BR/ Disintegrate Effect....Working or Not?

Mischief Manager

Ive seen it myself and read about others here on the forums that other powers in the beam set are initiating the disintegrate effect.

Can anyone confirm this as Working As Intended or something they are working on fixing in a later patch?

i only ask because while i enjoy having another option for the effect, the question of if its a bug or not will

decide if i keep the Disintegrate power or not. and yes i know its a good power with nice side effects other than that

but im not a fan of how slow the high DoT is regardless of min/.maxing and like the

more bursty fun powers more. personal preference for more pew pew and less ZzzzT and wait

anyway thanks in advance for anyone clearing this up

-MM

13 hours ago, Mischief Manager said:

Ive seen it myself and read about others here on the forums that other powers in the beam set are initiating the disintegrate effect.

Can anyone confirm this as Working As Intended or something they are working on fixing in a later patch?

i only ask because while i enjoy having another option for the effect, the question of if its a bug or not will

decide if i keep the Disintegrate power or not. and yes i know its a good power with nice side effects other than that

but im not a fan of how slow the high DoT is regardless of min/.maxing and like the

more bursty fun powers more. personal preference for more pew pew and less ZzzzT and wait

anyway thanks in advance for anyone clearing this up

-MM

I believe it was in the patch notes. It's great! Except I didnt know it when i did my first DFB and pissed everyone off XD

NM in the patch notes it just says other effects can SPREAD disintigration, but I was seeing it start and spread disintigration. So maybe a bug? I love it as a change since it makes it seem more like fire's "catch fire" chance and less like wait around for an ability to pop up only to have that mob die before you can spread anything.. Hopefully they will keep it to offset the noise XD

Edited by schrodingercat

I believe cap powerhouse stated the disintegrate effect being initiated by powers not named disintegrate is a bug, the spread % of the disintegrate was increased in those powers, and it triggered them to actually apply the effect as well as spread it I think.

So dont go speccing out of Disintegrate quite yet, it sounds like a known issue that is going to be corrected.

i guess i just like the ability to choose to aoe or not...i mean disintegrate>lancer>charged for groups...

then focus on one problem crtitter at a time with ST attacks and mop up the rest.

as it is at any point i can draw more agro than i plan on taking at any point

and thats a big pain when your group is running +3-4 diff mission arcs or hardmode tfs

just because they can take it at that diff doesnt mean everyone can.........yet

and yes i know learn to play the set and i have for the most part but the way this works is kinda random

and most other blaster sets are not. just my take on the matter...

thanks you

-MM

• 4 months later

I. Use disintegrate after I use the sniper power I am run br/ta and pop both booster to hit +dng use snipe, disintegrate, lance the cuttingbeam or the other cone power then standered chain of disintegrate lancer, fast snipe for st or disintegrate defance sweep and a overcharge for groups. Have not soloed yet as he's 41ish but am loving the group play. The fun with this is that cutting bean has a good chance to spread the effect to others then using the snipe or lance to get the dot effect going. Can you proc build disintegrating shot? Agro should not be a problem in group play. In solo I have bonfire along with the ta ccs to keep damage to a min.

Don't discount Piercing Beam. I usually use it before or instead of Cutting; hits just as hard as Lancer (actually like 1% harder or something base) but exchanges the Stun for slightly higher on-disintegrate damage AND the ability to do that same heavy damage again to a second or third target (two is very easy, 3 is more for tight packs) with just the lightest moving or aiming.