Swss Draw Match Not Awarding Badge

Squints

Hello All,

For the last 45 min I tried getting the badge awarded. 1st time around the badge was given to someone who was knocked out the first round. 2nd time, the badge was awarded to the person who won all three rounds. 3rd round I won all three rounds but the badge was not awarded. We tried the method where the 2nd, 3rd, 4th slot will advance, but still the badge is not dropping. Is there a way to get this to work?

Nah, we figured this out over a lot of testing.

Basically, Swiss Draw is not about the winning or losing. It’s about the taking part. Taking part before everyone else.

In a group of 8 (and don’t do this with more than 8!) the organiser will never make it past round 1, regardless of if they win. On the invitations list, only the people in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th slots will make it to the semi finals. 6, 7 and 8 are eliminated. Then, again winners being irrelevant, invitee 2 and 3 will go head to head in the final. The winner (actual, bonafide winner) will get the badge, but they need to stay on the map until its awarded.

So make sure the person you’re giving the badge to is the first person you invite to the event. Once they’ve won the finals, make sure they stay in the map when the score screen appears.

Once we figured out the logic (insofar as CoH PvP can be logical) we got the badge for all 8 members with only one anomaly where the finalists got the countdown but the match never started.

W̘͈̟̫͈̰̫͖͘͠o̵̸̢̞̭͇̙͉͓̜̻r̶̘̪̱͓̘ķ̫͎͎͢i̜̜͇̳̮͡n̸͔̬͚̼̗͎͎̲͠͠g͞͏̵̰̻̦̗̳̱ͅ ̡̠̭̳̥͚̪̩͈͝A̲͈̬̥s͏̪ͅ ҉̸͎̮̺̦͖̝͟I̱͔͚̗̫̻͇̕n̮̤̖̠ț̨̠͖̀e̡̮̬͙̮͖̯n̝͔̣̮̜̮͈̲͎͜d͎̫͉̙̺͘͘͢e͕͓̫̹͉̕ͅd̶҉͈̮̣̯̠͟

Edited by Lines

7 hours ago, Lines said:

Nah, we figured this out over a lot of testing.

Basically, Swiss Draw is not about the winning or losing. It’s about the taking part. Taking part before everyone else.

In a group of 8 (and don’t do this with more than 8!) the organiser will never make it past round 1, regardless of if they win. On the invitations list, only the people in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th slots will make it to the semi finals. 6, 7 and 8 are eliminated. Then, again winners being irrelevant, invitee 2 and 3 will go head to head in the final. The winner (actual, bonafide winner) will get the badge, but they need to stay on the map until its awarded.

So make sure the person you’re giving the badge to is the first person you invite to the event. Once they’ve won the finals, make sure they stay in the map when the score screen appears.

Once we figured out the logic (insofar as CoH PvP can be logical) we got the badge for all 8 members with only one anomaly where the finalists got the countdown but the match never started.

W̘͈̟̫͈̰̫͖͘͠o̵̸̢̞̭͇̙͉͓̜̻r̶̘̪̱͓̘ķ̫͎͎͢i̜̜͇̳̮͡n̸͔̬͚̼̗͎͎̲͠͠g͞͏̵̰̻̦̗̳̱ͅ ̡̠̭̳̥͚̪̩͈͝A̲͈̬̥s͏̪ͅ ҉̸͎̮̺̦͖̝͟I̱͔͚̗̫̻͇̕n̮̤̖̠ț̨̠͖̀e̡̮̬͙̮͖̯n̝͔̣̮̜̮͈̲͎͜d͎̫͉̙̺͘͘͢e͕͓̫̹͉̕ͅd̶҉͈̮̣̯̠͟

This is accurate, and matches the results of my tests back on live.

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Tournament_Victor_Badge

"Bug! Testing performed on earning this badge in September, 2011, revealed that the overall winner was not determined by who won each round, but by what position they held on the team list. In two completed test matches, the players who advanced to the second round were always in slots 2, 3, 4, and 5 on the team window, regardless of who actually won the round. The players who advanced to the third and final round were always in slots 2 and 3 on the team window, again, regardless of who actually won. The winner of that round would get the badge as expected."

7 hours ago, Lines said:

I was part of this badge attempt with Squints, and we did try having Squints in the second slot once we were aware of the bug with the mode, but they still weren't awarded the badge. I supposed the bolded part might be the issue?

According to the issue 25 patch notes, the badge is supposed to be awarded for winning just a single round of the tournament, because of the aforementioned bugs, but we definitely didn't see that happen either.

Just now, Vanden said:

I was part of this badge attempt with Squints, and we did try having Squints in the second slot once we were aware of the bug with the mode, but they still weren't awarded the badge. I supposed the bolded part might be the issue?

According to the issue 25 patch notes, the badge is supposed to be awarded for winning just a single round of the tournament, because of the aforementioned bugs, but we definitely didn't see that happen either.

It could be. There's a delay before the badge was awarded.

And yeah, we heard about the same thing from the SCORE notes. Absolutely didn't happen; maybe slipped past HC somehow? Or maybe trying to fix a bug by bugging it is just a bad idea.