Trouble with Keymapping?

Cheapshot

I'm having a recent problem with keymapping for some reason. It's like the game is ignoring my input on newer characters, yet the same keybinds work on my older characters. All I'm doing is going to options, and remapping a button like I always do. In options it's changed, but when I actually push the button it's as if it's still on default.

Edited by Cheapshot

Go to a character where the keymap works and do /bind_save_file <filename>.txt (doesn't really matter what you call it just something you can remember).

Go to a character that is having issues and reverse the process with /bind_load_file <filename>.txt

That might fix your issue, failing that you can try doing the above but before reloading the saved file go into options and load the default binds (not load saved, it's the red button). Then reload the saves you made on the working character.

And failing that you could try /bind <key that isn't working correctly> "nop", best to do all the keys you're having issues with at once, but that can be hard. Then rebind in the normal manner (I use /bind <key> <command>, but it should work through the options window too.

Had the exact issue you have and I found the 2nd option fixed it. I think it's down to the game having gained some new commands in the last patch which prevent it from loading saved bind files up correctly (I could be wrong).

When you get it all working again you can preserve changes going forward for new characters by doing "/bind_save". This will save a new default binding.txt to your installation which will load automatically into new characters (you can still revert back to the program defaults as mentioned above with the red button), this just makes future characters inherit current key binds.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later

Thanks in advance, Lost Ninja.  I'll give this a shot.  Here's my current problem (which I hope may soon no longer be a problem):

I bet this has been addressed elsewhere before, as others tell me they've had this problem also.  I have a character whose keymapping gets reset when changing zones, including entering and exiting instances.  Specifically, it's Look Up and Look Down, which I often bind as DELETE and CONTROL + DELETE.  Any idea why this keeps happening?  It just recently started and most often affects the same character(s).  Thanks much for any insight provided.

ctrl has some issues. Check on that, but if a reset works, don't worry about it.

• Thanks 1

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation