Midnight Dodger Badge - any tips?

erc1971-3

After dozens of attempts I am at my wits end with this ridiculous badge.  (Midnight Dodger What Dodges At Midnight from Tin Mage TF)

Can anyone provide strategies or tips on how the heck you can obtain this thing?

Thanks,

Eric

Edited by erc1971-3

1 hour ago, Vanden said:

If you absolutely have to have it, go back outside the building where Director 11 spawns and have the whole team fly up in the air where the bombs can't hit you, and kill him with ranged attacks and Lores.

Tried that - alot.  Before we can finish him off, someone ends up webbed and falling into the trip mines.

Edited by erc1971

On 10/2/2019 at 10:25 PM, erc1971 said:

Tried that - alot.  Before we can finish him off, someone ends up webbed and falling into the trip mines.

The whole team doesn't need to fly, it is a personal badge, only you have to not get hit. I have this badge on just about every character I've run the TF on and I have never actually tried for it. Just have everyone summon their lore pets for director 11 and he dies so fast that the probability of getting the badge is very high. Lore pets summoned this way can last up until the end of the next mission and help with the goliath war walker as well, so it is a good time to summon them anyways.

Currently on fire.

2 hours ago, DreadShinobi said:

The whole team doesn't need to fly, it is a personal badge, only you have to not get hit. I have this badge on just about every character I've run the TF on and I have never actually tried for it. Just have everyone summon their lore pets for director 11 and he dies so fast that the probability of getting the badge is very high. Lore pets summoned this way can last up until the end of the next mission and help with the goliath war walker as well, so it is a good time to summon them anyways.

If one person gets hit the badge fails for all.

Either the team flies at high altitude while the lore pets pound director 11, or else team members should watch while standing on a building rooftop.

I use incandesence to warp the team to a roof after the glowies are clicked. Lores get spawned and we lock them onto director 11

59 minutes ago, Nericus said:

If one person gets hit the badge fails for all.

Either the team flies at high altitude while the lore pets pound director 11, or else team members should watch while standing on a building rooftop.

I use incandesence to warp the team to a roof after the glowies are clicked. Lores get spawned and we lock them onto director 11

That hasn't been my experience, but regardless you can get this pretty easily with just lore rushing him and not needing to use floor avoidance tactics. I've never had to do that to get the badge.

Currently on fire.

1 hour ago, DreadShinobi said:

That hasn't been my experience, but regardless you can get this pretty easily with just lore rushing him and not needing to use floor avoidance tactics. I've never had to do that to get the badge.

It's always been my experience then and now that if one person gets hit that badge fails unless one of the recent patches did a stealth change to the badge.  Back in the day I obtained it many times without going outside, but going outside I think is the better way. Mileage varies

Honestly every time I've gotten this badge it's after I've stopped trying. Seems you just need RNG to be on your side. But at the very least having everyone use fly/jetpack types powers helps, though I've never dragged him outside the building -- just have to stay off the ground inside the building and that works fine.

And yes, everyone has to avoid the mines to get the badge. It's not a personal achievement.

"We're out of options, I'll have to use the jetpack," I said, strapping on the jetpack and ignoring the many non-jetpack options still left.

Having trouble deciding your next alt? Just need a cool name? Try out City Suggests

Looking for powers data? Try the Powers API

On 10/4/2019 at 6:18 PM, RubyRed said:

Honestly every time I've gotten this badge it's after I've stopped trying. Seems you just need RNG to be on your side. But at the very least having everyone use fly/jetpack types powers helps, though I've never dragged him outside the building -- just have to stay off the ground inside the building and that works fine.

And yes, everyone has to avoid the mines to get the badge. It's not a personal achievement.

Yeah I've done it inside in the past  but for those that can't or won't fly, teleporting to the rooftops and sending lore pets to the street is great.  Also more room to maneuver outside. But mileage varies.

Also that this badge is dependent on the whole team...well it's not as annoying as the avoids the green badge in Keyes incarnate trial.

Edited by Nericus
  • Like 1