*Random power set ideas i had and or power pool ideas.*

captsnow1

So here are the ideas i had floating in my head.

Power pool/powersets

Munitions power pool:

This power pool would be for those that want more types of weapons other then only a rifle or handguns or want just one handgun rather then dual.

some ideas for what would be in this powerpool.

Chaingun burst and fullauto fire.

Single handgun hip fire and aim fire.

Rifle butt and pistol whip.

Bayonet stab.

Flamethrower attacks.

Grenades with many types of effects.

Elemental ammo types for weapons.

And lastly maybe some rocket launcher weapon attacks or some energy weapon attacks or even some armor types as well.

So this would be kinda like the damage version of traps.

I don't know if it would work seeing how buggy the rifle and the trick bow are when they are used in the same build.

Next on the list is a powerarmor powerset:

So this one would be kinda an ironman/warmachine type of pure range dps/tank.

Most the powers in this set would be made up of mostly the powers that robots or mechs have meaning it will be using weapons built into the suit it's self and will have armor types that guard you from most damage types.

Also jetboots.

And now for the last idea.

A pet/Minion power pool for some one that wants to have Minions but does not want to start as a mastermind, these could also give some use to some of the generic army npc's.

It would be neat to see some one with PPD minions or something like that.

So let me know what all you think about these ideas.

• Like 2

• captsnow1 changed the title to *Random power set ideas i had and or power pool ideas.*
3 hours ago, Itikar said:

Upvote for the one handgun powerset idea

Even if it wasn't made into a full-fledged ranged attack set, a power pool centered around some mundane ranged damage would be great - maybe make it sort of like the fighting pool, but for simple firearms, (personally, I'd stick to a single pistol):

Single pistol power pool:

1. Supported shot - A simple shot from a single pistol, where you support your firing hand with your other one.  Deals minor lethal damage and applies a minor defense debuff.

2. Pistol whip - A basic melee attack dealing minor smashing damage with a decent chance to stun the target.

3. Reinforced clothing - Auto power granting minor smashing & lethal damage resistance

4. Combat awareness - Auto power granting minor ranged, melee, and AoE defense

5. Double-tap - You fire 2 shots from your pistol in quick succession, dealing moderate lethal damage and applying a damage resist debuff.

I was considering adding a synergy effect like fighting has, but I wasn't sure if that'd be too good or too similar.  Your thoughts?

Edited by biostem
  • Like 1

On 10/16/2019 at 1:36 PM, biostem said:

Even if it wasn't made into a full-fledged ranged attack set, a power pool centered around some mundane ranged damage would be great - maybe make it sort of like the fighting pool, but for simple firearms, (personally, I'd stick to a single pistol):

Single pistol power pool:

1. Supported shot - A simple shot from a single pistol, where you support your firing hand with your other one.  Deals minor lethal damage and applies a minor defense debuff.

2. Pistol whip - A basic melee attack dealing minor smashing damage with a decent chance to stun the target.

3. Reinforced clothing - Auto power granting minor smashing & lethal damage resistance

4. Combat awareness - Auto power granting minor ranged, melee, and AoE defense

5. Double-tap - You fire 2 shots from your pistol in quick succession, dealing moderate lethal damage and applying a damage resist debuff.

I was considering adding a synergy effect like fighting has, but I wasn't sure if that'd be too good or too similar.  Your thoughts?

6. Ammo Types. <---- Just for like extra damage and such.
7. Suppressing Fire: Fire 4 shots that deals moderate lethal damage and applies a moderate defense debuff
8. Hip Shot- A simple shot from a single pistol from the hip less accurate than the Supported Shot. Deals Moderate lethal damage and applies a minor defense debuff but is also less accurate.

Secondary Weaponry (Feel Free to give this a custom name):
St. Louis Slammer
Gabriels Hammer
Knife
Hatchet
Molotov
Smoke, Frag grenades
Tactical Maneuvers: AoE Buff: Acts like Tactics and Maneuvers but is more of a weaker version of the two.

^ Can work for blasters and such like Martial Combat.