Claws/Fire Farmer?

Frostweaver

So, just to see if secondary is truly that important, I built a claws/fire brute on a double box account for farming, to see if claws was potentially capable of claiming the title of 'elite farmer' shared by rad and spines, especially since claws seems to run quickly WITHOUT hasten. I used the most popular rad/ and spines/ builds in order to keep things on an even keel, fully enhanced, as optimised as I could make them.

In testing so far, his best time on rainbow was 5:05, WITH someone else in the mission to time it. Obviously someone else in the mission dramatically cuts down on your reds, and incarnate levels DO make a huge difference, so I disabled the incarnates. I did a total of 2 complete runs (10 missions) with each toon, not using reds.

Rad/- best time, 4:54 with hasten, without incarnates, average time 5:15
spines/- Best time 5:01 with hasten, without incarnates, average time 5:25
Claws/- Best time 5:05 without hasten, without incarnates, average time 5:40

Now, obviously using follow-up instead of a second build-up seems to make a difference, as does Spin's higher aoe potential, minus the proc-monster auras that set both spines and rad apart. But it seems as though spin's dps actually fulfills the dps from both the auras and pbaoe's as well as the missing secondary effects of contamination and spine toxin. I am also wondering if the greater innate speed of claws attacks will hurt, or help, the incarnate proc effects.

Has anyone else tried claws/fire as a farming build? Thoughts? Is there a better testing methodology?

Also, follow-up occasionally seemed to get in the way of dps rather than helping it... Since global recharge doesn't lower proc chances and slotted recharge actively does, and the benefit of follow-up seems to drown in the sea of damage cap that is brute, would it be better to not include follow up in the attack chain, add in hasten, and then simply rely on firey embrace for occasional damage spikes and claws higher innate speed and base damage in spin, and ever-so-slightly inferior damage in eviscerate (versus ripper) to make up the difference, with global recharge keeping the base recharge up around 9 for 75% proc chances? or would the loss of Gaussian's chance for build-up in follow-up with only about a 40% chance to proc be too great a blow to dps?

From my point of view, in conclusion, Claws definitely belongs in the list of top-tier fire farmers. Next Project, to see if TW/ can be made to fit that list as well.... I am curious if the speed of clearing a single spawn will make up for the slowing and inconvenience of having to build up and maintain momentum...without hasten. I would also like to see if hasten is truly that important compared to slotted recharge and recharge procs, as well as Agility instead of musculature. It would seem that agility would, in fact, affect proc rates negatively based on the method used to apply the bonus.

• Like 1

I've always only had a claw/fire for farming (never cared for spines). My old build was also for other content and not optimized for fire farms at all. The only time I timed it on rainbow and tried to actually go fast i did 4:27, but I don't particularly care, just wanted to know if it was competitive since it felt fast to me. I've recently made a dedicated farm build but I've not timed it. It can afk 4/8/bosses on 325, my preferred, or rainbow and its hp barely ever moves. None of my friends have needed a pl since I made it but it strikes me as about the same speed as my other build, just softcapped to fire so much tougher. It's always just afk'ing now and collecting inf which i pretty much give away as fast as I make it. Only thing I'd change if I felt like a respec would be flipping the slotting in dark oblit and soul tentacles - i don't even need the latter and the frozen blast immob proc griefs my using dark oblit to pull more mobs in.

Spoiler

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.3
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Slashee Farm: Level 50 Magic Brute
Primary Power Set: Claws
Secondary Power Set: Fiery Aura
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Strike -- SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBrtFur-Rech/Fury(3), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SprBrtFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5)
Level 1: Fire Shield -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(7), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(7), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(45)
Level 2: Blazing Aura -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(13)
Level 4: Healing Flames -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(13), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(15), Prv-Heal/Rchg(15), Prv-Absorb%(17), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(17)
Level 6: Spin -- Arm-Acc/Rchg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(19), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(21), Arm-Dam%(21)
Level 8: Follow Up -- Hct-Acc/Rchg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(23), Hct-Dmg(25), Hct-Dam%(25), GssSynFr--Build%(27)
Level 10: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(42)
Level 12: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(27)
Level 14: Temperature Protection -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 16: Plasma Shield -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(29), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(29)
Level 18: Focus -- Apc-Acc/Rchg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(31), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(31), Apc-Dam%(33)
Level 20: Consume -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 22: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Tough -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), ImpSki-Status(33), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(33), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(34), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(36)
Level 26: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(34), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(34)
Level 28: Burn -- SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg(A), SprUnrFur-Dmg/Rchg(36), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), SprUnrFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprUnrFur-Rchg/+Regen/+End(37)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(39), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(39)
Level 32: Shockwave -- OvrFrc-Dam/KB(A), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(39), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(40), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(40), Ann-ResDeb%(40)
Level 35: Soul Tentacles -- Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(A), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(43), Rgn-Knock%(45), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(46)
Level 38: Fiery Embrace -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 41: Dark Obliteration -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(43), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(46)
Level 44: Tactics -- ToHit-I(A)
Level 47: Slash -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(48), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(48), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(50)
Level 49: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Fury 
Level 1: Sprint -- UnbLea-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(45), RgnTss-Regen+(50)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A)
Level 0: Born In Battle 
Level 0: High Pain Threshold 
Level 0: Invader 
Level 0: Marshal 
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon 
Level 50: Ion Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Degenerative Core Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Banished Pantheon Radial Superior Ally 
Level 50: Assault Core Embodiment 
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 
------------

Edited by Veelectric Boogaloo

The farming thread in my sig has both a dedicated fire farm claws/FA build and a general content build both of which can farm over 2.1million inf/minute in a solo run. I agree that Claws is a damned solid choice that doesn't get much attention.

• Like 3

Numpad binds for Masterminds - A collection of Farming focused builds - MM /Time guide for all primaries

@Zen Warlawk on Indomitable, @Warlawk#1697 in discord.

Currently struggling with mostly recovered from health problems. Gaming time nonexistent inconsistent.