Its a wonder this game even works.

DR_Mechano

blizz didn't/doesn't just have scads of money, though . . . they also have a /name/.  The line of unpaid interns willing to leap at the chance to put acti-blizz on their resume is truly staggering.  It's their standard operating procedure to put new talent in to low-risk positions, and then buy up loyalty from the ones which meet their standards.

On 9/23/2019 at 6:31 PM, DR_Mechano said:

As pointed out Ultima Online is THE longest running MMO...

This is inaccurate. Ultima Online was released in 1997. The Realm Online came out in 1996. It might never have had the numbers that CoH or WoW had. But, it is still running.

I'm fairly sure that its code is somewhat pasta-fied as well, seeing as it's gone through 4 companies.

I can't imagine the code for Everquest to be in much better shape either. That game has changed publishers and developers a few times over the last 20 years. I recently tried the EQII progression server and that game hasn't aged very well either. It's better than when it launched but to me it feels far more like a relic of its time than CoH.

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

I've seen 4 pages of arguing. IF you know how the coding is, AND you think there's a lack of documentation, why can't you organise a bunch of volunteers to create the docs?  Instead of just sitting here.  Seems like there's at least 3-4 people with enough experience to make an actual contribution.  Anything you make is INFINITELY better than nothing.