Please Make Clear Mind an AoE cast like Increase Density

A lot of the powers that used to require numpad binds and frantic repetitious multiple-casts every couple of minutes have been modified to work as AoE casts now. Bubbles, Speed Boost, Increase Density, etc.—these powers now can be cast on one character and affect everyone in the nearby area, too.

So why on earth is Empathy's Clear Mind still a single-cast power? Effectively, the power is very similar to Increase Density—a short-term mez protection buff. But trying to protect the whole team with it would take up so much time the Emp Defender might not have time for much else.

I wouldn't ask that this change be applied to, say, Fortitude, because Fort is so slow to recharge that you couldn't protect more than two or three people with it continuously—it's not supposed to be applicable to everyone. But, like Increase Density, Clear Mind recharges right away, and could easily be cast on everyone continuously, if the Emp Defender wanted to spend most of their time that way. Could Empathy users please get a little of the same love that's been applied to bubblers and Kinetics?

Edited by Robotech_Master
  • Like 1

If you liked what I had to say, please check out my City of Heroes guides!

5 minutes ago, Robotech_Master said:

A lot of the powers that used to require numpad binds and frantic repetitious multiple-casts every couple of minutes have been modified to work as AoE casts now. Bubbles, Speed Boost, Increase Density, etc.—these powers now can be cast on one character and affect everyone in the nearby area, too.

So why on earth is Empathy's Clear Mind still a single-cast power? Effectively, the power is very similar to Increase Density—a short-term mez protection buff. But trying to protect the whole team with it would take up so much time the Emp Defender might not have time for much else.

I wouldn't ask that this change be applied to, say, Fortitude, because Fort is so slow to recharge that you couldn't protect more than two or three people with it continuously—it's not supposed to be applicable to everyone. But, like Increase Density, Clear Mind recharges right away, and could easily be cast on everyone continuously, if the Emp Defender wanted to spend most of their time that way. Could Empathy users please get a little of the same love that's been applied to bubblers and Kinetics?

TBH I was surprised they applied AoE to Speed Boost. Given that Nature is likely going to eclipse Empathy and the primary Healing/Buffing set (if it hasn't already), IMHO Empathy could use a little love.

To have AoE SB and NOT AoE Clear Mind is nuts IMHO