My Joy and my Creation

Chalkarts

FIrst of all,

I only found out about Homecoming and returned to Paragon Yesterday,

I'm happier than I have any right to be about a video game.

Second,

My character in the old days was an intricate experiment in Min/Maxing.

He was rigged for passive regen, all of it.

Is this the right forum for me to theorycraft his rebuild from the groud up?

I've got MIDS again, but like I said, day 2 of my return, a lot of work remains to be done, but I will need advice from those with better memories or more recent experience than I have,

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Chalkarts said:

FIrst of all,

I only found out about Homecoming and returned to Paragon Yesterday,

I'm happier than I have any right to be about a video game.

Second,

My character in the old days was an intricate experiment in Min/Maxing.

He was rigged for passive regen, all of it.

Is this the right forum for me to theorycraft his rebuild from the groud up?

I've got MIDS again, but like I said, day 2 of my return, a lot of work remains to be done, but I will need advice from those with better memories or more recent experience than I have,

What was the character AT and powersets?

6 minutes ago, MunkiLord said:

What was the character AT and powersets?

At the Time it was a Tanker, Wpr/SS,

I'm not sure if that power combo is the absolute optimal combo for an immortal.

It was the best I could come up with at the time, but the how and why is very fuzzy after so long.

4 minutes ago, Chalkarts said:

It was the best I could come up with at the time, but the how and why is very fuzzy after so long.

For focusing on regen it's a great choice. Layered mitigation, lots of HP and regen, so it definitely works. The taunt aura is weaker than others, so Taunt is likely a must have power for such a build. As far as most optimal, not sure to be honest, but I would lean towards probably not. But really with Incarnates and IOs, I don't think it really matters. Both are fun sets, so I say go for it. And the Tanker forums will give you more direct advice for that, though nothing wrong with asking here.

That's about all I have on that combo as I don't play Tanks, so I have no experience with SS, and I'm not sure on the differences between Tank and Scrapper WP. So I don't want to give bad specific advice.

4 minutes ago, MunkiLord said:

The taunt aura is weaker than others, so Taunt is likely a must have power for such a build. As far as most optimal, not sure to be honest, 

I Do remember that I didn't have taunt for the original build because there were no Inventions for the taunt powers that gave Regen % boosts.  The character did suffer for it in PvE.

I may be willing to sacrifice a few regen % to fit in either Taunt or Provoke.

His DpS was crap because he was so heavily focused on regen.  

I think I'm going to wedge in Provoke and Jump kick to keep hate.

The character is nigh invulnerable, he just needs to keep the hate.

You might consider /Bio or /Rad instead for regen now, both are new sets and IMHO much better than WP with good auras that help taunting.  On the other hand they're both more busy than WP.

One other thing that's changed since live is that SS has been nerfed fixed so that rage crash always applies even if you have perma rage, that can be a game stopper for some SS players.  You may want to consider a different primary too, there I'm not as familiar, but if you want something that's kind of punching there's Street Justice, Savage Melee, and a little bit Kinetic Melee (though you get energy around your fists on that one) all are supposed to be fairly good, there's also Martial Arts, but I'm not sure if that one's any good and it's mostly kicks.

3 hours ago, Chalkarts said:

Who knows what's optimal.

I had a tank based on regeneration.  He was invuln and I got his regeneration to around 340%.  He was awesome.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

21 minutes ago, Ironblade said:

Who knows what's optimal.

I had a tank based on regeneration.  He was invuln and I got his regeneration to around 340%.  He was awesome.

I can't remember how high I had gotten mine.

I remember it was ridiculous.  I could fight some AVs solo, but my DPS was too low to kill them alone, lol.  They'd just Pound on me and I them, locked in an eternal stalemate.

Rebuilding from the ground up is going to take some solid action math.

1 hour ago, Justisaur said:

You might consider /Bio or /Rad instead for regen now, both are new sets and IMHO much better than WP with good auras that help taunting.  On the other hand they're both more busy than WP.

One other thing that's changed since live is that SS has been nerfed fixed so that rage crash always applies even if you have perma rage, that can be a game stopper for some SS players.  You may want to consider a different primary too, there I'm not as familiar, but if you want something that's kind of punching there's Street Justice, Savage Melee, and a little bit Kinetic Melee (though you get energy around your fists on that one) all are supposed to be fairly good, there's also Martial Arts, but I'm not sure if that one's any good and it's mostly kicks.

i'll have to look at those new powers.

If I remember correctly from my intense 3 year life in Paragon some 15 years ago, I had looked over the powersets and the Invention sets that would fit the various powers.  

I then calculated how many sets/partial sets I could fit for maximum effect in each power (It was a lot of number crunching)

And the power combo that had the most compoundable Regen% buffs was Wpr/SS, I'm not sure my old version even had rage, his purpose was not to deal damage.  He is to annoy the enemy and not die, the blasters can make the kill.

I haven't taken a deep dive into Bio, i think i noticed it had a regen boost power as well which would lend itself.

I'm a bit OCD about things like this and am genuinely looking for the Maximum passive regeneration possible within the constrains of the programming, lol.