Force of Will?

Chalkarts

the jump travel power from it is basically the same as normal superjump.

The secondary boost ability makes jumping a bit farther, also knocks down opponents.

Apart from that the abilities of Fow are more range based than the melee based Leaping.

I haven't gotten the final buff power from it yet to make a determination.

I was kinda disappointed with the Force of Will travel power. I was thinking the secondary power was something akin to Super Speed, like the way Sorcery gets Fly and Teleport.
Turns out its more like.... Accelerated Metabolism level of speed boost - noticeable but not that hot

Edited by Seigmoraig

I tried out the leaping power on a lowbie (L4) last night, and was likewise disappointed. Same speed/height as Super Jump, no problem there, but the secondary "Takeoff" ability was painfully underwhelming. Toggled on in the middle of a pack of +0 Hellions in AP and hit Takeoff. Only half the spawn was knocked down, and I honestly didn't notice the speed increase. (I forgot to check my stats to see what the actual increase is.) For a power on a 2-minute timer, I was hoping for at least a guaranteed KD, or maybe a smidge of damage, or... something.

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

Let me just say I like FoW.

The animation time for the attacks are painfully slow. The cone not as bad as the single target. And I just picked up my two range attacks through my epic power. 

Im enjoying mighty leap I just wish stomp was changed to a “res-jump +jump speed”.  the stomp is so awkward.

I won’t go deep into my build just what I did to make FoW work for me. 

FoW: 

•weaken(2/3 slots)  1 Rech and 1 Acc with -res proc. “I’m focusing on the -res this has cause I have everyone with power boost fort and non of the io sets offer recharge” I use this for mainly bosses and up! I might change it to just 1 acc and 1 -res proc. DON’T GO THINKING YOU CAN USE THIS ON ENTIRE MOBS! Animation time is a little long if you try to use it on more then 1. It’s a focus 1 and move on power. 

•mighty leap (1slot) Stomp effects work on combat jumping. It’s something’s fun to swap over to in missions. Little jumping bean ❤️

•unleash(6 slots) I got it to a 1 min and 20 second cool down. I use this with power boost when I’m healing a heavily AoE fight with AVs.

Super Jump

•jump kick (5slots purple filler)

•combat jump (1 slot) 

acrobatics (1 slot)

leadership

•assault (1 slot) (Flex for SS or Veng if you want)

•maneuvers (6 slots)

•tatics (5 slots)

Speed

•hasten (1 slot) Perma with 1 slot

i use this power pool set up my ill/emp so I can afford to make this work with having invis available from my powers.   

I have a recharge build. I am able to get two Power boost forts within 13/12 seconds 

Edited by Hops

Kill Most ITFs! Defender Tank! dahkness11 - Twitch

1 hour ago, Cutter said:

I tried out the leaping power on a lowbie (L4) last night, and was likewise disappointed. Same speed/height as Super Jump, no problem there, but the secondary "Takeoff" ability was painfully underwhelming. Toggled on in the middle of a pack of +0 Hellions in AP and hit Takeoff. Only half the spawn was knocked down, and I honestly didn't notice the speed increase. (I forgot to check my stats to see what the actual increase is.) For a power on a 2-minute timer, I was hoping for at least a guaranteed KD, or maybe a smidge of damage, or... something.

I also tested it and found takeoff very weak. It is also clunky to use because the super jump power must be active. You have to click the jump power and then click the takeoff power. Otherwise it would be too much of an end drain to keep the superjump power active all the time. 

Edited by myyth

19 minutes ago, myyth said:

I also tested it and found takeoff very weak. It is also clunky to use because the super jump power must be active. You have to click the jump power and then click the takeoff power. Otherwise it would be too much of an end drain to keep the superjump power active all the time. 

Yes, "clunky" is a great way to describe it! Would have been better if the super jump was a clicky (like Inertial Reduction from Kin) and Takeoff was active while the click power was active. At least that way it would have a minor utility to it.

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

Since I used it with my Controller, I can say the T5 is a bit like the counterpart to Sorcery's Rune of Protection. It's a minute long boost to Regen/Recov and Defense with no crash. If you can find use in the other powers in the pool it's useful for any Defense-oriented character much in the way RoP is good for Resist types.

I would say it could do with maybe 30 seconds more duration or something because with a 10 minute cooldown, it has less uptime than even RoP at this point.

These are the baseline stats on my Scrapper:

TAKEOFF

Activation time: 2.10s

Recharge: 2min

Endurance: 6.50

Accuracy: 1.00x

Type: AoE 10ft radius (10 targets)

0.67 mag knockback

+151.14% jump speed for 30sec

1.00 max jump speed for 30sec

WEAKEN RESOLVE

Activation time: 2.0s