a trap." from page 5 should instead say

"he could also be bait for a trap." or "he could also be the bait for a trap.")

Overall impressions?

Something else?

Edited by Christopher Robin
  • Like 1

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

• Community Rep

Well, I like to hear if someone likes it, and I'm ordinarily really good at grammar and editing, so if I've missed something, PLEASE do point it out. I shall be  correcting that mistake immediately.

The bio thread commentary was quite useful, and I've yet to change that bio, but I will. I will likely make changes to the changes, but what I was looking for there was if there was a way to fit more in, make something more concise, or phrase it differently so that it was more clear and/or fit better. You did wonderfully on those points.

I guess I am hoping the story is good as is for the most part, tho if you see a logic error, typo, grammar mistake, or a  particularly egregious run on sentence....lol...

I'd be happy to hear about it. Yes, I do enjoy long sentences. I consider that more a stylistic choice, but, if it makes things awkward or less comprehensible, I'd want to know. Anything that was difficult to understand is also helpful to know. I try to write so that things are understandable. I greatly dislike slogging through writing that is awkward and incomprehensible, and I would think that's a common feeling.

If you feel that there is something that would improve the story, I'm open to hearing about it. If there was something you particularly liked, or disliked, I'd like to know. And yes, I love hearing the overall impression, probably because feedback up to this point has been positive, so I'm hoping it's actually a good, engrossing read. I love hearing about specifics you really liked. I know the parts I think turned out particularly well, and I know the parts that I'm not as sure about. Part of me wants to know how it compares in quality to something you might buy in a store, and part of me is scared to ask that.

I always write more than I need to, I think, heh. Summing it up: Say it if you think it's helpful, Say it if you think it improves the book. Say it if you think it's important. I'm not asking for everything you've got, but hopefully the specifics I wrote about will give you some idea as to what I would welcome.  I would think this would go  for anyone who posts something here, but, I would also say, only give feedback if they say it's okay.

Thanks for all your commentary and feedback!

-Dacy

• Like 2

• Community Rep

Corrected version (will replace the one in the Prose topic by editing link).

The Fight Begins.docx

Edited by Dacy
revised again
  • Like 1